Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
GlacierDragon
Super Stingbee

: Apr 2008
: England
: 489
GlacierDragon  (114)GlacierDragon  (114)

I love that last one!

.:FanFictions:.
~The Madness Of Life - On hiatus~
~Shrown - Edited and completed~

06-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Deadbolt
Zappfly

: Jun 2008
: Estonia
: 10
Deadbolt  (12)

Abit too colourful and unreal and kiddy for my tastes. But I think you really could make some money out of your art if you started illustrating childrens books! (And I'm serious, this is by all means not a fun-making attempt)
And if you could spend a few months learning hard you could probably start illustrating big movie posters.
Anyways, cheers and good luck ;D
06-16-2008, 11:21 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

: Mar 2007
: Beneath the sink
: 1,157
skillyaslig  (124)skillyaslig  (124)

Thank you!
^ le Dead XD Yeah, I love bright colours....My art teacher gets really narked at me when I use all of them in our 'bland' pictures XD
*Hugs*

*Grins* Ha! I did a kiddy XD

06-17-2008, 03:06 AM
abe is now!
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

: Jan 2007
: Italy
: 2,825
abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)

They're nice! And the puppy is very cute !!!

06-17-2008, 03:54 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2007
: Arkham Asylum
: 1,231
OddYouko  (166)OddYouko  (166)

Aww. That's so cute!
What a lovely family. Great work love it! ;D
Sleep well my Abe babe~

April 13th, 2007 - October 14th, 2016

06-21-2008, 04:53 AM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

Thank you guys! Tis my family of griffins XD Mwhahas.
Anyways, here is a DRAGON that isn't really a dragon, more like some weird thing...

06-22-2008, 09:29 AM
abe is now!
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

: Jan 2007
: Italy
: 2,825
abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)

It looks like a lizard with wings!!! I love it!!! + rep to you!!!

06-23-2008, 07:16 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

He still looks so cool..whatever he is.
-hugs him- And cute like the rest!
Keep it up!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Kimon
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2005
: Brooklyn
: 1,937
Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)Kimon  (518)

Coool stuff, man. Dragons are and always have been awesome, and it's good to see that you obviously put a lot of time into these drawings, too often things are left half-assed and unfinished.

That said, you have a pretty clear lack of understanding of space and anatomy. It would definitely be beneficial for you to read some of those "How to Draw Animals" books. Along from being educational, they're also super-fun! It's also important for you to think of the things you draw as 3-dimensional objects, it makes it a lot easier to see your subject as more than just an image. It's definitely worth it to sit for a few minutes and think about where the eye and ear should "come out" from the far side of the head. Woot.

Keep it up!

06-26-2008, 11:10 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

:
That said, you have a pretty clear lack of understanding of space and anatomy. It would definitely be beneficial for you to read some of those "How to Draw Animals" books. Along from being educational, they're also super-fun! It's also important for you to think of the things you draw as 3-dimensional objects, it makes it a lot easier to see your subject as more than just an image. It's definitely worth it to sit for a few minutes and think about where the eye and ear should "come out" from the far side of the head.
Ooo, yay, more crit ^^
I have quite a few 'How to draw' books, (hell, I am nagging at my mum at the moment to buy me a 'how to draw grotesque demons' from Fish-pond)
Yeah, the problem with my animal structure is that I don't really pay attention to the rules of the animals and creatures in our society, so some of them turn out completely unbelievable, and wouldn't exist in this world. (to alter that, I decided to create a new galaxy for my beasties to live in...) That, and the fact I watch too many cartoons, so they come out tooney, and more...ahh, whats the word...Twisted I suppose... XD Mwhahas.
Hmm, I don't think that dragon has an ear...
Anyways, thankies for the Crit!
And huggles for the people who lurk

I feel spied on too.....

06-27-2008, 09:23 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

That's a good one skillyaslig!
How do you come up with these funny ideas? They're great!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

06-28-2008, 02:50 AM
GlacierDragon
Super Stingbee

I like the purple creature thingy, though all of it's good. (And what's this about a 'how to draw grotesque demons' book?)

06-30-2008, 01:39 AM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

:
That's a good one skillyaslig!
How do you come up with these funny ideas? They're great!
Thanks! I kinda just come up with these ideas randomly, and at school, where I day-dream

:
(And what's this about a 'how to draw grotesque demons' book?)
Tis a book I saw while cruising one of those Book sites ^^

Description; Elegant and colorful, the Dek’Vorh Joker is a strange one. They are more quick and sneaky then most of their brethren, though they don’t actively hide the majority of times. They are rare, but not overly so. Jokers mostly take the role of scouts, and reconnaissance beasts, though when the need arises they make incredible foes, with lightening fast reflexives, and unnatural flexibility. They adore brightly colored clothes, the majority of them wearing ‘shirts’ colored in diamonds, stars, and swirls. The shirts usually have ‘spikes’ jutting from the waist, and shoulders, tipped with bright jingle bells. Some Jokers have a full face mask, with only their eyes, mouth, nose and ears freed. The hats are spiky and also tipped with bells. The Jokers arms and legs are covered in brightly colored tights, sometimes with words inscribed upon them. They also have wrist and ankle cuffs in bright colors, also decorated in bells.

Body structure; the majority of Jokers have thin bodies, with long arms and slender legs. Their heads have heavy toothed jaws, always twisted up in a mad grin, with a short, fat purple tongue. Most of them have long flowing ears, sometimes with ribbons and bells intertwined around them. The feet are long and flat, giving them excellent balance, and stability. The Jokers fingers are long and slender, and are capable of bending in bizarre directions. No one knows if these are really the Jokers fingers, or extensions of their gloves. Most Jokers have thick skin, which is heat proof, and typically a dull colour. Their tails are long, and taper to a thin, whip-like end, which can slash open skin surprisingly easily. So far, none of the Jokers seen have wings which can be used for flight. The membrane is far too ripped and torn for any way of flight. The ‘arm’ of wing is thick and muscular, and ends in a long, sharp pike, capable of disemboweling prey in a single blow.

Characteristics; Witty and cunning, the Jokers, at times, act like playful, misbehaving children. They have even been seen to play pranks on other Dek’Vorhs, such as throwing water balloons at them, or even cream pies. This usually results in the Joker having to make a speedy get-a-way, as its enraged comrade would usually respond to this jest with rage. They play these ‘pranks’ on normal creatures, how ever, these result in serious harm to that person, as they replay the water balloons with fire balls, or exploding cream pies. The Jokers can, shocking, speak clearly and cleanly. They typically joke around with their ’prey’, laughing and pulling faces. They have an extremely creepy, screaming laugh, that they utter when stalking their food, either designed to frightening them, or just through blood-lust. Jokers carry a ‘wand’ around with them, decorated with brightly colored ribbons, and bells. With this, the Jokers can cast strong charm, from lightening blasts, to Transformation Spells.

Strengths; Jokers are fast, and exceedingly flexible, so they can duck and doge weapons and bullets extremely quickly. They can twist their bodies in strange shapes, so they could easily squeeze themselves into boxes. This can come in handy when the Dek’Vorhs are trying to infiltrate an enemy camp, as a Joker can simply twist itself into an ‘emergency’ equipment box, and have the foes pick it up, and take it back to their base, from where the Joker would sneak out and shut down security. Jokes can leap exceptionally high, their fingers able to grasp any wall surface. They are strong with magic, able to produce large amounts of charm in limited time.

Weaknesses; The Jokers main weakness, is like their name-sake; they cannot resist joking and laughing. Some of the Jokers have even been know to collapse in hysterical, crazed laughter, unable to do anything else except laugh and convulse on the ground. They also have a weird fondness for bright colored lights, and colorful fabric, meaning people can lure them into traps if the need arises. They can be surprisingly merciful towards certain people, such as those who laugh at their jokes, and praise their entertaining skills. Therefore, when people get captured, or cornered by one of these Dek’Vorhs, they will try to ‘flatter’ their way out of being killed or eaten. The Jokers have even been know to fend off other Dek’Vorhs from such prey, strengthening the idea that Jokers are more in tune with their ‘sane’ sides, unlike other of their kinds. They are surprisingly vulnerable to ice charms.

Dietary; Jokers are ravenous eaters, devouring their victims alive, most of them starting with the shoulders, then they crack open the skull. They don’t eat the bones, though a few Jokers have been seen to gnaw on bones like dogs, presumably to keep their teeth clean.

One of the species of Dek'Vorhs....

07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

Another awesome picture skillyaslig!
He looks really creepy. I love it!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

07-06-2008, 01:18 AM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

Thank you very much OddYouko! *hugs*

Lawl, Dragon XD

07-06-2008, 01:45 AM
Buzzy
Chippunk

: Jun 2008
: Australian
: 30
Buzzy  (10)

Wow! Nice work, probably been asked before but, are these pics drawn?

07-06-2008, 04:24 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

You're very welcome skillyaslig! -hugs back- ;D

Funny dragon! I feel kinda sorry for him but he made me laugh!
And yes Buzzy skillyaslig drew all of these cute pictures. =D
Sleep well my Abe babe~

07-06-2008, 11:31 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

:
Wow! Nice work, probably been asked before but, are these pics drawn?
Thank you Buzzly Buzz! Yep, I draw all the line art on paper, then scan it into the computer, and colour it in either the GIMP or Photo Shop ^^

:
You're very welcome skillyaslig! -hugs back- ;D

Funny dragon! I feel kinda sorry for him but he made me laugh!
And yes Buzzy skillyaslig drew all of these cute pictures. =D
*flying hugs* GLOMPAGE!
Cuteness is uber yummies now-a-days

Cute and Fluffy!

07-07-2008, 05:56 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

O///O
It's SO cute! I want one!
That has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen!
Great work! I love the little guy. =D ♥
Sleep well my Abe babe~

07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

Thank you very much Youko! Tis cute...*noes*

Lol, I did this for a contest, when you had to put Koa (cute fluffy fellow) with one of your own OCs, for a date. Gertrude is not amused.

07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

You're welcome.

xD
Aww poor Koa! Awesome comic and very funny skillyaslig!
♥ your art!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
GlacierDragon
Super Stingbee

That last one made me laugh! Poor little thing. (Did you win the contest?)

07-10-2008, 05:42 AM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

:
You're welcome.

xD
Aww poor Koa! Awesome comic and very funny skillyaslig!
♥ your art!
Yesh, he got drool all over him XD Thank cha Uber muchy!

:
That last one made me laugh! Poor little thing. (Did you win the contest?)
Koa needs more love...
I actually got first, tied with someone else who did a 'bad' date ^^

Lol, behold, Syiroiry...

Name: Syiroiry (pronounced as SIGH-or-E)
Height: 52 meters
Length: 20 meters
Wight: 33,000 tonnes.
Bio:
Created in a top-secret weapons facility, Syiroiry was made to help combats a massive electrical alien menace. The scientists designed Syiroiry to be able to harness massive amounts of electrical energy, with thick plates of conductive steel and metals.
His more flexible parts, namely his neck and tail, are made from numerous blue slabs, each locked together and are extremely bendy, so he can uses these are flails while in close quarter battle.
Thick rubbery tubes on his back feed fuel and miniature bits of metal around his body. These are extremely resistant to attack, as they simply ‘contract’ under attacks, and are fire proof.
His massive iron hoofs enable him to have excellent balance on all but the most slippery of surfaces, which would cause him to slip and fall. They also mean Syiroiry feed off of electricity storms, his horns sucking up the energy in the air, and his hoofs leeching up the electricity in the ground.
The numerous ‘spikes’ along his body have green ‘globes’ on the end. These attract any electrical power, and help to power Syiroiry up, driving him to ‘max’ power. This also means he may give someone an extremely powerful shock if they brush up against him.
He has ‘false’ organs, which are set up like an organic beasts. His heart is a powerful pump of frightening degrees, the massive pulse able to be heard miles away. His other ‘organs’ are also important parts of machinery, his intestines carry thick lead around and around, ensuring that there is ‘clotting’ material for any oil leaks. His liver cleans his oil and fuel, keeping any grime or harmful substance from attacking his circuitry. The lungs create static that feed his brain and keep Syiroiry from shutting down. His organs are coved in an extremely thick and tough glass like substance, that has diamond ground into it. However, this is a primary weak spot, as if any foe smashed the case in and removed his heart, he would slowly being to power down. This would take a while, however, as the wild electricity in his body would power him for a few hours.
The blue eggs fixed along his body store larges amounts of electrical energy, though these are a source of weakness, as they can be shattered if struck with enough force.

Weaponry:
Syiroiry’s main weapon is his massive gun that is attached to his right arm. This shots out thick balls of compressed energy and when it shots passed an enemy, a long tongue of lightening will shot out and zap that person. It has a few flaws; 1, it has a limited range, and 2, it can over load from too many bolts being fired in rapid session.
Other weaponry include his tail, which can loosen massive bolts of electric. If someone get struck in the right spot, they may be paralyzed for a few seconds.
His other offensive capabilities involve his ‘lightening rod’ which blasts from his mouth. He can create smaller, less harmful bursts, if he does it quicker.

RAGE power:
When Syiroiry reaches a certain amount or rage, or power, he can unleashes a massive blast of electrical current, which will throw enemies backwards, and stun them for periods of time.

07-10-2008, 09:25 AM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

OMG!!! Awesome skillyaslig!! That's totaly wicked!!
Great drawing skillyaslig!!
I love it!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

07-11-2008, 11:00 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

:
OMG!!! Awesome skillyaslig!! That's totaly wicked!!
Great drawing skillyaslig!!
I love it!
Thank cha ever much! I am so glad that you like em

FLOWERS!

07-29-2008, 05:02 PM
OddYouko
Outlaw Cutter

That's really cool! I'd never think of that!
It's soooo cute! I looovvvee it!

Can I ask for a request? ^^'
Cause I really love your style!
Sleep well my Abe babe~

07-30-2008, 02:51 AM
GlacierDragon
Super Stingbee

Bumble bee gas mask thing! I love it!

07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

: May 2008
: Location.
: 585
scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)

I can't even decide which one I like best... verry good!

˙·٠ The Captured Ones curretnly on hold ٠·˙
˙·٠► .The Capturers. curretnly on hold ◄٠·˙
˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

08-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Hulaabeo
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2007
: Ontario, Canada.
: 997
Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)

CAUTION: Don't sniff the flowers!
I love that comic with Koa in it :3