Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

12-12-2001, 01:17 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
How many of guys and gals think Munch's Exoddus will come out next year?

I think Munch Exoddus has a chance of coming out next year. Think about it Oddworld has already established it self for X-Box. So I don't think it is going to take much time to make anouther oddworld game. It might be sooner then we think. They have all the necessary information and teachnology to do so. Oddworld just established everything it needs to acomplish the task in finishing the quintology. I think the rest of the games will be on X-Box so now it is going to be easier to make the rest of the games of the quintology. The reason why it took so long is because of the fact that they were moving to entirly different soft ware. So now we have the software to completly finish the quintology. So hope for the best for anouther game in a year or so I hope!

12-12-2001, 01:43 PM
moodokon man
Howler Punk

: Apr 2001
: South Africa
: 302
moodokon man  (10)

Ya exept they must not rush it they must do a good job NOT rush it

12-12-2001, 01:51 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

They only rushed because of deadlines and time now they don't need to worry about that anymore. Unless they decide to change systems again. Odd I hope not!!!!!

12-12-2001, 04:49 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

: Mesa, Arizona
: 306
Eibu  (10)

I've thought this from the beggining...

I said we could expect another Oddworld game by the end of next year and everybody rebuttled that idea. But they already have a base in 3-D. And with nearly a year of work based on new ideas and criticism from the fans I'm sure Inhabitants could put out a very quality game by the same time next year or the beggining of 2003.

C'mon X-Mas!!!! Must...play...Oddysee...

12-12-2001, 06:26 PM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)

They probably will have a ME because look at AO ; when you finished playing it you thought it was all over ;BUT no; as soon as I got the game (I didn't get it when it first came out)I saw AE in a VG store!!!It's wierd how OWI think up totally different things in such an short amoumt of time!!

PS: AND I'M NO GIRL OF WHAT YOU CALL a "GAL" i'm a guy

[ December 12, 2001: Message edited by: Mudokon101 ]

12-12-2001, 07:13 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe:
I think Munch Exoddus has a chance of coming out next year1. Think about it Oddworld has already established it self for X-Box. So I don't think it is going to take much time to make anouther oddworld game2. It might be sooner then we think. They have all the necessary information and teachnology to do so3. Oddworld just established everything it needs to acomplish the task in finishing the quintology3.5.

The reason why it took so long is because of the fact that they were moving to entirly different soft ware4.
1. I don't, Hand of Odd has been announced as being the next game they release, as far as I know.
2. In terms of technology, yes. In terms of gameplay and new ideas, not confirmed.
3. Actually, since the core of MO is based on PS2 archetecture, it would be nice if they did a few weeks work on it.
3.5. In terms of tech, they have the foundations. But the ideas aren't fully developed.
4. The term is hardware.

:
Originally posted by Eibu:
I'm sure Inhabitants could put out a very quality game by the same time next year or the beggining of 2003.
Probably
*prays to Odd*

:
Originally posted by Mudokon101:
They probably will have a ME because...
...they said they would.
12-12-2001, 11:19 PM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

: Dec 2001
: Yonkers, NY.
: 261
Wise Abe  (10)

I don't care if the next game came out in 2005, I just want them to take their time and take full advantage of the Xbox hardware, which can do pretty amazing things .
12-13-2001, 10:58 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

yep your right!

12-13-2001, 06:28 PM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

Wise Abe  (10)

What's with the sarcastic face? Hey, if you want ME next year being rushed, then go ahead, but I'd rather wait to get the full thing.

BTW, if the sarcastic face was for when I said the Xbox can do amazing things, then here: .
12-14-2001, 11:12 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I just put that face because it looks cool ok. a little decoration comes a long way. no need to get all worked up about it. I agree with ya.

12-14-2001, 05:16 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

Eibu  (10)

:
Originally posted by Wise Abe:
I don't care if the next game came out in 2005, I just want them to take their time and take full advantage of the Xbox hardware, which can do pretty amazing things .
THe ironic thing about that is that's the year that the *sigh* Playstation 3 *moan* is projected to come out.

THIS IS GETTING REGODDAMNDICULOUS! I think all the major Console manufacturers need to come together and sign a treaty or something saying they won't make any new hardware for a set amount of years for the gameplayers' sake...

12-14-2001, 06:02 PM
•[cyrus]•
Clakker Store Clerk

: Massachusetts
: 781
•[cyrus]•  (10)

Wonder if they are going to make an XBOX 2

12-14-2001, 06:13 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

No way, Munch's Exoddus will take a while to get finished if Oddworld wants to make it a good game
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

12-14-2001, 06:15 PM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

Wise Abe  (10)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe:
I just put that face because it looks cool ok. a little decoration comes a long way. no need to get all worked up about it. I agree with ya.
No problem . Usually when people use that face I get a notion they're like "yeah, whatever, lol."
12-14-2001, 06:16 PM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

Wise Abe  (10)

:
THe ironic thing about that is that's the year that the *sigh* Playstation 3 *moan* is projected to come out.

THIS IS GETTING REGODDAMNDICULOUS! I think all the major Console manufacturers need to come together and sign a treaty or something saying they won't make any new hardware for a set amount of years for the gameplayers' sake...
The PlayStation 2 came out in 2000, so five years would be just right for them to make another system. Besides, 2005 is not for a long time .
12-14-2001, 06:17 PM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

Wise Abe  (10)

:
Originally posted by Mudokon101:
Wonder if they are going to make an XBOX 2
I'm sure Microsoft will develop a new console in the future, but it probably won't be called Xbox 2, lol .
12-15-2001, 12:49 AM
Frollo
Zappfly

: 2
Frollo  (10)

Microsoft IS creating a new console already. It's like "Home" or something weird. But it's a home entertainment center. Like a beefed up Xbox/TV-Set box. Can't remember the specific code name they used for it.
12-15-2001, 02:21 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

You know I think manufacturers should stop making more and more game systems. It is comming to a point where they seem to be the same. In my opinion I think X-Box is just as good as PlayStation 2 or Game Cube. They have similar graphics to them. I think manufactures went a little bit over board in making new systems. I don't think we will see a new system for a while yet. When Nintendo and Super Nintendo and Sega Genisis came out back in the dark ages there wasen't an untire blow out on new systems until now. I think we are hooked for anouther decade or so.

12-15-2001, 02:00 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

Eibu  (10)

Unfortunately I don't think we are...until we hit some technological wall, which instead we are at a techno highway right now, there is no stopping it...

Plus from what I heard
PS3 projected for 2006
X-Box 2 projected for 2008

12-15-2001, 06:43 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Oh man! Am I gonna have to by ANOTHER xbox system to play more oddworld?
12-15-2001, 09:27 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I hope we don't have to do that. But I have this feeling we are going to have to buy anouther system. D... that sucks!

12-16-2001, 12:48 AM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

Wise Abe  (10)

:
Originally posted by Frollo:
Microsoft IS creating a new console already. It's like "Home" or something weird. But it's a home entertainment center. Like a beefed up Xbox/TV-Set box. Can't remember the specific code name they used for it.
Can you give me a link to a site confirming this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to see it for myself .
12-16-2001, 12:51 AM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

Wise Abe  (10)

:
PS3 projected for 2006
X-Box 2 projected for 2008
The next Sony system would be about 2005-2006 like you said, but I don't know about Microsoft's new system coming in 2008. That means they'll support Xbox for like 6-7 years, which is too much, IMO. I say the next Microsoft system will come a year later than the next Sony system, or heck, maybe even the same time as the next Sony system.
12-16-2001, 12:29 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Wise Abe:
That means they'll support Xbox for like 6-7 years, which is too much, IMO.
No, it isn't. I say milk the Xbox for all it's worth! I don't want to have to buy another system in a few years just becuase it is slightly better than my Xbox. I want the Xbox to last.
12-18-2001, 10:20 PM
Molluck2000
Fuzzle

: Oct 2001
: the realms of the unknown
: 113
Molluck2000  (10)

it probably will becouse most of the games are nearly finished! but unno how abes exoddus came out two years after well it could be the same in this case!
Chaos, panic, disorder - my work here is done.
FEAR.....MOLLUCK2000 IS NEAR!