04-28-2001, 01:33 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)
good mp3 page?

I´ve been searching for a song as mp3. I´ve just a searchmachine (google.com) but i didn´t find the song. Does anybody know a good mp3 page where you can download mp3´s for free?
please help me I´m so sad.

04-29-2001, 12:13 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

You could use napster.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-29-2001, 12:54 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

Freaky LA...It makes me sad that you don't have Napster. Napster is a simple (?) program, that you may download and register at www.napster.com. It allows you to search for any mp3...it searches everyone pc or something for that mp3. Any song you could ever imagine can be found with this service. It is really great, but tons of music companies are trying to shut them down.

04-29-2001, 08:38 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

I downloaded napster. Then I seaeched a song it was dowloading it and the told me that there is a download error or something.
Napster is shit!

04-29-2001, 08:39 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Grrr... blame Lars of Metallica for initiating that one! They may be my favorite band... but the shutting down of Napster sucks. As a result you can't get "every" song anymore... but you can still get a lot of good music.

OK... I can see that "some" record companies are against it... and Napster is doing their best to block songs and artists from those record companies that have lodged compaints.

But the main reason I like and use Napster is to get Final Fantasy music. I can't buy FF music CDs in Australia and to get them online is hard to find and often very expensive. If I could buy them in Australia... I would... but I can't. Also, Napster is good to find songs that are hard to get or may be out of print now.

I can't see why they just can't let it continue the way it is... with Napster blocking access to the artists who complain, and letting the ones that don't mind still be downloadable.

Edit: FreakyLA... you sometimes get errors on Napster... just try again. It's cause people at the other end may be having internet problems or something. Also try to download from the good connections like T1, Cable and DSL. Avoid the slow connections.

Abe Babe...

[ April 29, 2001: Message edited by: Abe Babe ]

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-29-2001, 09:19 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

I tought because why I have a 56k modem i have to take the 56 k connection. It isn´t like that?

04-29-2001, 09:46 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

Now napster worked.
But I didn´t find the Imperial March (Star Wars) where can I find it. I searhed it with napster but no files matched. What can I do?

04-29-2001, 03:41 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

I almost cry when I hear "death of Aeris"

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-30-2001, 02:57 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
Originally posted by Osiris The Fleech:
I almost cry when I hear "death of Aeris"
That song is sad, but beautiful. I actually prefer that version to the original Aeris theme "Flowers in the Church".

When I first saw Aeris' death I did cry! But that was before I was a Sephiroth fan... but I think I will still be sad even though I like Sephy so much now!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-30-2001, 04:04 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

I hate her. She´s just annoying. And tiffa is annoying, too! Which song do you mean?

04-30-2001, 06:00 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Freaky, try iMesh. It's similar to Napster but it lets you get other types of files, not just music. I'm sure you could find what you want there, although it doesn't have quite as many users as Napster once did, it doesn't have to abide by the same copyright laws so you should be able to get your song with ease.
04-30-2001, 11:51 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

Thanz Pacen but now i have to download another software!

04-30-2001, 11:55 AM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

freakyLA  (11)

When I search for something with napster does it only search the files from the users who are online at that moment?