Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

12-30-2001, 12:26 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Going back to Rupture Farms and being surprized!

I think if we go back to Rupture Farms in future installments, I bet we are going to find something about Sam there. If you saved all 99 Mudokins from Rupture Farms you get an extra movie with a shrienk making fun out of Abe. Well I guess that if we go back Abe might have to find a Shrienk and ask it where are they keeping Sam. Or maybe Sam is being held in Rupture Farms. I don't know if this is true but I think Abe was born in Rupture Farms. Maybe Rupture Farms is the main facility of Mudos and not the Feco Depot and all Facilities were dependant on Rupture Farms. Thats why all glukkens were nervous about Molluck coming back. Plus when I look at Sams picture, in the background something reminds me of Rupture Farms. The place where Sam is held looks similar in different ways. I think there is more to Rupture Farms than just what we know of as of now. I don't think it's just a meat processing plant it has to be something bigger. Lastly to me it seems like Rupture Farms so far has been the most dyabolical place I have visited. Even more than Saul Storm Brewery or Vykkers Labs. I just think Rupture Farms has been the most darkest and most evil place so far. What do you think?

12-30-2001, 12:58 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

God you have such great ideas, I too beleive Sam is in RuptureFarms, because Originally we were sopposed to return there in MO. And they cut those two things out of the game but I beleive they will make a return very soon....

Note Come check out my Forum Molluck Dead Or Alive? If you haven't. and thanks for the PM. Bows Down. I admire you. You are a true Oddworld Fan!!!
12-30-2001, 01:57 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

: Mesa, Arizona
: 306
Eibu  (10)

I've noticed I'm always the "party pooper" of these topics but here I go again (sorry if my opinions bug you guys):

I think there is way to much read into the story. Something more diabolical? I think they will just think of a new place to stick Sam, like the largest daycare in the universe or some sort of Vykker hospital or something. Going back to places like Rupture Farms having hidden underground breeding centers seems a little to "messy" and plus I think Oddworld doesn't have this kind of "comic book plotline/mystique".

It may seem like I bash the plots of Oddworld when in fact the FMV's and story are my favorite parts! From a storyteller's point of view, I think Lanning-san has a very good idea of what direction the plots are going and ideas for people and places but he doesn't have everything mapped out and pretty much makes it up as they go along (understatement, yes).

Well that's my two moolah
peace

12-30-2001, 02:00 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Thats fine everyone has their opinion as I have mine, though Paramite Abe has some very intersting ideas, I think the suprise might also be about Molluck still being alive. and thats my two Moolah.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Al the vykker ]

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Al the vykker ]
12-30-2001, 04:44 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

I agree with what Eibu's saying, for the most part, as I doubt that the mother of all of Mudos's slaves would be kept in a Meat Processing Plant. What would be the point in keeping her there?

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

12-31-2001, 10:19 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Lastly I don't think Rupture Farms is really in ruins because the place wasent destroyed at all. It was just shut down. If I remember correctly the place never blew up like Saul Storm Brewery did in Abes Exoddus. Rupture Farms was just zaped by that large lightening bolt created by the Modokins chanting. I think there something new there. Plus throughout Abes Exoddus there are some hints of Rupture Farms returning. Like the Mudokin pop sine saying temporally dealyed or something like that.