: Apr 2001
: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

:
Originally posted by Rettick:
:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR:
I don't think you know what it means so that's why you asked.
Why are you always saying things like that? There was no point in saying that apart from to insult Dave, which isn't very nice... In future, think about what you're going to type before you type it, and if it's not nice, don't say it...
You tell him that, he provoked a fight. So your saying when someone says something mean to you it's best to be quiet? Why don't you practice what you preach then?

02-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

1. Dave didn't say anything mean, he just enquired as to whether or not you knew what the word meant.

2. I didn't say to ignore people if they say something nasty to you (although Dave didn't), but you shouldn't respond by being nasty back. In this instance, you should have just said "Yes, I know what this means," and then explained it, instead of trying to provoke an argument...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-04-2002, 06:57 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
1. Dave didn't say anything mean, he just enquired as to whether or not you knew what the word meant.

2. I didn't say to ignore people if they say something nasty to you (although Dave didn't), but you shouldn't respond by being nasty back. In this instance, you should have just said "Yes, I know what this means," and then explained it, instead of trying to provoke an argument...
Yeah and he was being nasty back to me. He had the rolling eyes icon. I don't think you get it.

[ February 04, 2002: Message edited by: PinkHaired Mudokon CWR ]

02-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Yeah and he was being nasty back to me. He had the rolling eyes icon. I don't think you get it.
*sigh* Pinky, I get it, there was just no need to be provocative. Now can we drop it, now? You're giving me a bad reputation for being argumentative...

02-04-2002, 07:11 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
:
*sigh* Pinky, I get it, there was just no need to be provocative. Now can we drop it, now? You're giving me a bad reputation for being argumentative...
*rolls eyes* Your getting your self a bad reputation. Your saying provocative because I said it to you. I don't care, I don't want to argue with you.

02-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Good.

02-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Well, I like Rancid al lot. Has anyone ever heard of them?. The make a lot of cds with 20 plus tracks on 'em. Anthrax and Megadeth are on my top ten list, with Iced Earth and Primus. Prong was good until nobody supported them. I think Les Claypool is the bass god, and his cd's with Primus are great! Soundgarden is good, way better than nirvana, the group everyone says is dope just so they appear in.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

02-05-2002, 12:59 AM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Nov 2001
: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern:
surfacing, i mean it was a stupid bet to make on his part.
especially to bet so much money...you could EASILY 'rig' the results.

How the hell could i have "rig" the bet? this was a purly leget bet.
02-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

well, if your were er, 'friends' with several members, you could simply ask them to say they like rock..it wouldn't be hard at all.
and dude, what the hell is up with you and getting so butthurt over everything i say?

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

02-05-2002, 06:21 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM:
Well, I like Rancid al lot. Has anyone ever heard of them?
WAHHHH!!! A Rancid fan! And I thought Dave and I were the only ones! All hail Tim Armstrong! Do you have Album 5? If not, I suggest you snag a copy, RIGHT NOW!!!
It has punk energy not scene since Never Mind the Bollucks (Sex Pistols), plus it comes with a free poster! Yeah!
02-05-2002, 10:43 PM
Surfacing
Clakker Relic Miner

: Oz
: 887
Surfacing  (10)

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern:
well, if your were er, 'friends' with several members, you could simply ask them to say they like rock..it wouldn't be hard at all.
and dude, what the hell is up with you and getting so butthurt over everything i say?
I'm not getting "butthurt" i just wanted to know how u thought i coulda of riged it, which i did'nt i would'nt sink that low to win a bet.
02-06-2002, 10:12 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Rock/Heavy Metal/Hard Rock/Alternative all the way!

I really don't get into rap/hip-hop/dance music at all... it just doesn't appeal to me. To me it sounds repetitive (don't take offense rap fans, it's just my own personal opinion, if you like it then cool).

I don't mind some Final Fantasy remixes though (techno, but as long as they are not too remixed... i.e. I can still tell it's a FF song), and the only dance/rap(ish) song I really like is Get Freaky because it is an Oddworld song.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

02-07-2002, 06:02 AM
Landale
Stunk

: Feb 2002
: Illinois, USA
: 37
Landale  (10)

Wow, seems I may be in the VAST minority here. But I'm not a fan of really any of thise kind of "rock" not really of rock at all. And before you go on, NO i'm not a 16 year old girl. I'm all about the Dance and faster stuff. Some pop stuff is nice, but it's the remixes I'm a fan of. As for top three favs.. have to say Madonna #1 by far, followed by Tori Amos and Erasure.

02-07-2002, 06:29 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

Tori Amos is great! I admit I have only heard two songs by her, and they were both covers, but still...

Have you heard her cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana? If you haven't you should all download it and listen to it. You'll be amazed...

02-07-2002, 07:39 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

Tori amos singing the lyrics that a certain Kurt cobain growled out. now if that isn't the most wakked things I've ever heard of!

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

02-07-2002, 08:02 PM
Landale
Stunk

: Illinois, USA
: 37
Landale  (10)

*nods* Of course I have head it! I own it *heh* Tori is great, and her covers are amazing, she'll take a song, and even though the lyrics are different, the messasage that comes across is very differnt. Listen to her cover of Somewhere Over the Rainbow- she made it kinda sad But she's got some very good orginal stuff too. Her newest album "Strang Little Girls" is an entire album of her putting her spin on songs sung by men, but she's a women.
one to be noted is her cover of Eminem's song Bonny and Clyde '97....

02-08-2002, 03:03 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

I'd have to say rock is better but I like rap in some movies like 'Blue Streak.' I like some German techno its cool.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

02-15-2002, 01:11 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)
Native *ash is being played a lot at home*

Rock is better(Ash etc),but I like Rap too ,depending what rapper it is. There a Star by Ash is being played soooooooo much at home. There are certain things that won't be heard on my stero though.........(Hint: It's Britney Spears etc....)

"Won't somebody testify, kick a hole right in the sky..
Testify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Slap a liar in his eye, kick a hole right in the sky
Tesify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Johnny, Johnny Johnny..."
~ RHCP, Johnny kick a hole in the sky

Last edited by MunchOnThis; 02-15-2002 at 06:30 AM..
02-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Hm... don't mind most things, although rap tends to bore me. I like things that are more bouncy and happy and clubby (just not things like Br*tney Sp*ars), or like the Prodigy and suchlike. Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" is the one current getting played a lot at home... Or like Barthez's (whose name I can never spell) "On the Move". I like other stuff, though, like rock and stuff... I even quite enjoy (dare I admit it?) some Abba-type stuff as well - and not just because it's 'fashionable' to like them...

Narf. Oh well, that's me done. Next!