Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

04-29-2007, 01:24 PM
IloveHammy!
Sniper Wasp

: Jun 2006
: Anywhere but here
: 269
IloveHammy!  (10)

I'm just gonna give you guys my link to deviantART. It's too hard to post the same picture here and there both. So anyways... here it is... http://hiphopqueen333.deviantart.com/ If you have trouble looking at something or have any questions, just ask me. Preferably through pm please.

04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

Well-drawn. I think you draw very realistically.

If I had to give you a suggestion, though, I'd tell you to draw something a bit darker in nature, if only to see other styles of drawing you can have. Drawing the same happy things is all good and such, but you'll most likely improve better if you try to draw something out of your comfort zone.

For example, add a bit of grunge, or dirt to the pictures. Make detail that dosen't necessarily need to be in it. Tone down the happy-go-lucky a bit. I think we'll see that you can be even better than this, if you try something new.

Still, very good drawings.

Wrex.

04-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: Jan 2006
: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

You have an odd style of drawing Hammy, but that's in a good way mind you. You're drawings are really cute, great job!
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
ziggy
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2006
: Triland
: 981
ziggy  (137)ziggy  (137)

Hah, cool pictures! I see that your style makes everything cute

I agree with Mitsur to not make so many cutsie drawings. But I don't know about the adding dirt thing. :\

It's funny too because I drew a picture of the gorillaz on my thread here too, and I just stumbled onto this.

Last edited by ziggy; 05-10-2007 at 07:43 PM..
05-11-2007, 01:13 PM
IloveHammy!
Sniper Wasp

IloveHammy!  (10)

:
Hah, cool pictures! I see that your style makes everything cute

I agree with Mitsur to not make so many cutsie drawings. But I don't know about the adding dirt thing. :\

It's funny too because I drew a picture of the gorillaz on my thread here too, and I just stumbled onto this.
Yeah, I'll try to tone down the 'cuteness' of everything. It's really just a curse I have. I see something ugly, like Murdoc from the Gorillaz for example, and I feel this urge to make it all cute, cuddly and lovable! That was established in my avatar! He's so irrestistable in chibi version!

By the way, where is your Gorillaz picture? I wanna see it.
05-11-2007, 01:58 PM
ziggy
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2006
: Triland
: 981
ziggy  (137)ziggy  (137)

well, the link's in my sig

05-11-2007, 05:59 PM
IloveHammy!
Sniper Wasp

IloveHammy!  (10)

:
well, the link's in my sig
Oh, I see. Thank you! I commented on your Gorillaz pic. I thought it was really good. Murdoc looks cute and funny with his tounge stickin' out! I act just like that all the time.
05-13-2007, 06:54 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

I like what you're doing, even though you may not have much artistic skill (I'm only being honest). I disagree with Mitsur. There's enough crap in the real world and we don't need it in our art, in our dreams. I too would rather draw something good that makes me feel better than something dark that makes me feel nasty. Nice to know we agree on one point

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

05-13-2007, 08:15 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

:
I like what you're doing, even though you may not have much artistic skill (I'm only being honest). I disagree with Mitsur. There's enough crap in the real world and we don't need it in our art, in our dreams. I too would rather draw something good that makes me feel better than something dark that makes me feel nasty. Nice to know we agree on one point
Yes, but you are female, and do not feel the crushing rush of testosterone that comes from creating something that is dark and evil from yourself... Bwhahahaha!

Okay, on serious note. I didn't want her to make darker pictures for fun, I wanted to see her make darker pictures to challenge her comfort zone and thus improve her skill.

And I think ILH is becoming our resident priest. Havoc will have a cow....

Wrex.

05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

Oh, I think most everyone will have a cow.
But...

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy