Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

07-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Admiral Zaarin
Thudslug

: Aug 2007
: classified
: 167
Admiral Zaarin  (229)Admiral Zaarin  (229)Admiral Zaarin  (229)
New and Tasty impressions

Hi, everyone. It's been quite a while since I visited here. When I heard of Abe's Oddysee re-make coming out I felt nostalgic and decided to buy the game even though it required Steam. I still value Oddworld as an artful and original universe and love the old games. With such a set it was impossible to completely avoid over-expectations so I launched New'n'Tasty with a mixed feeling. I was pleasantly surprised with the game though! Oddworld's spirit turned out to be preserved and the innovations generally weren't out of place. I haven't completed the game yet (got only as far as Scrabania) but I'm quite satisfied with what I've seen so far. There are few things that I didn't like though. The first one is somewhat antsy in-game character animation which makes the movements look a bit unnatural and cartoonish. The second one is the great amount of annoying flashy in-game help indicators. I'm speaking of lights under the levers, on the trapdoors, grinders etc. I understand these are intended to give players a clue but they look very out-of-place. It's not rocket science to figure out what to activate without them. A good thing would've been to have an option to turn them off. Apart from these two things everything seems to be quite fine. Anyway I'd like to thank Just Add Water collective for their work.

Last edited by Admiral Zaarin; 07-21-2015 at 02:08 PM..