05-02-2001, 05:23 AM
moodokon man
Howler Punk

: Apr 2001
: South Africa
: 302
moodokon man  (10)
P.C voting

Yo man I want you people to vote on this Who thinks they should put M.O on pc and who doesent, and how much do you think the xbox is going to cost and how much do you think the game is going to cost.Man please vote man.

vgaydon@iafrica.com

05-02-2001, 05:53 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

A pc needs to be upgraded almost constantly. An Xbox won't need te be upgraded and will last for enough years.

On your Xbox you'll be certain that the game works. Even if you can play MO on your pc now, it won't be good enough for the next game, I suppose.

I gonna get it for the xbox, but I'm not gonna stop them if they want to bring it out for PC.

05-02-2001, 11:23 AM
Banjo X
Chippunk

: 26
Banjo X  (10)

Im gettin it for xbox too, the pc version is probably gonna be worse, and if u need to upgrade it you'll spend more money on that then just buyin the Xbox. Its also gonna be eaiser to control. The Xbox is supposed to be between 200 and 300, 250 or 290 is expected.

05-02-2001, 04:34 PM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

: California, and Europe
: 120
Steel Shark 100  (11)

Hey Moodokon man,here's my take on you're question.

I will be playing MO the day it comes out, on the XBOX. For me it's on the American version. I will be in Europe this Fall, but will have my American version, and play it anywhere in the world.

I believe it should be on PC as well, however by the time it hits on PC the next generation of games will be coming. That will be something like September of 2002. Too long of a wait for me.

I am in the Biz of CG art for the movies and gaming industry, I have to have all the power possible, I upgrade every 3-4 months, I have to stay at the cutting edge.I have my computers overclocked to 1.5 to 1.7 gigs, I have 3 gigs of DDR memory, top Ge-force 3 cards and I'll still upgrade in about 3 months to the new Athlon codenamed Mustang, it never stops. My point is as good as MO will be on PC, I'm not waiting for it.

As for the price, here's my insider prediction. OK first off the PSX2 will be announcing a price cut at E3 in two weeks. It should be in effect shortly after. I believe that they will drop to $250. With Gamecube coming in at about $179 to $200,they will have to cut the margin. Now due to this XBOX will have to also come down on there initial price target. It costs XBOX $375 for each individual unit to be manufactured. They would have come in at $300 taking a loss.But because of the competition they must come down from that as well. It would be too much of a loss at $200,even for Bill "DOLLARS" Gates. So count on it to be at about $250.

Don't forget you get another DVD player, and five years of gaming from it.And MO is like 6 games in one, it is 200+ hours of gaming bliss.

Mo will cost you something like $45-$50, but if you want you can then re sell it for $25 after you're finished. Not bad huh, total cost will be $20-$25 for 200+ hours of fun.That's the cost of you and a date to go to one movie.

And don't forget you can rent games, so you can check out alot of titles for some extra fun. So get yourself an XBOX Moodokon man, you won't regret it.
05-02-2001, 04:55 PM
freakyLA
Outlaw Cutter

: Germany
: 1,042
freakyLA  (11)

Bonjo x do you men with 200 and on US Dollars? I hate that different countries, different language, different money...
I think the x box will coust as much as the PSX2 and the games too.

05-02-2001, 08:38 PM
iliodd
Thudslug

: Toronto
: 156
iliodd  (11)

It'll come to PC, but it'll be a mediocre port. I'm buying the Xbox not only for Munch, but for the host of other great titles plus the DVD player. They should make a PC version, to reach more people, but I'm not buying it.

05-03-2001, 02:26 AM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

Double post there, Iliodd,

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

05-03-2001, 05:21 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

:
I am in the Biz of CG art for the movies and gaming industry
Steel Shark, you should be in marketting! Everytime I begin to doubt whether or not it is worth getting an Xbox, you come along and convince me how great it is! You're Amazing!
11-10-2001, 11:54 PM
Oddness
Thudslug

: Nov 2001
: Australia
: 179
Oddness  (11)

I really want Munch's Oddysee, but there's no way I'm gonna get it if it's only on Xbox. Those things are far too expensive! I just keep hoping that Oddworld will decide to release it on PC.
11-11-2001, 10:16 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

for a second i thought that pacen started posting