Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

12-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Mac Sirloin
Less worse

: Aug 2006
: Exquisite Squalor
: 5,657
Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)Mac Sirloin  (7645)
Rocket Joe Lumbermouth: Boy Scout in the air.

Rocket Joe Lumbermouth was shooting through the sky as urgently as he could. He was sure he'd seen a cat in a tree in Wisconsin. It's not like Wisconsin was even that big. Montana, that was big he thought. He cruised low, eyes locked on every tree he could see. "I'm close." He said.

Then he ran into a train.

The train didn't care; it had hit more important people. Rocket Joe cared though, having your head lodged in hard steel didn't help you find a cat. It did the opposite. Flailing like someone who was making a substantial effort to look like they were doing something very necessary. His hand glanced a switch on the Rocket that also was lodged in the train. The Rocket started attempting to move very fast. It succeeded.

Rocket Joe felt the train swing around beneath him. With e mighty jerk, he wrenched his head free just in time to notice he was trailing several thousand tons of steel in the sky.

"Oh my." He muttered. The train spiraled through the air, Miles above a beautiful forest. The train shifted, rocket bearing down at the ground, and dragging Rocket Joe along with it. His radio crackled. "Hey Lumbermouth." It blurted.
"There's a thing here. A big thing. Metal thing. You need to see it, it's super awesome."
"MAC!" Joe shrieked into his two way lifeline.
"AND ME!" It responded.
"I need help. I'm...in the air with a train."
"That's fucking awesome. Oh wait, is it red?"
Joe ducked just in time for the ground to miss him. The Train tore the ground beneath him apart.
"YES!" He yelled above the cacophony.
"Okay. I need you to OH SHIT."
The train jerked to a stop, except for one car which wanted to fly some more. But nobody liked that one. It dreamed too big.
Joe felt himself thrown around a bit, clutching the handle of his Rocket, a shadow moved through the sky above him. He decided it was time to pretend trains didn;t exist.
A dull rhythmic thumping approached the now still Rocket Joe. His rocket no longer rocketing. It was sitting more like a rock.
Two gloved hands pulled him up, unsuccessfully trying to lean him against a tree.
"Check these out, Jackie." Said a voice.
"Hrrrrrm." Responded a deeper, muffled voice.
Rocket Joe felt a stretcher slide beneath him. He opened his eyes to see two pairs looking back. One wide open, the other luminescent. From the direction of the wide open, a voice said "You hit a spaceship." The bright, unblinking pair nodded. Jackie fell unconscious.

So yeah. The second little shit of a story today, I like the other one better. Tell me what you think. Please.

Last edited by Mac Sirloin; 12-19-2009 at 12:46 PM..
12-20-2009, 07:14 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

"I need help. I'm...in the air with a train."
"That's fucking awesome. Oh wait, is it red?"

that was the funniest quote in there, i think. i fucking laughed.

and yeah, i would continue reading this; i like the humour.