Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

: May 2008
: Location.
: 585
scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)

ahhh my reply is so late i totally forgooooot

thank you very much everyone!!! <3
~I'm glad you all like what you see!!!

question to whoever might read this... xD should i upload some old -but rewritten- beginning of a fanfiction...? the beginning is quite good and i might even continue it because of that.. and don't worry it's not as boring as 'the captured ones' <.< xD there are more characters and the plot is more concentrated on action than on philosophy and psychical stuff... it's like an alternate beginning to Rain Slig.. does anyone remember Rain Slig? 8D well don't worry i wouldn't either xD

so.. what now?

btw: I'd upload it to dA at some point anyway, even if i wouldn't upload it on here...

-------

@ Splat: for some reason i never replied to this even though I read it already... I always knew Stivik had a strong bound to the past but for some reason i never thought it was that strong... now i wonder what keeps him alive actually... is it solely his ideology.. what will happen later? will he change his mind about it.. i can imagine it will cause his downfall in one way or another... *stares with curious glowing eyes, all around the light seems to dim because of the curiosity* D8
haha btw: the idea for the drawing isn't bad! you're closer than you think because this sketch originates from another of my drawings which is much like you described, only with different characters, and setting xD

@PixelRocketship sorry man... lol i always reply to people after they have long left.
I dunno exactly I was always drawing.. i think my second digital drawing with a mouse was the first one in this thread xD
i never uploaded the first anywhere and my first traditional drawing... since I can remember i was always drawing xD

˙·٠ The Captured Ones curretnly on hold ٠·˙
˙·٠► .The Capturers. curretnly on hold ◄٠·˙
˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

10-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Whee, always awesome to see you posting! But sad there's no new art.

Ah well. It'd be great to see you posting a story again; FC's been fairly dead for a while, so having something to wake it up would be good. Plus it'd be great to have you more active.
And I liked 'The Captured Ones'... I still wonder where that was going. Thoughtfulness and mystery are great in a story; I wish the openness of W@RF hadn't made it harder to achieve in TD, though I did manage to hold back a few secrets.

I think there's something in everyone that keeps them wanting to stay alive; things have to be pretty bad to want to step over that line. Maybe it's just basic survival instincts. But in my mind that instinct always seemed particularly strong in sligs; they have so little to look forward to or to gain from life, but they keep living anyway, and they'll fight to stay alive. Whether this is a result of the harsh industrial life or something inherent in their species, I can't say.
So Stivik naturally has a strong will to live. I think he also has a vague, subconscious expectation that someday things will get better; he's a good person, he follows the rules, he sacrifices so much for the Cartel; sooner or later he has to be rewarded for that. (Two semicolons in a single sentence - oh dear. Definitely a sign of an unsound mind.) Obviously as he gets older it'll seem less and less likely that there is something good over the horizon, but hope is a mighty force.

10-18-2011, 12:09 PM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

thehehehe thank you!

"The Captured Ones" originally had a counterpart story, but i dropped the idea after i changed TCO and basically messed everything up BLUH! so Im not going back that road xD maybe I should post a summary someday though... back then i had planned a lot with the characters but there simply weren't enough characters to keep the plot really alive so it was dragging on endlessly farther into nothingness than i planned :/ i have many parts and bits of stories, written beginnings and endings and parts from the middle -stories without title and some titles without a story yet xD but nothing complete it bugs me :c

but OK if people are interrested I'll post it here if i manage to write at least 5 chapters, cool ^w^

well true ^^
Too bad OWI didn't work a bit more on the Sligs in the games, they are too stereotypical - all the same, if one plays the games alone without BG info one would get a completely different image of them, when they still had the old OWI site there was a lot of info about the characters and the universe, it's a shame that they didn't include this in their new site aswell xD
But when i think about it the old games were from a Mudokons point of view so maybe it was their intention too...
We haven't seen SligStorm yet

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

Last edited by scipionyx; 10-18-2011 at 12:13 PM..
10-28-2011, 06:21 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

this is a few weeks old or proably months... i can't remember... it's almost november Ö__Ö
i had this on twitter, then on dA... I'm not sure if i uploaded this here... but now I'll add a little teaser just in case i have uploaded this crappy thing already xD

sorry for the watermark...

you remember Ramón from my story RainSlig...which i haven't written yet right?

The animation is crappy i admit, the thunder ends too abruptly.
And the Slig ...the sketch is crappy. Does anyone remember, which old drawing i used?

.......R A I N · S L I G .......
...................................................................................
The Daily Deception reports that Sam's successor, the
current Mudokon Princess has finally been found and
brought back to VL after being lost for 2 years.
...................................................................................
In a snowy night, on the pavement between skyscrapers and
whirring luminous advertising, an existance that shouldn't be,
is heaving himself out of a waste container.
Meanwhile the leader of the gang "██████████",
a Mudokon with a Red-Black striped top-hat,
arranges his plan to take over the city.

Five years later a Slig, named Scar, starts his new Job
as a guard at the Southern Saw Mills. Here he hopes
to forget his past and find some peace.
But a mysterious series of murders occur,
and suddenly Scar is the main suspect...
Till one night, in a heavy rainstorm,
an accident changes everything.
characters that have already appeared in drawings:
Scar, Splint, Seven, Eight, the Nameless, Ramón,
Cyborg Mudokon, Lefty
it will take me a long time till i can start this comic,
but i already look forward to it.
........................................ ♠ ........................................
certain information about the story might change anytime.

© scipionyx

now I'd love to explain something certain, but if I do, I'll spoil
what I have now arranged hopefully well in your minds... :c

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

10-28-2011, 02:36 PM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

This is very awesome and I love the animation! Cannie wait for what you've got to show.

10-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Ah, the mysterious Rain Slig, and the much advertised Ramon who we know so little about. It'd be good to find out what he and this is all about! The animation looks great I think. A thunder storm should perhaps be darker and it'd be good if it could be longer before it loops, but then as you say it's only a little thing; not something to spend hours and hours over.

11-01-2011, 11:31 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

thankies

@Splat: the thunder is like this on purpose, it's the way i imagined it, but true!

if it takes too long till i start I'll think about humanizing the comic.. since it's a comic and not something written...i thought of it a lot ...both has it's advantages and disadvantages *shrug* it depends on what OWI will do aswell...

hnn i had another drawing but I'm too embarrassed to upload it -too crappy so sorry ^^;

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

05-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Steamer_KING
Outlaw Cutter

: Feb 2011
: Portugal
: 1,204
Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)

So, nothing new around here?

11-14-2012, 12:50 PM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

Happy

:
So, nothing new around here?
I'm really sorry and thank you so much for that comment ;__;

This Blog is constantly on the verge of death,
as is my "life as an artist". ha ha. it's not funny actually I'm buried in work. OTL
But what is a life without the thirll of death, or at least *Ramón and *Coke would have that opinion ^^
And I can't let this thread die.survive.

.... so here comes some art for a part of the first cover of what I still keep calling *"RainSlig"
(which is btw, just a placeholder name...for now anyway)

and for the little ammount of time i currently have I'm pretty happy with it ^^ enjoy ? 8D sorry for the watermark ^^; but the dA watermark is worse :/

* Ramón and Coke are both Sligs, Outlaws and enemies at that. These two have not much in common, Coke is a lot crazier and has a deep love for tattoos and graffiti, he leaves a graffiti wherever he has been, his belongings are full of graffitti too, even his mechanical legs. Perfect and elaborate graffitti on the wall would cause Coke to forget about everything else and instead just stand and watch in ave, and if some stranger would pass by Coke would start to annoy him and rant about the beautiful artwork which the stranger just coldheartedly ignored. xD ...His mission, as you might have predicted already, is to get rid of Ramón.
They both appear in a yet nonexistant comic I currently call RainSlig or RS in short.

Some distant day in the future I shall upload a bio of Coke, and also bio's of the good guys :3 ...aaaaand a bio of the one in the drawing above

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

Last edited by scipionyx; 11-14-2012 at 12:54 PM..
11-14-2012, 12:55 PM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

Wow, I don't hang about FC much but I'll always stop by to check your work Kryo. ;D

I love the shading on this, he looks so angry too. xP

11-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Steamer_KING
Outlaw Cutter

: Feb 2011
: Portugal
: 1,204
Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)Steamer_KING  (637)

:
I'm really sorry and thank you so much for that comment ;__;
Sure. You have great works here. Keep it up.

11-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Splat

Oh my, he looks scary!

His feather looks really great; your skills have definitely come a long way. I remember a few years ago when you said you felt as if you were never improving; this definitely isn't the case!

12-06-2012, 02:42 PM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

Wired

:
Wow, I don't hang about FC much but I'll always stop by to check your work Kryo. ;D

I love the shading on this, he looks so angry too. xP

thank you so much
well yeah he has reasaon to be... you'll see ....if i ever manage to draw/write this comic/story

:
Sure. You have great works here. Keep it up.
I will keep it up thank you so much!

:
Oh my, he looks scary!

His feather looks really great; your skills have definitely come a long way. I remember a few years ago when you said you felt as if you were never improving; this definitely isn't the case!
...thank you very much! you have no idea how down I have been about my art, well not about the art but the fact that I have barely time to draw anymore and right now I can't really do anything about it ....so this comment means a lot. thank you

here is the idea for my competition entry.... since there was no fanart competition I'll just upload it, so far it's just a sketch, proably never will be more than a sketch....

it's a mudokon-skull he's wearing. and yes I sort of turned even more paranoid when it comes to watermarks lately ^^;
and I forgot how to draw hands... human hands and mudokon hands and slig hands and all the hands all of them OTL oTL .TL TL

oh yes.. have i ever upoaded this? it's really old I can't remember if yes then I'm sorry... I always see it on top of my files and i can never remember if I have uploaded it or not.. if i have uploaded it already or maybe even twice who knows? then I'm really sorry! stupid stupid lantern yes malfunktioning Lamps are SO COOL and common... in all my stories anyway, BUT THEY ARE COOL OK.

now I only have like 4 hours to sleep again xP

but before I want to share this random little story fragment with you...:
because... shall I continue this? I actually feel like it, because oh i have so much time but best ideas always come when I'm out of time |D

~enjoy

"Wait!" The Mudokon warrior fiercely ordered former private Rhenium.
Rain was dripping down the native’s angry face, while he pointed his weapon right between the young Sligs eyes.
Rhenium (or Rhen) didn’t move, instead he watched the tall Mudokon quickly turning around and pushing past the other natives, marching across a little stream till he reached the leader, where they started arguing.
The whole caravan had stopped now. The Mudokons were alerted, always keeping an eye on the surroundings - always ready –never off their guard – no comparison to any of the Slig troops which Rhen had been part of. None of them slacked off. They worked together. Almost like a single giant organism.
A Slig next to Rhen almost snorted with laughter but regained composure quickly as a Tomahawker looked towards his direction. The Slig cleared his throat. –“They look so damn serious –just like us back then when we fought for Slig Barracks! –Tsk!”
“Places are swapped. Everything actually…” Rhen mumbled, wiping rain from his face gloomily. “It’s one week already but it still keeps on raining like that...”
-Almost surprised that Rhen answered his blabbering the old Slig looked up at him. “Nickel is my name! It’s nice to meet you! –Nice to meet someone, who still knows how to talk!”
“I’m Rhen… nice to meet you too.” Rhen said, noticing the faded blue tattoo on the old Sligs scarred forearm.
“Oh.. ”, Nickel folded his arms slowly to hide it. “I served in the war, I was corporal once.”
The Mudokon leader eyed them every once in a while, listening to the angry one with worry.

...this has nothing to do with the drawings above btw...

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

12-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

The Lamp would look prefect in FeeCo.

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

12-07-2012, 05:18 AM
Splat

Lamp is fairly cool; flickering lights are pretty evoking. I love your competition picture; I love the way the native and industrial is flipped, though a native slig probably wouldn't be standing upright. But it's a cool picture; I'd like to see it finished.

I had to read the story fragment a couple of times to work out what was happening; I'm still a bit in the dark, to be honest - there's not a lot of information there. I'd like to see more just to understand what's going on, but it's up to you of course.

12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

thank you Crashpunk!

thank you very much Splat!
the Slig actually isn't standing, he is in a shell... like hermit crabs tend to be...

and an animal is carrying that shell, but i didn't want to show it in that picture... too lazy xD also it might have drawn the attention from the actual topic of the drawing... it ought to be a competition entry after all... but yeah you're right it looks kinda strange this way

and about the story fragment... true ^^ there was hardly any information, just a dialogue, some characters ... it's actually the intro of a story, i like abrupt beginnings but i forget to describe obvious things, like the fact that they are in a jungle, cause it's too obvious xD so i need others to read it to notice such things xD
I keep wondering if my writing is confusing when it comes to structure and length of sentences (grammar?)

I'd like to share it but i probably want to use it for something else , which I'll upload maybe someday....

but i have another story to share sooner or later ... if you remember ...in the captured one's there were 01 and 02, and in the capturers... i will not reveal that yet... however

-there is a third yet unknown one: the first unofficial test subject, you could call him 00, he has a story too,
These 3 stories are like a test for a not so unimportant character in RS ....
but Mel's (00) story is old and unfinnished (what a surprise!) but i actually was surprised when I read the first few chapters... thought of working on that one again, cause i really like it actually ^^
Mel's name is in fact just a code starting with 7-3W , which is tattooed on his arm followed by a barcode and the symbol for Vykkers Labs at the end
but when rotated 7-3W becomes ME-L ... which is the way Mel mistakenly read it (he can't really read just a few letters)
btw, I have two giant Bio's of Mel and another character from the same story, back then I planned to enter w@rf with them, but later decided against it

and I can't remember exactly but it could be that i already once uploaded a fragment of Mel's story somewhere... maybe on dA though...

sorry text wall ^^; but thanks again 8D

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

06-14-2013, 06:04 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

Idea

yeah OWF-FanCorner still exists!

by the way I have not uploaded Coke yet the image of the angry mudokon is NOT related to Coke [C0C41N3] i just noticed it's sort of confusing xD ... (btw, the reason for Coke's name is a song)

have I ever uploaded this thing below? (because exams are so very soon I ended up looking through old and new files and sorting drawings which is of course absolutely essential for the upcoming exams. *coughcough*)

anyway, If I ever uploaded this then sorry for the spam, if not then sorry for the spam but I really still like this! someday I'll redraw this and animate it properly! I won't say who it is cause it's too crappily animated and probably too obvious especially if I already uploaded it anyway (can't remember at all sorry Dx)

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...hi-d68zb4i.gif

and this here below is a Draft for a future animation, the character is not Ramón, it's Y-Grec (have I told anyone about Y-Grec yet?)
his name is pronounced "I-greg", in english, so forget about the French Y ...
He and a yet Unnamed Chronicler, both detectives, work on a series of unsolved Murder Cases,...but something is fishy about them! What do they really want?
I got really really lazy at the end of the sketch so there are more things wrong than correct in the image but I like it!

...remember those Sligs in Munch's Oddysee with the crazy armour?

EDIT: lol btw, Y-Grec is aiming at a door, ... xD
...do you know why? I'm not sure maybe somebody is looking through the Keyhole? xD
EDITEDIT: Yes the door is on the ground! (he's standing on it) the perspective is wrong anyway :P and the door is wrong cause doors on the ground look different I don't know...

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

Last edited by scipionyx; 06-14-2013 at 06:50 AM..
06-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Splat

It's new to me! And the title 'dion_rot_preview' is something of a give away, though I'd recognise her anyway! <3 I love the way you draw her! Seeing more of it would be awesome!

I don't really remember what Chroniclers look like, but the second is pretty cool. But... the door on the floor is a bit... strange. I thought he was 'standing' on the wall at first.