12-07-2007, 01:18 AM
dark_amethyst
Zappfly

: Dec 2007
: In front of my computer
: 2
dark_amethyst  (10)
In desperate need of help for Abe's Exoddus

I'm playing Abe's Exoddus (PC version, if that makes any difference) for the first time, and have been able to get through the game with relative ease until this point. I've been going through Bonewerkz, and I've just set all the boilers to blow up (I think - there's only five, right?). So the alarm is blaring, and I've come to the place where you have to run from the Slogs and such. Does that make sense?

I start on a platform above two or three Slogs behind a black-and-yellow barrier. I drop down on the other side of the barrier, crouch, and roll through a pink laser sensor, which drops the barrier down. I roll to the right and the Slogs follow me. In the next screen, another Slog is above me on a little platform behind another barrier. I roll through another laser, which drops that barrier down, and the additional Slog starts chasing me too. I keep rolling, through a kennel-tunnel thing into the next screen. The next screen is empty, except for the tunnel, which ends. When I get out of the tunnel, I start running instead of rolling. In the next screen, there is a tunnel running underneath a platform, and on the other side of the tunnel is a Slig, so I can't just roll on through (which is why I started running in the screen before). Above the platform is a sliding blade, and one of those hovering red lights that means you can't chant. So I run and catch onto the platform, pull myself up before the Slogs can maul me, and run to the next screen. In this screen, however, is a tunnel, so I have to stop, crouch, and roll through. The problem with this is that the Slogs keep chasing me, and don't give me enough time to do so.

I've tried a hundred times, it seems - stopping, dropping, and rolling in every space possible - but the outcome each time is that the Slogs kill me. Please, if anyone has any tips or help of any kind, I would be unspeakably grateful. I've read all the walkthroughs I could find, but none of them seemed to think this was an exceptionally difficult part. Am I just stupid? I really, really want to finish the game, and this is all that's impeding me. Please help? *puppy dog eyes*
12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Friendly Slig
Bolamite

: Sep 2007
: -
: 56
Friendly Slig  (13)

Hello Dark amethyst, welcome to the forums I see this is you first post here

You mean this one right? it is pretty easy so don't worry

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In the minute you reach the ledge, push the jump button quickly (while running, don't stop!) Because if you stop, the Slig will have enough time to shoot you
If you didn't try to jump while running before, then try it
12-07-2007, 03:30 AM
alf's brother's mate
Riot Slug

: Jul 2007
: Location Location
: 595
alf's brother's mate  (132)alf's brother's mate  (132)
Happy x and down

Yeah welcome to the forums and have a nice time!

Press x and down while running. This sends you straight into a roll.
12-07-2007, 11:36 PM
dark_amethyst
Zappfly

: Dec 2007
: In front of my computer
: 2
dark_amethyst  (10)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! That was EXACTLY what I needed!

Lol, I figured it would be something simple like that. I'd forgotten it was possible to quickly change from running to rolling, since it's not completely necessary to do so very much. Well, now I feel stupid....

Anyway, thank you both! Sligs, you goin' DOWN!
12-09-2007, 02:18 AM
alf's brother's mate
Riot Slug

: Jul 2007
: Location Location
: 595
alf's brother's mate  (132)alf's brother's mate  (132)

Hehehe have fun mr. amethyst!
12-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Paul
Outlaw Sniper

: Jun 2007
: MilkyWay
: 1,535
Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)Paul  (718)

The slig has a "wtf" expresion on its face