Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

09-12-2013, 11:04 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)
MC Skeleton to Slig Resource Pack

*resurrects Fan Corner with Minecraft-related crap, yay*

Yeah I made a thread about this last year when Minecraft was all the rage - But the info in that thread is out of date and some poor mod would have to change the entire thing, including the old attachments.

Since I find myself playing Minecraft again for some reason, I converted an existing pack to work with Minecraft 1.6's new Resource Pack feature (which should hopefully now stay in-date for the rest of MC's lifespan). Now custom sounds work without any mods. So for those of you who still check on MC occasionally...

This pack makes the Skeleton mob (sort of) look and sound like Oddworld's sligs.

To install, extract the "SligSkeleton" folder from the attatched zip and plonk it in the "resourcepacks" folder in your Minecraft installation. Then select the pack within Minecraft's menus.

Skin originally by Blackgaze, gun and arrow modifications and idea by Alexfili, gun sounds extracted from AO by MLG Man.

Note that this pack also changes your bow and arrow textures to guns and bullets. If you don't like your arrows being very hard to see, delete: "...\resourcepacks\SligSkeleton\assets\minecraft\textures\entity\arrow.png"

Also bear in mind that the sounds for throwing snowballs and eggs are also replaced, since they share the same sounds as the bow being fired.

As a bonus, piston sounds are also changed to the trapdoor sounds from the old Abe games.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip MC-SligSkeleton.zip (174.5 , 512 views)

09-15-2013, 10:55 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Fantastic! Thanks for the name dropping.
The thought of trying to record videos of my Silphers pack characters is how this idea matured. I also had the guns in mind for the Darkhoodness Oddysee intro in MC. Keep up the good work, I'll definitely play MC more now!

(Slig riding a spider)

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 09-15-2013 at 11:53 PM..
09-16-2013, 06:45 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

Those look adorable!

Aw, guess he traded in his Slog for a spider ride.
I don't play Minecraft,(Wish I had it now, haha) but those look pretty damn good. Awesome job.
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016