Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

05-19-2002, 10:22 AM
mokho
Zappfly

: May 2002
: ROME , ITALY
: 9
mokho  (10)
Question Wich creatures seen in previous games you want to see back in a new odd-title ?

In the first part of game developing , Oddworld Inhabitants promised us to bring back in MO all the creatures appeared in previous games except bats and giant wasps (both seen in OAO) .
Alas the final version of the game didn't feature Elums , Fleeches Slurgs and Meetles didn't make their debut !!!
I love Elums and i was curious to see Meetles in action .... I think these races should easily be integrated in any game of the series 'cause they are a part of Mudokons tribal society .... i hope that Hand of Odd will make my wishes come true ...
Which Kind of "old" creatures would u like to see back ?
If Hand of Odd comes before OAO ( in the storyline of course ) , do u think we could see also Meeches in action ? I hope so
Well let me know your piont of view
Ciao !!!
05-19-2002, 10:44 AM
pinkgoth2
Howler Punk

: Apr 2002
: Scrabania (Germany)
: 316
pinkgoth2  (10)
Wired

I really, really liked the bats. So if they'd retake up the idea, that'd be cool. Maybe with a type of AI, too, so they react instead of just flying on a certain path.

I'd like to learn a bit more about the Slurg-Fleech relationship in a game, maybe a story of how it came to be, since to my knowledge, Fleeches were designed, Slurgs are natural creatures.

But most importantly, and here I stray off-topic a little: I want the variety of the landscapes to return, like the deep blue of Free Fire Zone or the desert red of Scrabania. *gibber, drool*

Another off topic thing: I wouldn't mind seeing spirit rings in 3D. They'd probably be 'spirit orbs', then, or 'spirit spheres' if they're into alliteration... heheh. Would be interesting to see how far they can go.

And if they ever take out the scrab,...! *trails off, because what can she threaten with? Nothing*

- TyA

"Don't be careful, be immortal!" - Noko 440
"Pain is the best all-purpose preservative" - Devoto
avatar + banner pic © 2001 tya/neike satana

05-19-2002, 11:02 AM
mokho
Zappfly

mokho  (10)
Happy Pinkgoth I agree with u !!!!

Yeah would like too to see back the old natural landscapes like Scrabania and Pramonia !!!!
But also new natural landscapes should be cool .... I've posted another message about this argument in the "more wildlife creatures ..." dicussion ..if u didn't yet take a look and let me know your opinion
Ciao
05-19-2002, 01:46 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

I agree. More Elums! It would be cool to take your Mudarchers to a village and put them all on Elums, including Abe. Then you'd be practically impossible to beat!

05-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Genral.E.Stupid
Stunk

: somewere in the ruins of soulstorm brewery
: 49
Genral.E.Stupid  (10)

i want to see some elums and sum slurgs

05-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

no bads, please...
but more Elums, more Scrabs, more Paramites!
yeah I like more créatures!
Wildlife, native, industrial, ALL !

05-19-2002, 06:01 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)

I want to see all of the creatures again, but only when it makes sense. The reason we didn't see fleeches in MO is because they live primarily in the wilderness surrounding Necrum (and slurgs because they live were there are fleeches). If we ever go back to Necrum there better be fleeches. We didn't see elums (other than the ones that the vykkers were dissecting) because we never needed their transport. Maybe in future games we will need the elums to travel quicker. We didn't see bats because we weren't in many big cave areas.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

05-19-2002, 06:16 PM
mokho
Zappfly

mokho  (10)
Drunk Your reasons could be right but.....

Yep we didn't see bats 'cause there aren't caves and so on , it's right but all creature could be in the game for example just like scrabs and paramites do in MO : there aren't neither deserts nor jungles but these wildlife creatures are in someway used by the Gluks nearby their factories !
So i hope to se all of them next time
05-20-2002, 04:58 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

You can maybe find Fleeches in Vykkers Labs, it's where they where created, or worse, an erlier version of fleeches...

But, please no bads!

maybe a Scrab lost in a city would be cool too

05-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Oddness
Thudslug

: Nov 2001
: Australia
: 179
Oddness  (11)

Elums.

I'd also love to see Bigface come back...
05-20-2002, 11:13 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I want everything we saw in the last games come back plus new things too. I want it to be a whole Biosophere of life like what MO was suppose to be.

I would like to see wasps come back too and also Flying sligs, and crawling sligs. Lastly I would want to go visit the slig Berrecks again but in 3d and to explore all of those nuks and cranys of that place. To be abel to go into that highly detailed and vast background we saw in the prevous games would be such a grand adventure into the video game.

05-20-2002, 11:28 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Paramiteabe you really are into Oddworld arn't you *Shudders*

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

05-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Wasps? What wasps? I've never seen giant wasps. Where did u see them?
- And you're still a dick.

05-20-2002, 06:48 PM
munchman
Clakker Relic Miner

: Dec 2001
: Unknown
: 886
munchman  (10)

i want to see big face again he is cool, i saw wasps when the game is starting on the oddworld sighn