Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

12-29-2001, 11:52 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
question about the Almighty Raison sequence in the first movie of M.O?

I was just woundering did OWI took stuff out of the first movie in the game? Because after Munch gets taken by the Vykers it desolves to the Raison with Abe saying Then what happen? I think that is out of sequence. We should have seen Abe and his fellow Muds traveling to the cave and then the Raison beginning the story about Munch then desolving to when we see Munch for the first time. That would of made more sense to me. Does anybody know anything about that?

12-30-2001, 02:03 PM
Eibu
Howler Punk

: Mesa, Arizona
: 306
Eibu  (10)

Actually I thought that plot-device worked rather well, we start this NEW ODDYSEE with it's TITLE character and his sad story which adds to the emotional connection with Munch and the audience/player (my mom felt bad for Munch) and then we dissolve to our ole' familiar friends the Muds who we find out are being told the same story we've been told thus jumpstarting us into Abe's involvement.

*kiss* Perfect!

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Eibu ]

12-30-2001, 02:09 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I too agree I liked it rather much clever use awesome CG. As I have said time and time again everyone has a different opinion thats what makes this world dangerrous and safe.
12-30-2001, 06:49 PM
The Magog On The March
Thudslug

: Dec 2001
: Austin, TX
: 171
The Magog On The March  (10)

Yeah, I agree with the 2 above guys. I thought it was a great scene transition, plus it started it off pretty Oddworld-y. Plus I think the whole thing is kinda gyped (You wind up playing as Abe a LOT more then Munch.. I thought it was called Munch's Oddysee?)So I'm glad it started with Munch. Abe's already had too much of the lime-light
Max:Facilities be damned! I need a restroom!
"A) The below statement is FALSE
B) The above statement is TRUE"

12-31-2001, 08:11 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

When Abe says "then what happened", this was because Raisin was actually telling Abe that story. But instead of us listening to Raisin tell it, we got to see it in Munch's eyes.

I think the opening FMV is very beautiful, but also very emotional and sad (Munch's story) and funny (Raisin falling asleep while telling Abe what he has to do).

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

12-31-2001, 10:00 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Yea I think you guys are right, now that you explan it. It was pretty clever how they did that. The CG was also very spectacular. and it was pretty emotional with Munch.