08-11-2001, 09:46 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)
Rising Waters

(OOC: This is right after the dinner in 'Homecoming')

Hunter sighed. It had been such an eventful and strange night that he knew he wouldn't be able to sleep even if he tried. If his senses were correct (and they almost always were) there should be a small lake just outside the village. There, he could collect his thoughts and quietly watch the moon reflect on the water.

Hunter made his way east, and sure enough, a beautiful lake came into view through the great pine trees. The cry of a water bird could be heard from somewhere in the distance but that was all. Hunter quietly walked to the edge of the lake and sat down on the sandy soil, gazing into the water.

"What's going on? I suddenly have this great sense of impending danger upon us....but I don't know why," he muttered to himself, sitting on his haunches and crossing his arms. Suddenly a sound like something small moving on the water was heard and a ripple accompainied it. Hunter ignored it at first, but it became more frequent and louder.

"Wha-?! Who's there?!" he demanded, getting down on all fours, and snarling. Suddenly the water literally erupted and out of it came the form of a dragon with glowing silver eyes. The form enormous and made entirely of water.

"Ally of my kin, thou art correct in thy prediction," the form said in a female voice that was as clear as the lake water.

"Who...who are you?" Hunter stammered, falling backwards.

"That is not important now, thou shalt know who I am in the future...all thee must know is that I am a dragon goddess," the form explained. "I came to warn thee, noble ally, that thee and thy fellow townsfolk are in immense peril. A god of destruction hast arisen and wishes to destroy the village and then thy planet. Thou art brave, strong and wise, great ally, and together with my kin thou hast met as well as the other selected few, thou shalt triumph if thou heart art in the right place. If thee and thy allies become corrupted, Oddworld be doomed to fall." the goddess said, her voice ringing loudly in Hunter's ears. He was panting heavily...he had never seen or heard anything so breath-taking before.

"Remember, thou must remain strong, bold heart. We shall meet again," the goddess said before she melted back into the water, leaving hardly a ripple. All went quiet again and the bird was still singing as if nothing had happened. Hunter took a quick glance over his shoulder, then bent down to examine the water. A split second later, he turned around and was running as fast as his four legs could carry him back to Pyke.