Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

03-19-2002, 07:02 PM
travees
Zappfly

: Mar 2002
: Little Falls, Minnesota (central part) ( I'll settle for Mudos too)
: 6
travees  (10)
Oddworld If anyone needs help with Abe's Oddysee I probably can help you

If anyone needs answers to the Abe's Oddysee game I will probably have an answer because I beat the game with a perfect ending. but if you want me to answer you will have to give a good explanation on the area you are stuck in and a good description of the screen and its contents. i also know a couple of passwords too.
03-19-2002, 11:53 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)
Re: If anyone needs help with Abe's Oddysee I probably can help you

:
Originally posted by travees
If anyone needs answers to the Abe's Oddysee game I will probably have an answer because I beat the game with a perfect ending. but if you want me to answer you will have to give a good explanation on the area you are stuck in and a good description of the screen and its contents. i also know a couple of passwords too.

gimme a password!
um...Please?

Wrex.

03-20-2002, 12:18 AM
xena
Zappfly

: Adelaide, Australia
: 2
xena  (10)

Hi Travees. I am a newbie and don't even know if this is where i can find help, but i have just started playing the playstation version of Abe's odysee and i am stuck. I am up to the final door of the scrabanian temple and i can't get through the level i keep getting killed. Can you help me please?????
03-20-2002, 12:41 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Apr 2001
: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Hello, Travess! Any help is very much appreciated

Hello, Xena, welcome aboard! You know, In the Scrabanian Temple, you can choose any sequeunce of doors, so it is hard to know what's the final door you are refering. If you add a brief description of the level, I'm sure we could help you up... or you could be talking about the Scrabanian Nests, the final level of scrabania, where you need to make a full non-stop race against the Scrabs. IF you know how to make a run-roll, it will help (hold X while running).
03-20-2002, 11:09 AM
travees
Zappfly

: Little Falls, Minnesota (central part) ( I'll settle for Mudos too)
: 6
travees  (10)
Exclamation To mitsur

Hey alright these are the pc cheats these are the only ones I know so other people if you read this I usually can help with the pc version but I also know my way around the playstation version too. anyway here they are as follows:
Get any level: From the point were the purple selection circle begins to blink(you know like when you want to start a new game or load an old one) you hold SHIFT and press down, right, left, right, left, right, left, up and if it doesn't work add one more set of right and then a left, up

See Any Movie: alright this time you have to hold SHIFT and press up, left, right, left, right, left, right, down and if it doesn't work then you add another set of left, right, then down

okay there's your passwords and believe me those are the only ones I've looked everywhere for these Use them well!
03-21-2002, 09:45 AM
xena
Zappfly

: Adelaide, Australia
xena  (10)

Thanks Lampion, and Travees! It's good to actually get a response to something i've posted!
Lampion you are right i'm in the scrabanian nests, and i can't jump over the ledge and get down to roll quick enough without getting killed it's so frustrating!! What do i do?
03-21-2002, 12:57 PM
buckminster
Thudslug

: Jan 2002
: Portland, OR
: 156
buckminster  (10)

I haven't played AO for so long... all I remember from the Scrab and Paramite "runs" from the game is that there is little room for error and I had to run through it quite a few times (lost count) before I was successful.

I also use the Gravis Gamepad Pro, which essentially is a Playstation1 gamepad for the PC, which helps a lot (assuming you are running the PC version ). You can get the USB version at places like EBgames.com for twenty bucks, I've also seen the older version that hooked up to the gameport on sound cards, but those are harder to comeby nowadays.
03-21-2002, 02:36 PM
Doug
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2001
: West Goshen, PA, USA
: 504
Doug  (10)

:
Originally posted by xena
i can't jump over the ledge and get down to roll quick enough without getting killed it's so frustrating!! What do i do?
Continue running, but press 'x' to drop into a roll without stopping.

03-27-2002, 05:28 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

BIG TIME HELP ME!
------------------------

1. How do i provent from being throughn out of the game at ramdom times?

2. #2 is a spam: Blichin, korvovich!

3. Sometimes my backround gets screwed up...

4. Can I get a patch to fix theese icky bugs?
03-27-2002, 05:36 PM
buckminster
Thudslug

: Portland, OR
: 156
buckminster  (10)

I've been thrown out of the game at some of the worst times ("Abewin has caused an illegal operation")... Alas, no patch was ever provided.
04-01-2002, 02:02 AM
munchkin
Zappfly

: Apr 2002
: pa
munchkin  (10)
Drunk 2 questions

Beginning of game - barrel area under the bomb pit - drop down and get Abe's friends away from the meat grinders and drop down again to get to portal - I can't firgure out how to get back out. The first platform he drops to - the edge that he would hoist up to is right over the hole he uses to drop his friends down so I can't figure out how to hoist up - he keeps falling.

is there a away to have his friends duck when he possess a slig he is going to use to shoot?
04-01-2002, 09:01 AM
Doug
Rabid Fuzzle

Doug  (10)

I got stuck there, too. You have to do a run-jump -- start running and hit the button for 'jump' (space on PC). There's not much room there to get running before you have to jump, but it will become second nature after a while.

You can get the slig to yell "Look out!" to make other mudokons duck. I think it's '7' on the PC, but just try the gamespeak keys while the slig is possessed. There is another one that is particularly useful later: "Here boy!"

By the way, if you need help later, it would probably be better to start a "New Topic" so that you can give it it's own heading/caption. People scanning the Help Forum will notice it more quickly.

Last edited by Doug; 04-01-2002 at 01:04 AM..
04-01-2002, 11:25 AM
munchkin
Zappfly

: pa
munchkin  (10)
thank you

thank you
04-27-2002, 04:45 PM
tommywolf
Zappfly

tommywolf  (10)
Searching for help!

So glad to find this forum. I've just become addicted to Oddysee and I can't hit the bees! Paramonia, F1P02C04, where my elum is slurping honey and I can't find any angle from which I can hit the beesnest with my rock. Appreciate you being there! (I imagine there is much worse ahead than bees).
04-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

must go few steps ago and then puch ^ up
it isn't difficult

04-28-2002, 05:22 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

Lampion  (11)

Hi, tommywolf, welcome aboard!

stay right in the middle of the platform, hold the "THROW" key, and then press the "RIGHT ARROW". Abe will throw the rock almost vertically. Look at the picture attached below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rock.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	24.4 
ID:	182  

Last edited by Lampion; 04-27-2002 at 09:28 PM..
04-28-2002, 10:01 AM
tommywolf
Zappfly

tommywolf  (10)
Thanks

Thanks, Xavier and Lampion. I reinstalled Abe and then the suggestions worked just fine. On we go! ( but I can't get anything else done 'cause I can't stop playing this game).
04-29-2002, 06:36 AM
whitechocolate
Zappfly

whitechocolate  (10)
Electric gate

In the beginning of Oddysee, in rupture farms there is an electric gate down on the bottom right hand side. I have rescued 24/28 mud's but can't get through this electric gate down the bottom. Can you help ?
04-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

Lampion  (11)

Yes, we can!
Before going to zulag 2 or deactivating the electric gate in zulag 1, you need first to escape from Rupture Farms. Abe then will find more about your own people history at Monsaic Lines. When Abe is ready to go back he will return to Rupture Farms and will be able to access Zulag 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Go for it and have fun!
05-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Caz
Zappfly

: May 2002
: england
: 4
Caz  (10)
the bell song

in abes oddysee when you get to the first bell song can someone please tell me what you have to do?

05-24-2002, 11:48 PM
hookedonodd
Zappfly

: May 2002
: 1
hookedonodd  (10)
Dead stuck in drippik

Hi Travees, I'm playing Abe's Exodus on PS an I'm stuck in general drippik's level. You are supposed to go all the way to the top of the levek and posses General Drippik and then take him down to the shut off valve at the bottom of the level. When you first begin this level you pull a lever and jump out of the way of a slig and then roll to the left and you are in a room that has a lever that opens a trap door and another lever that opens a barrier to the right. There are four landmines in front of that lever. I cant jump over them. I tried run and jump. abe as far as I know cannot jump that far. general drippik can't get to the bottom without that barrier being opened. Help me out.

05-25-2002, 02:10 AM
Doug
Rabid Fuzzle

Doug  (10)

Travees hasn't been around here since March. He hasn't posted anyway. It's probably best to start a new topic if you need help -- it will get noticed faster that way.

Abe can definitely not leap four landmines. I think he can do 3 if he is running. I don't remember how this level goes, but I don't think Abe needs to clear out the landmines. Proceed up to Drippik's office, and once Drippik is down, I think you'll be able to get some sligs to walk into the mines and clear them out.

If no one who knows better than I do answers in a day or so, post a new topic -- it just might be that people don't know there's a new question at the bottom of this thread.

Good luck.

Last edited by Doug; 05-24-2002 at 06:37 PM..
05-28-2002, 09:30 PM
biljoe
Zappfly

: hye
: 16
biljoe  (10)

They are right

06-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Timothy
Zappfly

: Jun 2002
: Orlando,FL
Timothy  (10)
Oddworld Scrabania and paramonia

when you first start out on those two places there is this jump that i can not figure out how to make it i have tried to do every thing but no help i judst keep falling and if anyone can help i would aprreciate it.
06-16-2002, 06:26 PM
whoisKeel
Zappfly

: Dec 2001
: non-existant
: 13
whoisKeel  (10)

hookedonodd:

use drippik's gamespeak to command the sligs ... if i remember correctly you can call for help and a slig will drop down on the other side of the barriar

06-24-2002, 05:38 PM
midnight roller
Zappfly

: Jun 2001
: 5
midnight roller  (10)

Ive rescued all the mudokons but would you happen to know if anything would happen if I killed all the ones you can kill? I heard you get something but Im not sure.