Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion > Oddworld Mods & Hacks

03-29-2015, 11:54 AM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jul 2010
: Wrigglin in Elum's extremities
: 527
MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)
Speeding up and slowing down certain animations in New 'n Tasty?

I was just wondering if it would be possible to edit or change some of the speeds of animations such as when two scrabs fight, or when paramites attack. Both of these examples are very annoying to watch, for instance when watching Scrabs fight in the original it was very fast, and actually interesting to watch, but in New 'n Tasty they just kind of spin in a very slow circle and the loser just falls flat with the winner doing absolutely nothing but walking off. The paramites are an even bigger annoyance as they don't act anything like they used to, with being constantly aggressive even when they can't see you, killing you in one hit when you jump on them, and constantly jumping around all over the place which can mess up some of the puzzles in the paramite temple and cause you to have to restart, even if it wasn't your fault.

03-29-2015, 01:51 PM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

I was thinking this, the paramites and scrabs are very lacklustre now, it'd be great to see them more lifelike in future games. It's weird that considering a lot of NnT was about making Oddworld a living, breathing place with plenty of detail placed in the little things (which I greatly admire), there was such disappointing lack of attention to what are arguably two of the most iconic creatures in the series.

03-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Holy Sock
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2010
: Northern Ireland
: 1,317
Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)Holy Sock  (859)

I really liked the Paramites in NnT. I thought the crazy hissing was much more intimidating. Getting chased by 10 paramites was also fun.

Slogs were the only enemies I disliked. The chase music was too quiet and their bark was very underwhelming.
03-29-2015, 03:02 PM
MeechCrunchies
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jul 2010
: Wrigglin in Elum's extremities
: 527
MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)MeechCrunchies  (255)

I agree, I think the only reason they were like that was because they weren't made to resemble the original, and were simply re used from Munch HD. I may be alone in this thought but the look, sound, and general intensity of Slogs used to be so much more intimidating than what we have now.