10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
stonetooth
Boombat

: Dec 2008
: Texas
: 238
stonetooth  (54)
The Exploits of Jonathan Morrows

So yeah, one of my first non-oddworld related fictions. This was inspired by games like Fallout 3, the soon-to-release Borderlands, and other games in the Post-Apocalyptic genre.

(Intro) The year is 2057, and the world has fallen into ruin. After years of war, cutting down wide ranges of forests, and using up a large margin of the world's natural resource, the earth, and it's people, couldn't take it anymore. Dozens of countries, ranging from small places in Africa to the majority of Asia, were wiped clean of life by the bombs. A good amount of the United States weren't badly harmed, but the chaos and anarchy that followed made the remaining Americans feel that they would've gladly been blown up instead of living with this bull shit going on. Many riots occurred in what was left of America, including the burning down of buildings, merciless thugs praying on the weak and robbing stores, and some rioters carrying guns, and streets turned into war-zones, where what was left of any local police force or some sort of law bringers fought with chaotic raiders, rebels, and zealots that told of the ending of the world. Although the government should be coming to help it's faithful citizens, they hold up in D.C., guarding the borders of their "territory". This story tells of the lives of one of the many who lived during this catastrophic event and was able to tell about it.

Chapter One: Dry blood on the Sand
I've been walking through this shit hole desert that used to be called Las Vegas for months now, not a working car in sight, or at the least, one that wasn't filled with raiders and chasing after me. Where was I headed, you ask? I was heading to New York, where it's apparently much safer than everywhere else. I took a drag on my cigarette and continue to walk down the road, holding my shotgun by the barrel in my other hand, my switchblade in my pocket. I heard distant shouts and the occasional honk, until finally I wanted to know what the fuck was going on and shielded me eyes from the revengeful sun as I looked out into the vast sea of sand. I saw a black jeep not far from my position, heading toward me at probably eighty miles per hour. I stood on the side of the remaining road and threw my cigarette on the ground, and had my shotgun at the ready. This could get messy. The jeep slowed to a stop before me, and a man, probably no older than twenty stuck his head out of the window and asked me in a rough voice, "Where you headed?"
I looked at him and said, "New York. Why's it matter?"
"Well, me and my boys here can get you a ride there, if your willing to chill with the trunk open." he said and pointed towards the back of the car. "You'll have to guard our equipment though, and don't think about stealing any shit or one of these guys'll blow your nuts off." Two similar looking men, most likely twins, looked out of the back window and nodded.
I spit on the ground and looked back up and said, "Why the fuck should I trust you? For all I know your going to steal MY shit and throw my ass to the side of the road, or just kill me once I hop in."
"Well, if I wanted you dead, you'd have a bullet between your eyes and you'd be dead on the ground already." he said with a wolfish smirk.
"Alright alright, I'll get in, but if you try any shit i'll empty a few shells in these two fuck heads." I said as I headed to the trunk of the car. At this point, I had one of those gut feelings, you know? When you think you should do something, even though you'll most likely look like a dumb ass, but it'll save your ass. So I ducked, and, just as my gut told me would happen, a bullet flew above my head.
"Fuck! Get out, guys! Some bandits are on us!" They quickly pushed open there doors and started pulling out weapons, ranging from duel pistols to a Assault Rifle. Two men stepped from behind a rock, one heaving a minigun and pointing it in my direction. I rolled behind the car, but one of the twins wasn't as lucky as I. Just as he got out and was about to move away from the gunfire dozens of rounds of bullets were let loose into him, tearing open his stomach as he fell to the floor. I jumped out from my cover and aimed my shotgun at the man with the minigun's head, and shot off a round, which flew straight through the air and went through his head, which painted the road red with blood. the other stopped firing frenzied shots from his hunting rifle and took a good shot at the remaining twin's chest, but it was a decent amount off target and lodged itself inside of his shoulder, then he fell back and leaned against the truck. The driver unloaded clip after clip of ammo from his assault rifle into the enemy, felling him. He lent down besides his follower and took a look at the damage. "Shit....Shit...Go get me one of the med-kits.." he said, not looking up.
I hefted my shotgun and said, "That's a no go on the kit." and before he could say his angry response, I shot him in the face. I dropped my shotgun to the ground and lifted up the crazed, screaming twin by the collar of his shirt and said, "Sucks that I couldn't learn your names before I jacked your shit." and pulled out my knife, shoving it into his gut, twisting it about, then throwing the man on the road with the others. I picked up my shotgun and left the knife in the twin, then kicked the trunk closed with my boot. As i walked over to the driver's seat, the slightly alive kid said, "I don'....Don't know who the fuck you are....But your gonna pay..."
I looked down at him and said two words. "Jonathan Morrows." Then drove off through the desert.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any comments, suggestions, ideas? Please feel free to do any of these...
"The judge knew that he was full of shit and gave him twenty five years and now his heart is filled with tears. That night it was getting late. He was butt-raped by a large inmate, and he screamed. but the guards payed no attention to his cries. that's when things got out of control. The moral of the date rape story: it does not pay to be drunk and horny." -Sublime, Date Rape

10-11-2009, 07:10 AM
stonetooth
Boombat

stonetooth  (54)

Note: I will post chapter two tomorrow. I'm writing this chapter down before uploading it.
"The judge knew that he was full of shit and gave him twenty five years and now his heart is filled with tears. That night it was getting late. He was butt-raped by a large inmate, and he screamed. but the guards payed no attention to his cries. that's when things got out of control. The moral of the date rape story: it does not pay to be drunk and horny." -Sublime, Date Rape

10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
stonetooth
Boombat

stonetooth  (54)

as usual, I barely ever keep my promises. But today, chapter two comes.

Chapter Two: Let the good times roll...
I've been driving on the main road in the general direction of New York, stopping on the rare occasion to loot some things from the random gas station or fast food joint. I haven't seen anything besides wandering animals sense my encounter with those goons that used to own this car, so the ride is going smooth. Well, shit, no more than a mile ahead of me I see a town, one that looks like it may have a dozen or so survivors there. I pull into town, which is really just ten or so ruined houses, a gas stop, and what looks like it used to (and still may be) a police office.
So I park and lock my car, and head to the nearest gathering of dirt-covered people. As I walk up the people look somewhat startled by the appearance of another surviving human that isn't trying to kill them. They've set up a make shift bar area, basically a few tables and chairs. They are all decently armed, ranging from silenced pistols to combat shotguns. I pull up a seat and sit down and say a awkward, "Hey. Mind getting me a cold beer?"
I get a reply from a voice behind some sort of bar. "A COLD beer? I think not. Maybe one or two of them' fuckers here, and we sure as hell aren't giving one to some random drifter." the voice, which I identified as a man, said.
"Fair enough. Just gimme' a fucking beer then." I replied while I leaned back in my chair. "So, what the hell is this place?" I asked when the guy brought me my beer.
"No place special, probably used to be a pit stop. I'm surprised we haven't gotten over run yet." he said nonchalantly whilst he grabbed himself a mug.
"By what?" I questioned him.
"What tha' fuck do you think? Raiders, bandits, roving military bands claiming they are trying to impart civil law. A few of those fuckers came here awhile back, you can see their bodies by the gas station." He said after taking a gulp of beer.
"Well, any place I can rest for a night? Normally I don't fuck around with strangers, buy hey, if I can get a decent bed, might as fuckin' well, you know?" I said with a bit of laughter.
"Yeah, yeah sure. You can probably get a bed over in the Police Office." he said with a chuckle.
"You shitheads better not try to steal my stuff.." I said as I walked off. Not a bad place, I thought in my head while I wandered off to the Office....Not bad at all..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, this one was a bit or so shorter, not to big of a chapter.