Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

02-09-2002, 08:19 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)
Cogg's Oddysee (for lack of a better title)

Chapter 1:

As Cogg slowly made his way down the narrow hall, his mind began to drift towards death…He relished the times when he had beaten a scrub so severely it had begged for death, crying, whimpering, and pleading like a small child having it’s candy held just above it’s head.
Cogg knew all about being teased and tormented- he was still just a security-slig trainee, and just last night he had been beaten by his superior for gazing at a picture of Skillya he’d kept hidden in his bunk for months. When Thisk saw him staring at the photo, he promptly snatched it out of Cogg’s hands, ripped it in half, and threw it in the garbage.
“Go ahead you wuss, just try to get that picture out of the garbage, I dare ya’.”
Without thinking, Cogg had slipped out of his bunk, and was making his way to the garbage can---only to be stopped mid-stride by being pummeled in his back and head by Thisk’s heavy club.
As Cogg begged for Thisk to stop, he felt a hatred growing inside him for Thisk, and then he felt the hatred grow into something more..he wanted to kill Thisk; but he restrained himself, and waited for Thisk to grow tired of beating him.
After Thisk left, Cogg picked himself up and spit out blood and a thick black substance.
It was then Cogg had realized what he had to do…
Cogg was suddenly aware of the fact that he was still standing in the middle of the narrow hallway, with an odd looking scrub staring at him curiously, and another scrub who didn’t even seem to notice Cogg- a wise move on his part.
Angered by the flashback of his recent beating, Cogg glared at the odd scrub and said,
“whader’you looking at?”
Before the scrub could answer, Cogg charged forward, and laced his fingers around the scrub’s neck. He could feel a scream building in the scrub’s throat, so Cogg tightened his fatal grip. As soon as the scrub had a brief bout of spasms, and then went still, Cogg dropped him to the floor and began kicking the scrub’s stomach, until he heard several dull ‘pops’ as the scrub’s various internal organs began to rupture from the severe blows to his abdominal area.
Suddenly, Cogg stopped kicking the now dead scrub, and remembered the other scrub.
Cogg looked up to see that the scrub was still scrubbing the floor, yet hadn’t even seemed to notice his friend being beaten… He kept watching the scrub, and every now and then, it would cock it’s head as if it heard something, then go back to scrubbing the blood stained floor. Cogg was intrigued by the Scrub’s strange behavior, and he watched him for quite some time. Eventually, a crackling voice came over the intercom, demanding that trainee number: 9887564SC4211 report to training area B3, sector nine.
It took awhile for Cogg to realize he was being summoned, but once he did, he hurried down the narrow hallway, not even giving the strange scrub a second glance.

i guess if no one shows any interest i won't even bother continuing it. I am willing to collaborate as well.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: Disgruntled Intern ]

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

02-09-2002, 09:55 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

I like this. I will be reading it. Unfortunately, I rarely have the time to type very long replies, these days, so I won't actually reply unless I have something specific to say... If you get no reply from me, assume I've read it and I liked it...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-10-2002, 04:20 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

okie dokie then Dan, hopefully some others will express some..remote interest in it as well..
02-11-2002, 08:27 PM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Nov 2001
: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)
Cogg

GREAT fanfiction Disgruntled Inturn~

~Is Cogg and Inturn is he your charcter~? (an inturn?~)

Mudokon101...

Last edited by •[cyrus]•; 02-11-2002 at 12:30 PM..
02-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

are you asking if cogg is an intern?
if so, no. he is a slig, a security slig trainee to be exact...although a rather disgruntled intern may make a cameo.
02-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I like fics like this, I shall wait around for more chapters.

02-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Silversnow
Outlaw Cutter

: Closer than you think..
: 1,046
Silversnow  (11)

Nice beginning! I guess this will be another great story here to read. Oh well, I guess I'll catch up with ya all. One more time: Great beginning!