05-16-2001, 06:06 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)
Freaky`s dictionary

Ok perhaps this doesn´t belong here but in future I´ll ask my questions about english words here. I hope you´ll help me.
Thankz

05-16-2001, 06:20 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Freaky this topic is for help with the Oddworld games, not your knowledge of the English language.

I don't think a topic about words you don't understand is appropriate anywhere except the Off Topic section.
05-16-2001, 07:42 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

Ok i´m angry today but I just wanna say something to you Pacen.
SOMETIMES YOU REALLY PISSES ME ON!!! OK, perhaps I make thinks that I shouldn´t do. But you have always to come with your advices ! I´m angry
Last time every thing or everybody makes me angry ARG! I hate this! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
Why shouldn´t I make such a topic. I know that this is for Oddworld help. ARG!
But If you don´t like that than delete this topic you administrator! How would you feel if you won´t understand anything?? But speak englisch since your first day! I don´t! And If you only habe this .. bad teachers which don´t teach you anything and than have to understand adn speak this language. It isn´t that easy like you think!!!!

Why has everybody to be nasty to me

[ May 16, 2001: Message edited by: freakyLA ]

05-16-2001, 09:39 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

I'm sorry if my post upset you Freaky, that was not my intention. I was merely trying to help you understand the structure of this board:

Posts that have no relation to Oddworld go in Off Topic.
Posts for help in the Oddworld games go in Oddworld Help.

"Why shouldn´t I make such a topic. I know that this is for Oddworld help." That is the exact reason why you shouldn't make posts like this here, but rather in Off Topic.

I know learning a new language can be difficult and you have my sympathy. I was not suggesting that you should not have posted this, I actually think it's a good idea because you often seem to ask what certain words mean. However, a more reliable and accurate source of information regarding the meaning of words can be found at http://www.dictionary.com

And why do you say people giving you advice makes you angry? I was really only trying to help. And if I was an Administrator, which you seem to think I am but I am not, I wouldn't have deleted this topic but perhaps moved it to the Off-Topic forum. I don't see why that should offend you.

Please accept my apology.
05-16-2001, 10:46 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

yeah ok I see this. Thanks for the url. But I alreaddy know it. It wil be helpfull for me

05-16-2001, 03:41 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Admins:
Abe Babe
Sydney

Moderators:
Grid
Elum

Okay?
- DH

05-16-2001, 05:54 PM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Hello, folks, and hello, Freaky! I can understand your worries about the English language, since I'm Brazilian(we speak portuguese here), and sometimes there is this tricky word I can't figure out what does it mean.

In these forums there is sort of a deal that the official language is the English, because most of the users have English as their first language, and because English is the mos popular language throughout the Web.

I'm going to move this topic to the Off-Topic Discussion forum. I hope more poeple read this topic, and can help you with useful links to translator and dictionary sites, as Pacen did ( I also know the dictionary.com, it's a very powerful site).