Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Non-Oddworld Gaming

09-10-2011, 12:45 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)
Oddworld Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

I love this game right now. Be sure to keep an eye on Revelations. It looks like it might be very very interesting. It's so cool getting all my recruits to Assassino level! By the way, one of the funniest moments was when a minstrel randomly came up to my character and started singing to him. Multiplayer is kickass too.

Lovable Games 09 - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Singleplayer

The story continues from Assassin’s Creed II as your character is an Assassin named Ezio Auditore. Just as life seems to be getting good for the assassin, his hometown is ruined by the most heinous of villains, Cesare Borgia. With no place left to go, Ezio travels to Rome in order to help liberate it’s citizens. On foot, on horse or even walking on the rooftops, getting around Rome is always very exciting.

Ezio’s first task is to round up supporters. His old friends are here to help and some new acquaintances provide the much needed backup. You’ll have several different missions which vary depending on who sets the mission and what your overall objective is. There are often bonus objectives such as “Don’t take damage” or “Don’t get spotted”, which award you full synchronisation after completion.

Scattered around Rome are the Borgia Towers. Each tower keeps one region of under martial law. When these towers are destroyed, you can buy businesses in the local area and get florins. With more florins you can buy more shops and then renovate and purchase landmarks. Another benefit to destroying Borgia Towers is that for each one destroyed, you are allowed to train one more assassin recruit.

Assassin recruits start out quite weak (with only three health spheres). However you can train them by sending them out on contract missions and upgrading their equipment. They will go from Level 1 to Level 10. You can hire up to a maximum of 12, consisting of both male and female recruits. You really start to care for your assassin recruits, especially if they take damage and call out for help. They each have their own italian names and appearances. You can summon them by using assassin signals. With a few assassins, you can call them to take out some targets. When you have at least 6 assassin recruits on standby, you can perform an Arrow Storm which takes out every single guard within sight instantly.

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood is a fantastic game. If your PC (or console) is capable of playing it I definitely recommend trying it!

Lovable Games 10 - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Multiplayer

This time I’m going to address the Multiplayer section.

The one game mode I play the most is called Manhunt. In Manhunt, you are part of a team of four. There are two teams, the “Hunters” and the “Prey”. There are two rounds in each game. In the first round you play as Hunter/Prey and then you swap over.

Typically the hunters earn the most points, but as prey you can also earn a lot of points by simply distracting the hunters and also getting them to attack the wrong target.

There are several abilities you can use in Multiplayer mode:
Disguise - Changes your character skin into a NPC’s so you can either hide from your hunter or surprise your prey.
Sprint Boost - Your speed increases for a limited time. Use to chase prey or to escape your hunters.
Smoke Bomb - Use this to stun your hunter/prey for several seconds, allowing an easy kill/stun.
Hidden Gun - Use this to shoot your target from afar.
Firecrackers - Blinds your target for several seconds. Note that they can still attack you or run away.
Morph - Changes the NPCs around you to resemble your character. Great for causing confusion amongst the hunters.
Throwing Knives - Throw these at an enemy to slow them down. Allowing for an easy kill/stun.
Templar Vision - Allows you to see through disguises and target the correct individual.
Charge - Allows your character to do a forward charge which will auto-kill/auto-stun anyone you comes into contact with.
Decoy - Makes a nearby NPC run away, luring the hunter towards it.
Mute - Stops any enemy ability usage for a second.
Poison - When moving slowly, utilise poison which kills the target automatically after a few seconds and earn you a lot of points.

There are several other challenges you can do which will unlock better versions of the abilities as your character levels up. You progress from Level 1 to Level 50, levelling takes more time as you level up.

Teamwork in this game is key, since everything is insta-kill. This means that if you’ve got a friend beside you, if someone stuns you then your friend can kill your target. You can also perform kills from within hidden places such as haystacks and also Aerial Kills from rooftops which is really cool.

Multiplayer in Brotherhood is fast, frantic and highly entertaining.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

09-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Crashpunk
cun't spill

: Feb 2008
: Nottingham, UK
: 7,291
Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)Crashpunk  (5534)

Assassin's Creed is a great series and what i've played of Brotherhood its pretty good indeed.

The first Assassin's Creed game is still my favorite by far. I like the characters, story(the last part was a bit odd though...) and location more.

Twitter | Discord: Crashpunk#0025

09-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Dynamithix
Wolvark Grenadier

: Aug 2010
: Finland
: 4,794
Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)Dynamithix  (3134)

I thought Brotherhood's multiplayer was really good. Shame that a lot of people just skipped it entirely.

:
(the last part was a bit odd though...)
How's that a spoiler? But yeah, the end of AC1 is strange.
09-13-2011, 12:22 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

I can't imagine people skipping it. I'm level 50 now

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live