04-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Alfs Little Sister
Zappfly

: Mar 2009
: England
: 2
Alfs Little Sister  (10)
Oddworld Crea's Oddysee

Okay, not the most original title but oh well. I was meaning to post this sooner but I've been busy. Anyway this is my first fanfic so tell me if it's okay!
(Nenes are creatures made up by me)

prologue

"A long time ago, we were one with nature, but then our ansestors discovered technology, they built many things such as computers, machinery... and weapons. soon are kind began to prosper... until we were betrayed by another species, they took everything from us and used it against us, making us slaves and completly destroying what little of our culture we had left.Then we did something so shameful, so disgusting, that it makes me retch to even think about it... we fled.
We ran, we left the world we had lived in for centuries, left our friends to be killed and tortured by the traitors, so we could save ourselves."
"My name is Crea and I am a Nene, i didn't know any of this until a few months ago. It began when I went for a walk, nothing special, just a simple walk, which is why i believed what happened is destiny as I am the only Nene who would dare leave the safety of the village just to go for a walk.Anyway, I found myself lost deep in a place of the forest I had never been in before and was looking around to see if I could figure out where I was when I tripped, this itself was not unusual as Nenes are extremely clumsy creatures and I especially am always falling over, but I fell down a deep whole in the ground, after recovering from the fall I discovered I was in a sort of under ground cavern, and on one of the cavern walls there was writing... and thats when i discovered everything, I discovered about the traitors, the ones known as the Glukkens. I discovered about our dear friends, the Mudokons and how we ourselves had betrayed them by leaving them to die in the hands of the Glukkens.
And I discovered that we, the nenes, are not from Evan at all, but from a different world, a world so cruel and evil, a world raged by war, a world known as.....

Oddworld.
04-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

There are a few spelling errors here and there, but it isn't too bad. I'll be reading this if you continue.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Can you tell us more about the Nenes?

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

04-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Alfs Little Sister
Zappfly

: Mar 2009
: England
: 2
Alfs Little Sister  (10)

Nenes are creatures born on Oddworld who used to live in harmony with the Mudokons and Glukkens. Like Mudokons evolved from birds, Nenes evolved from rabbits and have fluffy tails and big ears. They used to be very spiritual and in touch with nature, now they are obbsessed with machines and stuff. When the Mudokons and Glukkens had a big fall out over the moon they decided to stay out of it untill the Glukkens started to spread lies about the Mudokons, saying they thought the were a superior race and the planned to take over Oddworld. The Nenes fell for it and reluctantly agreed to share their screts with the Glukkens, of course the Glukkens gave their secrets away to the industrials and enslaved the Mudokons for revenge, and the Nenes for the hell of it. That was when the Nenes decided to leave Oddworld. They were badly affected by the Glukken's betrayal and keep to themselves, they believe that by taking action, they would only make things worse. If faced with a problem, they keep their heads down and hope it will go away, they don't even try and run away from it. Crea is the only one who see's how stupid this is. They can extend and retract their claws and teeth at will.

chapter 1

"Another world?" The confused Gabbit looked up at the blue Mudoken to his right, the Mudoken only shrugged, looking just as confused as the Gabbit was.
"Correct, Gabbit-top." A large creature stood before them.Or sat, it was hard to tell as it didn't have any legs. It didn't have any arms either, it was 12 feet in height and weighed around 1 ton, it had four glowing, yellow eyes that were a little lower than its mouth. The creature was known as The Almighty Raisin. He spoke again:
"I have had a vision that a creature born on another planet will fall from the sky and bring great peace to the land." The Almighty Raisin anounced dramaticaly. The Gabbit known as Munch scratched his head thoughtfuly.
"That sounds a little far-fetched to me."
"shh!" Abe, the Mudokon shushed him. He hated it when Munch questioned things.
"If my calculations are correct," The Raisin continued. "Then she will appear in the Splinterz factory that was recently built." he addresed Abe. "I trust you know where it is?"
"Sure, it was built on a Mudokon village we were allied with." He said sourly. Then he suddenly realised something. "Hey, wait a minute! Did you just say she?" The Raisin sighed impatiently.
"Crea is not a queen." He explained. "There are as many Female nenes as there are males." He explained it in simple words so Abe could understand.
"Oh."
"Now, go to the factory! find Crea! Bring her back! And then... and then..." A low rumbling sound came from the Raisins mouth, Abe and Munch stood silently for a few moments before they realised he was asleep.
"Why does he keep doing that!?" Munch groaned, turning to Abe for an answer before he realised he wasn't there. Munch looked around franticaly and saw Abe leaving the cave.
"Hey, wait up!"

"But father, you have to listen to me!" Crea had tried everything to convince her father, the leader of the Nenes, but he was completely ignoring her, she had expected as much but was still determined to make him listen. He was walking inbetween the huts, inspecting the damage after a recent grublin attack.
"We can't go on like this, you must see that!" Her father spun round without warning and grabbed Crea's jumper, pulling her close so the were eye to eye.
"Enough of this nonsense! Your... appearence is bad enough, but your only making it worse for yourself and for me by spouting out all this crap about 'taking action' or 'changing our ways', we're fine the way we are!" He roughly pushed her away and turned his back to her, but Crea was still not fazed.
"What do you mean we're fine? We're dying! Ignorance is not the answer, if you ignore something it doesn't mean it will go away, or it doesn't exist! Or will you only realise this when every last Nene in this village is buried in the grou...?"
Crea's speech was cut short as she felt the back of her fathers hand collide with her cheek, she collapsed to the ground, caught off guard by his sudden lashing out. A few of the villagers looked in their direction with disinterest, any father who would strike his daughter in such a way would be looked upon with hatred and disgust, but not if his daughter was Crea, the 'evil one', that was an entirely different matter alltogether.
"I said, shut up!" He said, clenching his teeth and speaking in a low, menacing voice. He turned and left her on the ground and the villagers returned to their chores.
Crea stood up as casualy as if she had tripped over a pebble, it was a very half-hearted slap and she had been hit far harder. She sadly watched her father disappear behind one of the huts. She had expected that reaction but it was still worth a try. It looked like it was time for plan B; a very risky and poorly thought plan but it was still better than doing nothing. Crea spun round and sped off in the opposite direction.
04-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

I kind of like the idea that Crea is the only "smart" one in the village. I'll continue to read and comment.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!