Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

06-26-2009, 09:59 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)
Idea The Swarm

Ok so I saw alien last night which gave me the idea for a story: here goes ok

CHAPTER 1

The year is 2230 and space travel is so advanced that we can ride from planet to planet by star crafts, upon crashing un-categorized world Gamoch, the crew, consequently marines had to make do and survive as best they could, after 20 days the re-collector would come and bring them back, it wasn’t going to be that easy.

The marines stepped out of the ship dazed and battered and dazed, the ship was beyond repair but the thrusters were still burning so the power was still working, SGT Spits was badly injured but he managed to round up the troops before collapsing, there was about 100 survivors from a starting crew of 300, SGT Spits was taken to the apothecary who set to work on him immediately, it , no one knew why the craft had gone down, there wasn’t anything in the entire sector that could of taken them, no stars, no asteroids, no pulses, nothing, completely black.

The planet was strange, there was plant life jungle like and humid, there were a few mosquitoes and the odd howl of some creature but apart from that it was silent and quite lifeless, the one noticeable thing wads that it was covered in red vine like things that pulsated, a marine took a cautious whack at one with his chain blade but when it was cut it quickly re-grew and connected back together. The troops set up a makeshift camp from the vestiges of the ship and the large palm leaves though they quickly found that they were nasty stinging nettle like plants and they brought out terrible rashes.

After setting up commander Spits who was healing, got up and walked around the infirmary, a few of his comrades give him a wave or a croaky hi but most just lay there, eyes closed, unconscious or dead. In the corner right at the back was one soldier who had a few fingers gone and was bleeding quite heavily, he was wired to a blood giver but he didn’t look to good, he waved Spits over and smiled revealing a bloody mouth and a few less teeth, “SGT, I been here before I think, yeah its Gamoch were on, its crazy here, I went past twenty years back as an apprentice pilot, we only flew through the atmosphere so I could check on my gravity driving but we saw this creature below us, it was pretty awful and it had meat draping from its shoulders”! With that he fell back looking content at releasing his secret, Spits, nodded thinking that he was hallucinating but it did explain the noises; he left the man sleeping now and crouched out of the tent.

06-26-2009, 01:17 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Sounds quite good so far. I watched all the Alien films last week and I'm now going through the Predator films. It's great to get inspiration from unlikely places.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

06-27-2009, 02:03 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

yeh its good huh u should see predator 1 with arnie in it its pretty good