Who the heck is Prodi?

03-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

What the heck is Wikipedia?

03-03-2008, 07:18 AM
abe is now!
Mafia, Pizza & Mandolino

: Jan 2007
: Italy
: 2,825
abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)abe is now!  (2392)

Prodi is Italy's shame, believe me. And Lulu was Magog Cartel's shame before he became a Glockstar. And Italian politicians look like all the other Glukkons in the Auction Room of Vykker Labs.

03-26-2008, 04:41 AM
Sleeping Slig
Zappfly

: Aug 2005
: Australia
: 11
Sleeping Slig  (10)

LOL I know this is an old topic but I just had to reply to this..

-General Dripik = G.W.Bush

Idk why none of you mentioned this. It's pretty clear you all have a less then positive view of Bush, although im not here to argue about him, I must admit you guys were way off, his more like Dripik then anyone else.

Both of them are not too bright, Dripik makes mistakes in his speeches like bush does, both of them have large military forces under their command, and both of them have the back bone (or just plain stubborn) to stick with their plains dispite the current situation.

No one likes the war in iraq, and anyone with a large enough IQ would know Abe was a big enough threat, but both Bush and Dripik continued to do things their way, only difference is Bush won't end up being killed for his mistakes.
03-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

Except Dripik has never gone to war, never thought of attacking another land, never commanded his troops to invade another land for his own benefit, and never raised an issue about terrorism (or any, for that matter) even when Abe did his job at Rupture Farms. Sekto seems really accurate, even more so that Sekto raised a non-existant problem about the natives to get what he wanted.

03-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Sleeping Slig
Zappfly

Sleeping Slig  (10)

You bring up some very interesting points here, and I'll do my best to relate this to Oddworld.

First you say that Gen. Dripik has "never gone to war, never thought of attacking another land, never commanded his troops to invade another land for his own benefit"

Let's think about this one for a moment. His in command of the Slig Barracks. Every greedy or seedy expansion into Oddworld would require security that his Barracks would supply.
Everytime these greedy corperations invade land, capture Mudokons, these military forces were being provided by him. Just because he sits in an office and doesn't hang out on the field doesn't mean he isn't any less responsible.

How do you think Dripik has all his medals? Profit increase from organisations that hire his sligs, or he may even supply weapons and pants. (pants for sligs of course lol) You also said that Sekto seems to be the more accurate one and you go on to say that, "Sekto raised a non-existant problem about the natives to get what he wanted".

Problems are only non-existant when they don't affect you. Iraq is just one of many places in the world that required assistance from other countries long before 9/11. The issue you raise here is that Bush sent in the US military to get what he wanted, and helping out Iraq is just a secondary objective.

Well, I can agree with that. But let's be realistic here, since when has the majority of large scale organisations done anything for anyone without getting something out of it?

This is my own personal opinion here, but I don't think Bush is calling the shots like the media claim to be. If you have ever seen or read about the Kennedy tapes during the cuban missle crisis you'll know that people within the whitehouse have tryed to go around the president to get what they want.

This is why I find Gen. Dripik to be more like Bush, his concern is profits and he has the Sligs to achieve this. The real question you have to ask yourself here is if there is ever a moment in time when the 'profit' or goal becomes more important the lives of your soldiers..
For Dripik im sure thats never been an Issue, but for the United States, maybe.

Maybe Iraq isn't a huge mistake, or a cover-up. Maybe theres more to all of this then we know, or maybe not. Untill it's all over and we find out the truth, each to their own I say.
03-27-2008, 03:57 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

You’ve clearly put a lot of thought into this, Sleeping Slig. I have no doubt in my mind that Dripik is inspired by military politicians whose paranoia and/or greed drives them to command armies. Whether Bush fits this description I won’t comment. But Slaveless is right: the Slig Barracks have never been used in a war, and they don’t provide Sligs. Sligs are owned by the security companies run by the Slig Queens like Skillya, and leased directly to the Magog Cartel companies.

03-27-2008, 05:43 AM
Sleeping Slig
Zappfly

Sleeping Slig  (10)

Oh.. well that destoryed my arguement then.

I thought all sligs were sent to the Slig Barracks before they got employment.
So the Slig queens own the security companies and they provide all the sligs..

So how does the Slig Barracks fit into this? And how did the Slig barracks make any money? Im lost now.. lol
03-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

It’s never really been explained. Dripik makes profit, so my guess is that Sligs pay to train at the Barracks, or companies pay to have their employees undergo training.