04-18-2002, 09:49 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
the spooce theory

Here is my theory. Sydney, could you put this on Oddworldian?

Mudokon natives that are one with nature are all able to channel Spooce, a mystical power which binds all living things. Like the Force for you Star Wars fans. Some can channel Spooce better than others. Bigface and the other Shamans are extremelly talented in using Spooce so they are tribal leaders. Mudokon slaves are cut of from the Spooce. The factories they work in are just to far away from the living nature. Abe was special though. He could channel Spooce unlike any other scrub before him. When the Glukkons discovered this they stitched his mouth up to keep him from chanting. This worked for a while... but eventually the stitches loosened. Coincidentally this was not to long before he overheard about something New 'n' Tasty. The rest is history.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

04-18-2002, 10:37 PM
VykerSawBones
Boombat

: Mar 2002
: In the middle of Nowhere
: 223
VykerSawBones  (10)

nice information it is really good i bet sydney would put it on oddworldian
04-19-2002, 02:56 AM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the reason Abe needs spooceshrubs even though he could chant perfectly well is that for some strange reason the shrubs contain a high amount of focused Spooce. Even a scrub could chant after enough shrubs. The spooceshrubs do not give Abe the ability to posses they just make it easier, less painfull and more efficient. For example: Before spooceshrubs a slig knew if another slig was possesed. But not with shrubs. Another example is when Abe possesed Lulu. No spooceshrubs=hard time controlling the lazy Glukkon.

04-19-2002, 03:17 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

nice théory...
I like it!
but... munch can have spooce too how do you explain that ?

04-19-2002, 04:33 AM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)

Xavier,
Munch can use spooce just as any other Oddworld creature. If a Vykker wanted to use spooce it could, but to use it effectively you must be one with the Spooce. Industrial citizens, as a whole, aren't very in touch with nature so if they try to channel Spooce it probably wouldn't work. Munch, Abe and all the other tree huggers are trying to save the natural world so Spooce gives them help. Glukkons, Vykkers and all the other land muggers are essentailly destroying nature so Spooce refuses to all them to tap into its mystical flow of power. Spooce is not a sentient entity, it is the essence of nature and it would be pretty dumb of nature to aid those trying to destroy it. Hope that helps clear things up a little.

Last edited by TheKhanzumer; 04-19-2002 at 11:45 AM..
04-19-2002, 05:04 AM
The Shrink
Thudslug

: Feb 2002
: Australia
: 162
The Shrink  (10)

Well you seem to use the term 'spooce' accurately as a force. But the shrubs are just a decision OWI made to change the gameplay. It was probably originally intended to make it harder to chant and possess stuff to limit the gameplay for Abe as it is "Munch's" Oddysee, but they planted it everywhere, thus making it pointless and no less difficult. Not because it's easier or to better fool sligs or any of that. No story, just a gameplay thing to the shrubs.
Oh yeah, welcome to the forums.

Last edited by The Shrink; 04-18-2002 at 09:06 PM..
04-19-2002, 03:30 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)

Gameplay? Do you think that Oddworld's existance is some sort of game? (I think I just quoted Alf) JK
But seriously, I am new to the forums but you will soon learn that I don't accept many of the things that were put into any of the Oddworld games for simple gaming reasons. This spooce theory was simply to justify in my mind (and hopefully some of yours) why Abe has to collect spooceshrubs in Munch's Oddysee and not in any other games.

P.S. I'm still working on why Glukkons would install teleporters with pictures of Abe and Munch as entrances to their factories...

04-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Para?noid
Zappfly

: 7
Para?noid  (10)

And while you're at it, see if you can think of a reason why every Glukkon has a "Donate All Your Moolah to Lulu" machine in his room .

Oh and welcome to the forums (not that I have much authority to say that seein' as how I'm new here too :P )

04-19-2002, 10:11 PM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: Apr 2001
: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

Personly I hope OWI get rid of Spoce... If we wanted a collecting game we would get one of the hundreds of Jappanese games out there that provide that experence... I think It would be better to just have Abe meditate when he wants to gain some spirital power... It would look the same as chantting in AO and AE when there is no one to possess, or the same as the Mudukon natives chantting in the Mulusk lines.
A simular system could be used for munch with a Charging mode and a Using mode.
09-28-2002, 07:09 AM
ethan
Thudslug

: Jun 2002
: Hawai'i, Kaua'i ,Anahola, Pilipoli place
: 152
ethan  (10)
Native

Thanks for the info on your spooce theory
and thanks for answering my question.
09-29-2002, 08:20 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

maby the mud head feathers help channel spooce
this would explane why scrubs have their heads shaved.