Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

12-28-2009, 11:39 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)
Native Short Stories - A thought index of thrillers

I'm not sure if I'll continue my work unless I get very good views but I'm now in the mood to right a short story in parts.

Untitled Thoughts

The wind lashed at the young mans legs as he made his way through the graveyard, it was dark, and biting cold, and raining, there where large oaks that gave the wind a howling voice, the bows clenched otgether and moved like dancers, scraping and scratching at the air, the boy was clad simply in a thin hoody, a t-shirt and shorts, he had't expected such harsh weather and it really hadn't been awful until a few minutes again, he got a buzz in his pocket and he flipped his phone out, 1 New Text Message Recieved, he held his breath for just a milisecond, it was a girl in his class, he was on his way to a party, everyone was going, everyone, the text message was short but it punched the boy in the face.
It simply read - "Ha Ha fooled U, lots of Love, Class 45TH...you twat".
The boy had never been popular, ever and he really thought that he might been finally accepted, he was shy and at first had declined thinking the idea that it was in fact a hoax but, when five other people confirmed the girls story, he accepted still with a degree of reluctance.

He was at least thirteen miles from home and he could barely see, let alone make his way back, he had got directions but he couldn't make them out any more, apparently it was a tiny village, he didn't know it, there where no lights anywhere. Perhaps there was light inside the parish church he was stood outside.

He entered grim faced and down trodden. It was dark inside, a small church, lit only by a few candles, there was a man at the front kneeling, completley still, at first the boy thought he was a statue of a praying man, but he wasn't, he was alive. He looked up at the big glass window, there was a man on the window smighting a massive beast, it was quite scary, the beast appeared to be eating little bald lambs, at least that's what they looked like, he wandered forward to the man to ask the way back.

"Are you here to pray boy? I want concentration so be quiet, boy of 45TH".