08-14-2001, 09:03 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)
NPCs

Just to clarify, an NPC [Non-Player Character] is a character that can be controlled by any player, not to be confused with SCs [Supporting Characters] which can only be controlled by players other than their creator to the same extent as a normal character. Pretty much all of the NPCs will be villagers in Pyke. Although anyone can have full control over NPCs, their creator [e.g. Dakkan for Jagger, Me for Olm] has a sort of power of veto: if they think that the NPC has done something out-of character. To help prevent that from happening, players are asked to write something about the NPCs they create, or at least to ask people not to use them too much, until the creating player has decided to reveal a secret. Oh, I'll just do it and show you how it's done!

Name: Olm
Species: Mudokon [oh yeah, try not to use any new species as NPCs, since people won't really know what to do with them]
Residence: Pyke
Job: Surgeon/GP
Notes: As near a thing as you'll get in Pyke to a Magogophile, while Olm hates the Cartel as much as the next mudokon, he is very keen on technology, and has contacts in the big cities, who keep him up to date with the latest technologies, particularly medical ones. Unknown to everyone else in the village, much of the medicine he uses is actually stolen for him by his contacts in the Vykkers' Labs. He likes this fact to remain a secret, as some of the hardened Magogophobes [such as Arim, below] would actually refuse treatment if they found out.

Name: Arim
Species: Mudokon
Residence: Pyke
Job: Restauranteur
Notes: Hates the Cartel and anything to do with it with all his heart. He is extremely Xenophobic towards Sligs, and even dislikes Mudokons who have been in the cities for too long [i.e. slaves]. This is partly his natural personality, but mainly because when he was very young, he had to watch his [adopted] brother being tortured to death be Slig invaders. Since then he has had a passionate hatred for all things Magog.

Okay, Dakkan, could you add Cho'yo and Jagger, please? And anyone else who thinks of one, add it, please...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

08-14-2001, 09:49 PM
Ronixis
Stingbee

: Aug 2001
: Oddworld, New Jersey
: 75
Ronixis  (10)

Name: Dagg'ar

Residence: A small, Scrabanian village where the residents do not fear Scrabs.

Job: Paints warnings to travelers on the many crags and cliffs

Notes: Dagg'ar is a reckless individual who cares about following any and all rules. Glukkons and Sligs are distant to him, as he has never been troubled by them. He travels a lot, but always returns to his hut in the end.

Name: Mostul

Residence: A small, Scrabanian village where the residents do not fear Scrabs.

Job: Repairs huts and bridges.

Notes: Mostul is a cynical individual, and one who doesn't care very much regarding making a name for himself. He is not a very shadowy character, but dislikes drawing attention to himself.

Now you understand two of my characters, so please post some stuff in my thread, entitled "The Illegal Escape."

08-14-2001, 10:36 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

yeah, actually, do you think you could keep you add-on to just the one post, please? i'm not being uptight, but i like to keep the general RPG space for the main RPG, with add-ons occupying only one thread each, if you don't mind... [i hate myself when i'm like this, but i can't help it] okay?

08-15-2001, 04:07 PM
Ronixis
Stingbee

: Aug 2001
: Oddworld, New Jersey
: 75
Ronixis  (10)

Yeah, sure why not? But c'mon, since you're the mod, and you're trying to promote the add-ons, set an example by posting an add-on in my thread, pleeeeeeze?

08-15-2001, 05:45 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

i would, but i'm having a hard enough time trying to think of a way to introduce my character in the main RPD as it is - i'm suffering severe writer's block at the moment...