Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

04-24-2009, 05:39 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)
Oddworld Neso's Ego Trip

This is a semi-sequel to Imadaeth. There will be a bit of a recap later on, so you don't have to go back and read the original story if you don't want to. I'm quite pleased with the characters I've included in this story. I think overall this will be much better than my original Imadaeth fanfic. Enjoy!

= * = * =

Neso's Ego Trip

=Part 1=

My name is Neso. I am a normal mudokon by most standards. I can chant, I can possess things... you know, the usual stuff. My soul is whole and undamaged. My original body was in perfect condition, but is trapped behind a wall and frozen completely solid, probably forever. The body I'm currently using... well, sharing is that of Imadaeth, an escaped renegade Slig.

At first, I thought he'd try and drive me out or something... but in fact, I think he likes it. I'm sleeping now, but Imadaeth is keeping watch for me. We work like a tag-team now, we can switch in and out of conciousness whenever we like. It's quite funny... but I don't think any of my old mudokon friends would believe me if I told them.

Imadaeth was staring out into the night. A strange sense of wonder and curiosity coming over him. Why do I exist? Why was I created to be immortal? What... should I do with my life? He sighed and proceeded to look at the stars.

Meanwhile, a plan was underway. A plan by vicious delegates and pencil-pushing Vykkers. They were going to recoup their losses in the best way they could. They need to get Imadaeth's body back for tests and extermination. There was only one way they could fight back.

= = =

It was one week after the massive explosion in the warehouses, I was one of the Sligs that nearly got blown to bits. My left arm is totally gone, right down to the shoulder socket... it hurts like heck, hopefully I'll get a new arm sometime soon.

We're at the Vykkers now, we heard they were offering some prototype robotic arm implants. Here comes the head Vykker.

"Ah, well Mr.Sanrak, that new arm should do you nicely". We see an older Slig walking past us with a robotic arm, he nods and walks out the door, still trying to work out how to use the arm properly. One of the other Sligs mutters "Lucky scrabber". I look at the Vykker.

"Well, unfortunately we've run out of robotic limbs, but we can try a few other... methods...", at first every Slig in the room raised their eyebrows, but since we didn't really have any choice, we accepted and decided to take whatever they gave us. I walked in the door first, not knowing what would happen to me.

A few weeks pass, I wake up with a stiff neck and sore eyes. I have a flashback to what the Vykker was doing to me.

"Ah yes, another... subject... Let's see how he reacts to the new... 'implant'...", the Vykker leaves the room. My vision goes black as I recall another flashback, "Hmmm, a ferocious appetite there I see, well... there's plenty more Slurgs where that came from". I hear a nasty squelching sound and the sound of ripping flesh, it's hard to tell where the sound is coming from.

Back to the present, I open my eyes... the light is harsh so I can't really see much. I glance to my right side... I see my remaining good arm. I flex my muscles and move my fingers, full control. I sigh and put my head back on the table. Suddenly I feel a cold chill as I hear that sick liquid noise by my side again. I close my eyes and hope it goes away, I feel a strange tingling on the left side of my chest, at first I ignore it... but it feels like something is rubbing my chest. At least I can't stand it any longer and open my eyes.

Opening my eyes... was a big mistake.

= * = * =

I'll give you a clue, he doesn't wake up with a robotic arm

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 04-24-2009 at 05:44 AM..
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

And more of Imadaeth. How Sanrak will fit in the pisture, I'll have to wait and see.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Sanrak was more of a cameo role, but he does play a bigger part in the new "Tentacle" story that I'm working on. Imadaeth will begin to have a new outlook on life too...
The Slig with the arm implant is in for the biggest shock of his life
Glad you like it so far!

Heres the next bit!

= * = * =

At first I think I'm dreaming, or else having a horrible nightmare. I then realise, that this is real. I looked at the purple tentacle that was oozing across my chest. I shudder at the sight of it. I look over my chest to see if there is any kind of lifeform lying near me, but I don't see anything. The oozing mass slides sickly over my chest, as if it was licking my torso and tasting my body.

At first, I thought this was some kind of sick Vykker torture... but then I remembered something the Vykker had said about an implant, "No... No...", I mutter to myself. Slowly, I turn my head towards my left side, and I feel a fresh wave of revulsion wash over me. I almost lose my composure over the sight I see before me, it threw my world upside down and left me screaming for a whole minute.

What I see, instead of a creature, instead of some kind of sick Vykker creature... is... well, I guess calling it 'a replacement arm' might be an understatement.

This replacement arm isn't metal, not wood either. This replacement arm was entirely organic. You wake up and your arm was replaced with a gigantic purple tentacle? Well, it just doesn't happen does it?

I then realised, I was in total control of where the tentacle was moving. I could move it in directions, I could even get it to loop around itself like some kind of snake. It wasn't quite like a thin Oktopi tentacle, it was like a V shape... with the larger part being attached to my arm. The smaller part was where my fingers would be, if I had them. I realise that the thing making the sick noises and liquidy sounds... was this thing. I look at it more closely. Around the tip of the tentacle, there is a kind of thin slit. I try and flex what used to be my left arm muscle. I jump back slightly as I see a set of razor-sharp teeth appear in the slit of the tentacle. This thing was like a leech, only a lot more creepy.

Only one thought went into my mind at that moment. "What have they done to me?". I let out a single tear and sob myself to sleep.

My name is Zale.

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 04-24-2009 at 02:22 PM..
04-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Oh... I misread it. I though that was Sanrak getting that thing. It turns out it was another slig. Sorry. Makes me wonder what role Zale will play.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-25-2009, 12:32 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

: Nov 2007
: shit creek
: 5,106
MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

Thats good AlexFili, very unique!
04-25-2009, 01:30 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I'm so glad you like it so far. I was thinking about giving someone a unique power, but giving them a heavy burden as well. I'm hoping to make this story quite exciting and interesting. Imadaeth's personality will be brought out into the open in this story.

= * = * =

A Vykker enters the room, I look at him. "Why are you wearing armor?". The Vykker gives a nervous laugh and walks towards me. "Well, I wasn't sure what mood you'd be in by now". I gave him a scowl, "Well let's see, I think I'm alright considering I have a tentacle instead of an arm". His anger was definately present in the last few words of his sentence, but the Vykker shrugged, "At least you have an arm now Zale".

I was getting annoyed now, "Alright, so what do I do now?". The Vykker looked at him, "Well... you were given this tentacle for a reason. I trust you are aware of the massacre that happened a month ago?". I nodded, he continued speaking. "You are one of three super-Sligs created in order to try and take him down. The reason I'm wearing this armor... see for yourself". The Vykker approached a cage and took out a chunk of meat, he threw it at the table in front of me. "See what happens when you put your new arm in front of it... and tense your muscles". As my 'arm' moved towards the meat, it suddenly gave a little twitch as if it was out of my control. I held the arm in place, tensed up my arm muscle like he said, the mouth opened and a thin jet of acid squirted out of it. I jumped back in shock, keeping my arm steady, "Acid?!". The Vykker smiled as the meat was slowly dissolved away by the strong acidic substance. "DX4249... A very powerful substance which can erode most metals. We're hoping this'll be strong enough to defeat that rogue Slig.

I shrugged, "How should I know? Why did you choose me anyway?". "We needed a test subject to test the new arm on, we waited until the right opportunity before unleashing our plan. People lose arms here all the time". The Vykker was pacing up and down the room as he spoke. "You need to look at the bigger picture here. If a super-Slig can do twice as much work as the regular Slig... don't you think that eventually everyone will be like you?". I gave him a sharp look. "I sincerely hope not, this thing is disgusting". "You may not believe me, but one day you'll grow to love it". I doubted that, but I heard what he had to say. "Allow me to demonstrate the hidden powers of this arm of yours". I nodded reluctantly, he approached. "Now, as I can apply pressure to it...", he pressed his armored glove against my arm, "You'll notice, that it doesn't feel any resistance... in fact, it flattens out to an astonishing degree". As he said, his glove was pressing down further and further, but I was not in any kind of pain... the tentacle was becoming more flat, but still retaining all functionality.

"Handy little micro-processors in the arm regulate pressure and distance, it's perfect for finding little objects, or searching through a small hole for something". I looked at the Vykker, "Is there anything else I should know?". "Two things, your codename is Reacher. Secondly, you'll find the rogue Slig somewhere along the little river down south, I'll give you the GPS co-ordinates".

As I walked out of that office, I really doubted that I would be able to return to normal life. I'd be called a freak by the Sligs, and even the mudokon workers would point and laugh... until I pressed it against their faces and threatened them. I was sent out blindly to hunt for a rogue Slig that I don't even know anything about. Reacher... what a joke. I'm more like a freak then anything else. Oh well, I have to start somewhere...

A few days of travelling pass, I can't believe I'm saying this... but I actually got used to the 'Reacher'. I don't need to clean my teeth as much as before, since I can just eat food from the arm-mouth. It felt like a burden before, but now I can see how useful it is... Like the Vykker said, I can use it to grab things out of reach, use the acid to burn away metal fences... I even killed a Scrab with it once. The acid is very powerful and can melt it down to the bone in seconds. I may be a freak, but at least I have power. Those worker Sligs get pushed around, but not me... I'll be feared and respected.

I think I'm close to the rogue Slig but I can't be sure. Might be a couple more days...

[B]
floofyderg.live

04-25-2009, 07:50 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)MA  (9593)

Ooooh, is he turning...
04-25-2009, 11:38 AM
mr.odd
Sleg

: Sep 2007
: N/A
: 650
mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)mr.odd  (589)

Awesome fanfic, You made a lot lately and I just cant figure out where your getting all these ideas.
04-25-2009, 12:27 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

Films, games, tv... you name it . I do get inspired easily by reading other fanfics.
I'm glad you enjoy my work so far, I'll try to impress you all!

[B]
floofyderg.live

04-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

... I think you play too many games, watch too many films and too much TV. Possibly read too many fan-fics. Nobody I've ever met can swarm out with ideas and just put them to use like you can. You must be a super human or something.

:

04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I guess I just really love Oddworld. I can't believe that I've made so many posts in such a short space of time. Hopefully I'll spend a lot of May on my revision and exams. I'll try and reduce the amount of posting that I'm doing to a more acceptable level.

As for my creativity, it's been pretty good lately. I think it's several years of repressed Slig fandom that have suddenly appeared after about 9 years of denial! Just for you, here's the next bit

= * = * =

"Quick, get him to the operating room... fast!". There was no way I would let my twin die, "Hold on Miro... I can't let you die like this". Miro gave him a smile from the stretcher, "It's okay Meso, I know you did your best". Miro passed out, Meso looked at the Vykker. "Please save him, I'll do anything".

Two weeks later, Meso and Miro are in a laboratory. They both have their eyes closed. Meso could hear breathing, "Miro, is that you?!". Miro smiled, "Yeah, It's me... I can't believe you saved my life". Meso smiled, "Well, I couldn't lose you. You're more than just a twin, you're my friend and hatchmate". Miro smiled, "By the way, where are we?".

Miro and Meso opened their eyes. The light was harsh, "Some kind of laboratory, I think...". Miro rubbed the dust off his mask with his right hand... Meso did the same, but with his left hand. Miro and Meso looked towards each other and could hardly believe the sight before them.

Miro and Meso were closer now then they had ever been. They had been stitched together to form one body, but with both of their heads on a larger, semi-Big Bro chest. Instead of the minotaur leg form, they had the centaur form, to support their large bulky body. Meso looked confused, "Well... I guess we won't have to worry about getting seperated again". Miro raised an eyebrow, "You can say that again... Is there anything that a Vykker wouldn't do?".

It was an hour until the Vykker arrived, "Ah, nice to see you two recovering well". "You joined us together?", they both said at the same time. "Aha, yes... It was the only way to save him". Meso smiled, "Then you did your best, thank you". The Vykker put his arms on their shoulders. "Now, there is something you must do for me".

A few days pass, we walk towards where the Vykker said the rogue Slig was located.

Our codename was Duo, we each had our own ability. Miro could perform what the Vykker called "mind intrusion", which insolves his soul leaving the body and entering the host remotely and Miro's torso and head would become limp and could not be moved by Meso. From there he can perform a lot of things similar to possession... It's only temporary though, so should not be used for long-term tasks. Meso could harness the power of his body to a great extent. Partially due to the centaur model legs and partially due to his improved body strength, he could grip objects with surprising strength. He had just finished choking a Scrab, "This is some grip", he chewed a bit of the meat, giving some to Miro.

Miro smiled, "How long til we reach the rogue Slig?". Meso nodded, "Not long now, we're right near him".

[B]
floofyderg.live

04-30-2009, 10:26 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

christ, i wouldnt of been able to think of something like that! its very engaging.
04-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

I forgot to comment earlier. Siamese twins is all that comes to mind now.

:

04-30-2009, 12:06 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I'm so glad you like it. Here's a bit more to wet your appetite;

= * = * =

The other Sligs call me Harp. I like to think it's because of my musical talent, but it's probably because I talk a lot when I'm bored. I try to keep my head down at work, there's too many bad things that happen if I try and talk to people too much. There are things in my life I want to change, but I know that they are impossible to change. Still, my curiosity gets the better of me and I make an appointment with a Vykker Shrink. I tell him that I have this massive urge to right all the wrongs I see around me. At first I think he is laughing at me, but then I realise that he's smiling because he thinks he can help. "We may be able to help you there". I visibly smile and stand up from the sofa. "Now, this won't hurt a bit", The Vykker approaches me with a needle.

A few days later I awaken. My head is sore and has a bandage over it. A Vykker steps into the room. "I see the 'change' has been made, how do you feel?". I looked up at the Vykker, "I feel absolutely fine, so what happens now?". The Vykker smiled, "Now, you do us a favour. Ready for some fresh air and sunshine?". I visibly gasped, "Yes sir".

It was a day later now, I think I've got the hang of my power. I dare not mention it to anyone else in case I get targetted. My codename is Rejector.

Hopefully I'll reach Duo and Reacher before they do anything stupid.

= = =

Zale was approaching his target location. He checked the GPS, 1000 feet until he reaches the destination. He looked at his tentacle-arm. "Well, it's now or never", he brushed off the dust from his visor and started walking.

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

I like the way Harp's change isn't described in the chapter but kept secret.

:

05-02-2009, 12:36 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I have a Mudokon named Neso and a Slig named Meso! I don't know what I didn't see that sooner (facepalm). Yeah, I kept that deliberate about Harp's power being hidden. His power is more of a supplimentary one, which requires others around him to work. Here is the next section;

= * = * =

It was daybreak now. Neso yawned, "Did I miss anything Imadaeth?". Imadaeth smiled, "Not really... a couple of Scrabs were fighting but that's pretty much everything. I'm going to take a break, let me know if you want anything". Neso nodded, "Alright then".

With that, Neso was in full control of the body. He was hoping to eat some Spooce, but he didn't know if there were any supplies nearby. He looked in the nearest cupboard... seems to be a few Scrab Cakes left. He bit one in half and ate it, looking at the wrapper. He was still not used to this Slig food... but he would get used to it.

The chemicals used to spice the meat up were a bit strong, but he enjoyed the savoury taste of the meat.

Zale looked through the grass in front of him, he could see a hut with a Slig inside. "Imadaeth?", he whispered to himself. He tried to remember what the Vykker had said. "You will recognize him by his dark skin... and the yellow visor lens". Well, it looked like the description. He took a second look at his tentacle-arm, he hoped this would work.

Neso looked towards the grass ouside the window, he saw another Slig. He didn't manage to get a good look at it, because the other Slig darted away into the grass. Neso looked around, "Imadaeth, we have company". Imadaeth stirred, "Already? No rest for the anti-heroic...".

Zale went to the back of the hut, he held out his tentacle. He was just about to use the acid when Neso moved his body out of the way. The acid went through the hut wall very quickly. Imadaeth's anger was building up. Neso had to try and keep him calm.

Zale pointed towards the hole in the hut, "Want to see if your body can stand up to this acid?". Imadaeth looked at him, "No, but clearly you want to be injured by me". Imadaeth was faster than he looked, he ran towards Zale and in an instant, slapped his face. Zale fell to the ground with a thump.

Zale stood back up and tried to swipe at Imadaeth with his tentacle, but he wasn't used to the weight of it. Imadaeth tried to punch the tentacle but it just buckled and fell into itself, as if he had just punched a massive rubber object.

Imadaeth chuckled, "Fancy arm you got there, did it cost you much?". Zale grinned, "Only my pride and my ability to fit in with normal society. Pah, who needs normality anyway. When I finish you off, I'll get a nice big pay-rise and a cushy security job".

Imadaeth smiled, "It would take an army to kill me". Outside of the hut, Meso and Miro were watching the events unfold. Meso pointed, "Looks like they're fighting each other, come on let's help him".

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

I feel really stupid saying this but it's all I can think of "Keep it up."

:

05-02-2009, 08:29 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

good fight scene, quite realistic, which can be quite hard to do.
05-02-2009, 02:19 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

Glad you like it, it's about to get a bit nastier
BTW when I say things like; Neso hits Imadaeth, it's as if he's hitting himself. Sorry if it's a bit confusing at first

= = =

Zale ran towards Imadaeth with determination, but Imadaeth backhanded him and elbowed him in the chest. Imadaeth was going to finish him off, Neso held him back and stopped him from killing Zale. "Pah, you're lucky. I would stay on the ground if I were you".

Imadaeth was about to walk away when he lost control of his body. Imadaeth angrily looked up, to illustrate that he was talking to Neso. "What the heck was that for?". Neso shrugged, "I'm not doing anything, I thought you were controlling the body".

Meso and Miro stepped into the room, Miro's body was limply hanging from the large torso. Meso smiled, "Looks like we arrived in time, he's still breathing".

Miro was in control of the body, he flexed the muscles. "I see, so you do have a lot of physical power... but can your body withstand it's own pressure?". Miro raised one of the hands and punched the stomach of Imadaeth. Imadaeth winced, but there was no mark. Miro sighed, "I guess that's not going to work. Okay Meso, try and beat up this body a bit".

Meso nodded, "Okay, you'd better get out of there soon though". Meso ran towards Imadaeth, fists raised. Miro cancelled the mind control, Meso landed a powerful blow onto Imadaeth's chest. He heard Imadaeth's grunt of pain and walked up to him again. He kicked Imadaeth with the semi-large pants, causing a light mark to appear on Imadaeth's body.

Imadaeth was now in full rage mode, he was ready to counter-attack. He grabbed Meso and placed the metallic knee joint onto his face. Meso was clutching his face with one hand, as Miro was trying to keep his balance. Imadaeth's rage was boiling over, Neso couldn't control him, "Stop! Don't kill them!". Imadaeth was getting frustrated, "You're really pissin' me off now".

He turned around to see Zale stood up with his tentacle pointed towards Imadaeth. Zale was visibly shocked and was frozen to the spot. Imadaeth walked towards Zale and ripped the rest of Zale's left shoulder socket out. Zale gave a shriek of pain and collapsed. Neso took one of his hands and slapped Imadaeth, "Get a grip, you're going to kill them at this rate!". Imadaeth was trying to control the body, but he was loosing the battle against Neso. "Darn you, get out of my way". He slapped the right arm with his left, and continued walking towards Meso. He approached Meso and was about to pull out the freshly made stiches across the body. Neso was getting worried, "No! That's enough!". Imadaeth started ripping some of the stiches out, Meso and Miro both cried in agony. Neso finally lost composure and punched Imadaeth in the head. "I SAID STOP!", Imadaeth fell on the floor, gasping.

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-03-2009, 06:27 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

jesus! that was nasty when Imadaeth ripped Zale's shoulder socket out!
05-03-2009, 06:59 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I wanted to shock the audience at that point. I think it's safe to say that it worked (I think ripping out the stitches is quite horrible as well). Anyway, here comes "Rejector"

= = =

"Looks like I came just in time". The new Slig walked up to Zale, placing his hand on the shoulder socket. He said the word, "Reject!". A strange red glow was eminating from his hand, as Zale's tentacle-arm began to re-attach itself, the shoulder was being repaired and the skin was healing.

Neso used this time to calm Imadaeth down and get him to relax his mind. Neso was slowly gaining control over Imadaeth again. The new Slig then walked towards Meso and Miro, placing his hands on the stiching and closing the wound. Neso smirked, "What are you, a healer?". The other Slig smiled, "Not exactly, name's Harp... codename, Rejector". "Rejector?".

Harp nodded and walked towards Imadaeth, he had finished tending to Meso's injured face. "My ability is to reject something that has previously happened. It can be anything from about 30 seconds to 30 days ago. If something has happened, I can revert something back to a previous time".

Harp smiled, "You're lucky that you're older than 30 days or I would be able to erase your whole body from reality in an instant". Imadaeth smiled, "That's thoughtful of you to mention". Zale looked at Imadaeth. "So, why didn't you kill me?". Imadaeth looked towards Zale, "Sorry, I have another tenant staying with me at the moment, one who doesn't like violence in the slightest. He's a pain sometimes but we learn to live with each other. He's Mudokon called Neso who accidently got stuck in my body". Zale raised an eyebrow, "No kidding? Bet that must be a bit annoying".

Imadaeth was about to say "Yes", but Neso slapped himself. Harp laughed and looked at the other two... technically, three Sligs in the hut. Zale was still shocked from the whole incident, Miro and Meso were talking to each other... trying to work out what just happened.

Imadaeth explained his situation. "I'm an escaped experimental Slig, I was given strength and power by the Vykkers. For some reason I have been made immortal. Neso was trying to possess me in order to escape, but he accidently sealed his own body somewhere. Thanks to my enhanced psychic modifications, I was able to retain partial control, so we work as a team now. Probably in a similar way to you two". He pointed at Meso and Miro. "Sorry about the face and stitches by the way, I can lose control sometimes when I'm angry". Miro shook his head, "We didn't know you were actually a good guy, we thought you were some psychopathic killer or something. The Vykkers did this to us in order to get us to try and capture you or something". Meso nodded, "But it looks like that's pretty much impossible".

Imadaeth looked towards Harp and Zale, "So, Are you gonna kill me?". Harp shrugged, "I don't think I can cut through that tough skin of yours. Anyway, I'm starting to like you". Imadaeth smiled, "In that case, I won't hurt you unless you give me a reason to".

Zale stood up, "So, you really aren't going to kill us then?". Imadaeth shook his head, "As long as you stop trying to burn my face off with acid or beat me to death with your bare hands, then yeah, we're cool".

Zale walked up to Imadaeth and held out his hand, "In that case, let us not fight, agreed?". Imadaeth accepted the hand and shook it. Meso and Miro walked towards them, "That goes for us as well". They placed their combined hands onto the pile. Harp smirked, "Oh well, why not". He joined in. Each Slig had placed their hand in the center of the pile and then cheered.

Their happy truce was short-lived however. Radio static could be heard nearby, along with a new voice. Their cheers died down as they listened for the new noise.

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Kind of makes me wonder why they sent other sligs to kill a slig. I'd have sent some kind of terminater. But on Oddworld, anything can happen.

Who could be calling? Well, we'll soon see.

:

05-03-2009, 09:18 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

Well, it's about money and testing. The Vykkers keep under-estimating Imadaeth. It makes you wonder how long it'll take for the really strong test subjects to be unleashed on him. I have plans for several more super-Sligs... and possibly a few other creatures.

I never thought I would post so many chapters in one whole day. I'm giving you all that I have for the moment, so I'll have to do a lot of writing this week I'm happy you like this more than my original Imadaeth story. It's about time for some high-stakes fight sequences.

= = =

"Ha-ha-ha". A strange laugh was audible from nearby, Harp pulled out what appeared to be a small microphone. "We're being recorded?". "Correct", the voice answered. "Naturally we had to see if this was going to work. It appears the plan failed, you aren't going to kill him after all are you?", the Vykker laughed, "In that case, we have no choice but to deploy Plan B and terminate every single last one of you".

Neso raised his eyebrow, "Plan B?". "Ah, Imadaeth, nice to hear your voice". Imadaeth took control back and grinned, "Imadaeth... you gave me that name knowing that I would be a killer, and now you regret it? You should have treated me with much more respect". The Vykker sounded curious, "I trust that Rejector did the right thing in the end?".

Harp looked up, "You knew that Zale and the twins couldn't beat Imadaeth. That's why you sent me to go along... to heal them if they got hurt". "Ha-ha! You are a clever bunch of Sligs! This was all just a test anyway". The Vykker laughed again, "How you managed to survive against Imadaeth is a miracle, not a single Slig has ever managed to so much as give him a scratch... This conversation is becoming tedious and repetitive, time to keep things more exciting, for me. Four deadly assassins are now headed your way, you can call them the Death Seekers. Enjoy the remaining period of your life, however short it may be. There is no hiding, there is no rest. You will all be executed formally and legally and within all regulations. Well, goodbye".

The line went dead. Rejector put the microphone on the floor. Imadaeth stepped towards it and placed a metal leg on it, crushing it into pieces. Zale looked at the others, "Well, What the frell do we do now?".

Miro stood up, "Well, shall we start by agreeing not to try and kill each other?". Meso nodded, "We have to get out of this place, before those assassins arrive. We should try and find a safe place to hide". Zale was placing a piece of Scrab meat into his arm-mouth, the tentacle squirming and moving as the teeth closed on the food and the squelching noises were being made, "Agreed, I trust you know where we should go then?".

Imadaeth shrugged. "I don't know this area well, we'll have to look around for a while. Everyone ready?". They all nodded and left the hut, taking some supplies with them.

= = =

According to my text-to-speech translator. Imadaeth should be pronounced;
Im-ma-dee-th. I guess I'll leave it like that for now. It sounds exotic and funky
Still not sure about the whole Meso/Neso thing. Maybe I can find a way to change their names subtly.

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 05-03-2009 at 09:24 AM..
05-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Personnaly, I got a little confused with Neso and Meso.

Actually Immadaeth reminds me a bit of The Hulk... Might as well be the oddworld fantastic four... Five technically.

I'm begining to get very interested in this.

:

05-03-2009, 02:16 PM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

i thought that might happen, but i havent got a clue whats gonna happen next.
05-03-2009, 02:24 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

You know what? Neither have I!
Glad you like it.

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-07-2009, 02:39 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

I think this is a good place to end the story for now. I will continue with these characters another time.

One important change I am making is that Neso's name is now changed to Ned. This is both to mimic the traditional Mudokon naming style and to avoid confusion between Neso and Meso. I was thinking that I might make a tie-in videogame to the next section of the Ego story, to make it more interesting... but I'm not sure.

Right now I have to decide what I want to do with the Armament and Pack series. Thanks for reading this story, I'm really glad you liked it

[B]
floofyderg.live

05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
MA
DOES NOT COMPUTE

oh thats a bloody shame. i've said it before; too many good stories are written on these forums but end up unfinished. i hope you do continue it at some point.
05-07-2009, 11:01 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

Well, there's a difference between taking a break and leaving it unfinished! For instance, if someone posts Chapter 1 of something, and then never posts again... that's unfinished!

What I'm doing is looking at what I have, thinking where I can go with it and then re-assessing my situation. Leaving something unfinished is the last thing I want. This is why I am either putting projects on hold, or shifting things around a bit.

13th-21st of May is a really busy time for me because I have exams. Still, I'm very glad that you enjoyed this story so far. I'm coming up with a new story as we speak. Hopefully I'll be able to make some very exciting stories in the near future!

[B]
floofyderg.live