04-22-2001, 03:57 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: Apr 2001
: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)
Jurassic Park

Are there any big JP fans in here like me? I love Jurassic Park, and I cant wait til July when JP3 comes out! It will be awesome. Tons of new Dinosaurs, and they return to Isla Sorna. Also, Dr. Grant from the first movie will star in this one, I was upset that he wasn't in the 2nd one.

Also, you know Mulder on Xfiles? His wife in real life stars in it, I cant remember her name. Anyways...There will be some JP3 games coming out for the Xbox so that will be awesome.

Edit : I changed this from Star Wars to JP because I didn't realize there was already a Star Wars topic! What are the odds?

[ April 22, 2001: Message edited by: Elum ]

04-22-2001, 03:59 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

Oh, one more thing. If you want up to date Jurassic Park stuff, visit www.dansjp3page.com, its the best. Ingennet.com is cool, but they are always behind on news.

04-22-2001, 05:24 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

i love JP! Malcom is my favorite character in both 1 and 2. Thougth after what hes been through he probably wouldn't touch JP3 with a mile long pole, eheh

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-22-2001, 11:14 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

What all has he been through?

I like Dr. Grant, he is cool. I also liked the photographer dude in the 2nd one, I cant remember his name.

Dragadon, I made you 2 dragon pictures, I think they are online now.

[edit: Oh...you mean what all he went through in both movies...or do you mean the actor himself?]

04-22-2001, 11:22 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

what he went through in the movies. BTW i couldnt get to that site you posted.

04-22-2001, 11:43 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

I love JP.... but the books we're better. The only thing I found that upset me is that Dr. Grant wasn't in the first one. That Jackass Malcome could have been replaced by grant anyday, and he got his chick! What's up with that!

04-23-2001, 12:52 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

The reason why grant was replaced by malcom was because grant had lost his job after the experience at JP.
Malcom was in the other story because his girlfriend was in the other island. I doubt that grant would come from no-where to save someone he doesn't know?

04-24-2001, 01:07 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

Do you remember Grants girlfriend in the first one? I think she makes a small camio in the 3rd..but they aren't married or anything which is weird. Its been over 7 years, and they aren't married. But the T-rex will not be the star of this one...a dinosaur called a Spinosaurus, which is cool and bigger than the T-rex shows up on Isla Sorna, and kills a T-rex. Also, Pteradons (the flying dinosaur at the end of the 2nd) will have a major role in this one.
www.ingennet.com www.jpdatabase.net www.dansjp3page.com

04-24-2001, 07:50 AM
Grid
Stingbee

: Goulburn, NSW, Australia
: 86
Grid  (23)

JP is awesome!!! The book was awesome. JP3 will be awesome...

Though there are lots of differences with the books. Since I know lots about JP I'll point some out, also for the benefit of those who have read the book and not seen the movie or vice versa.

SPOILER ALERT

If you plan on reading the first two
books or seeing the movies there are some spoilers in the following passages.

Jurassic Park: Grant is not Ellie's boy-friend in the book. Also
Gennaro is a much better character and survives. Wu dies, whereas in the movie he left before the action happened. Muldoon lives. Hammond dies *shock* A character not in the movie, Ed Regis, dies as well. Plus the ones from the movie, Nedry and Arnold. Also, lots more things happen when Grant, Tim and Lex make their way back to the control center eg they go down a river and have confrontations with T Rex and Ceradactyls. Compy scene from TLW movie was in the book.

The Lost World: Nowhere near as good as the original, but anyway, pretty damn different from the book (book was better IMHO)
Richard Levine and Jack Thorne weren't included unfortunately, replaced by Nick Van Owen(photographer guy) while Eddie Carter (I think that's his name, dude who lost his head to T Rex) stayed..or at least until he was killed. He died in the book also, via raptors. Bad guys were completely different. In the book. Dodgson, the guy who got Nedry to steal embryos (or at least try to) is the main baddie and gets killed. He has two accomplices also, King and George Baselton, replacing Roland Tembo and his big hunting team and also Hammond's son (can't think of his name)is not included in the book.

I think Jeff Goldblum is a brilliant actor and so is Sam Neill, and they should BOTH star in JP3. I can't wait.
04-24-2001, 10:30 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

What would be really cool if they did a scene from under water. I doubt that they had a JPSEAWORLD but wouldn't it be cool if a sub faced with a liplorodon?

04-24-2001, 10:07 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

Here's a T-Rex roar for ya, hehe:

[ April 24, 2001: Message edited by: Dragadon ]

04-24-2001, 10:44 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Heheh, the trex thing is cool. I thing underwater fights between subs and dinosaurs would be cool.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-25-2001, 12:58 AM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

I loved the JP books... my all time favorit books, But the movies did no justice.
I just hope that the 3rd movie is better the LW!
04-25-2001, 11:19 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

Actually..In JP3 there will be a water scene...they are out in a river or something, and these long necked dudes come out of the water attacking them.

04-25-2001, 11:52 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Ya, the books are mad diffrent from the movie. when I saw the movie in 92' or 94'? Man, I saw that in the movies with my girlfriend =). It pissed me off all the things that were diffrent!

04-26-2001, 12:14 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

Elum  (12)

actually..it was 93! lol