Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

09-17-2001, 06:28 PM
Aimz the Glukkon Queen
Stunk

: Sep 2001
: Yeovil, Somerset, South-West England
: 49
Aimz the Glukkon Queen  (10)
So what's in your CD player at the moment?

What music have you been listening to recently? At the moment, I've been listening to Missy Elliott, Eve, Basement Jaxx, the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, Redman, the Matrix soundtrack and The Prodigy.

09-17-2001, 06:57 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

Being the freakishly obsessive classical musician that I am, I was just listening to Adiemus: Songs of Sanctuary, a popular new age group, and am now listening to the soundtrack for Walt Disney's "Atlantis".

09-17-2001, 07:24 PM
Pilot

: Apr 2001
: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

I don't have anything in my cd player at the moment, but I have the Doobie Brothers on my reel to reel tape recorder right now.

09-17-2001, 08:34 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

i usually listen to Yanni, Cusco, and movie soundtracks.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

09-17-2001, 10:50 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Since my computer doubles up as a CD player, what is in there now is Worms Amregeddon. Normally, I listen to the soundtrack from Worms Armegeddon, but since I have just found the whole MIDI soundtrack to Space Quest 6, I'm listening to that instead.
- DH

09-18-2001, 02:29 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Hey DH... I'm glad I'm not the only one who listens to video game music!!!

My CD player alternates between the FFVIII soundtrack and the FFIX soundtrack (each has 4 CDs). I had the FFVII soundtrack too, but it was scratched and I had to take it back, and am waiting for them to get me a replacement. And every so often I listen to Metallica's Reload or Load when I want something more hard rock.

At work I listen to a playlist of FF music ranging from the early games up to FFX (the whole playlist is over 10 hours long). My favorite tracks at the moment are some of the new ones from FFX. If you like FF music, check out...

- Suteki da ne (Japanese vocal)
- Silence before the Storm (I love this one!)
- Ending Theme (I love this one too, beautiful orchestrated piece)
- Yuna's Theme

And Otherworld... Nobuo Uematsu's first heavy metal track!!! Woo hoo!!!

And also FF:TSW Soundtrack, composed by Elliot Goldenthal. The Dream Within is a beautiful song (sung by Lara Fabian).

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

09-18-2001, 06:55 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i listen to lots of things, but i've mainly been listening to new stuff i've only got recently, so i've had 'Psyence Fiction' by Unkle in there a few times [i don't like dance music, but Psyence Fiction isn't really dance music, i don't know why all the shops keep it there], both Portishead albums [also found in the dance music section, for some bizarre reason], some Barenaked Ladies, and 'White Magic for Lovers' by Drugstore.

but of course i don't just listen to my new stuff, i listen to some of my favourite bands as well: Gomez, James, Radiohead, Ocean Colour Scene, Incubus, all sorts of things...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

09-18-2001, 01:14 PM
Cool Paramite
Outlaw Cutter

: Aug 2001
: The Netherlands
: 1,015
Cool Paramite  (28)

I do not listen to music so much, but when I listen to it, it's mostly Clannad: Legend.

09-18-2001, 01:19 PM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

I have too much CD's on my CD player. I hear Cosm!c Gate, Didgeman, Barthezz, Sylver and more! I love Techno and Trance, but i also love music like sound of silence (for example music of the harp).

09-18-2001, 04:41 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

Right now, as I type this, I'm listening to 'Oto' by Fluke. When I'm bored with it I'll put on 'In Cuna Bula' by Autechre.

I've got the Matrix s'track too, Aimz! It rules! My favourite track on it is 'Dragula'. I like Basement Jaxx and The Prodigy as well. I have all the Prodigy albums (including the limited edition version of Experience), and most of their singles (best one is Poison). Anyone else looking forward to their forthcoming album; Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned?

I mentioned FLuke earlier. They contributed two tracks to the WipEout 2097 soundtrack (Atom Bomb and the (sadly) WipEout -exclusive V6). They're a dance band, kind of a mix between breakbeat and ambient. Just the kind of music I like to make myself (I'm an amateur EJ, in case you're wondering).

I like all dance music in general, with the exception of the dance artists that lean towards the pop area (Kylie, Eternal, etc), and hip-hop artists. Dance artists that I like are Fluke (yeah, I think I established that), the Prodigy (that too), the Chemical Brothers, Autechre, Basement Jaxx, Orbital, Leftfield, the Space Raiders (who wrote the song Middlesboogie, from which I got my alter-ego), Rob Zombie, Rammstein, CoLD SToRAGE, Future Sound Of London, Jamiroquai and Photek.

I like classical music as well. My favourite artists are Gustav Holst, Percy Grainger and Antonio Vivaldi.

My favourite rock artists are the Beatles, Jean Michel Jarre (his music is part rock, part classical and part lush electronica. Great stuff), Eric Clapton (yes, he's jaz and blues and not rock, strictly speaking), Ry Cooder, Talking Heads, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Joe Jackson and Cornershop.

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: One, Two, Middlesboogie ]

09-19-2001, 04:52 AM
abe333
Riot Slug

: australia
: 598
abe333  (10)

limp bizkit and slipknot!!!
09-19-2001, 04:23 PM
Aimz the Glukkon Queen
Stunk

: Sep 2001
: Yeovil, Somerset, South-West England
: 49
Aimz the Glukkon Queen  (10)

Well, to be honest, I listen to a bit of everything. At the moment I'm in a rap/r'n'b kind of mood, like Missy Elliott, Eminem, Whitney Houston, Eve, Dr. Dre, TLC, Kelis, Lil' Kim etc. I also listen to a lot of rock, indie, pop, dance, even teenybopper pop, I confess already!! At the moment I've got Britney Spears' new song stuck in my head (I like her music, I just hate her as a person - she's such a stuck up tart! Bit like Christina Sluttyleira, then).

09-19-2001, 04:35 PM
One, Two, Middlesboogie
Outlaw Sniper

: Dec 2000
: upside down in a toilet bowl
: 1,552
One, Two, Middlesboogie  (10)

:
Originally posted by Aimz the Glukkon Queen:
Bit like Christina Sluttyleira, then).
I normally call her 'Christina Crapaleira'! And I call Britney 'Shitney' because I think she's a catty little sow as well!

09-20-2001, 12:58 AM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)

at this very moment i have green day in my cd player (ablum nimrod in case ure wonderin) and i like their other albums dookie and warning. in fact i like all their albums! theyre my #1 favorite band. 2nd comes blink 182. third comes (yes abe333) limp bizkit.

09-20-2001, 09:03 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

good riddance: one for the braves

super punkrock, and this sunday they come to Belgium and no way I'm gonna miss that concert!

09-20-2001, 02:09 PM
Anny
Fuzzle

: Aug 2001
: oddworld
: 114
Anny  (10)

I like listenin to game music too,mmm lets see:I like the music off this crap Sega game
called streets of rage i even made up words for it !

09-20-2001, 11:51 PM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)

yah good riddance is a damn goodie. i like prosthetic head too !

09-21-2001, 07:55 AM
TheBlueScrab
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2001
: Germany
: 735
TheBlueScrab  (11)

Hi
at the moment my cd - player play german hip hop (Samy Deluxe, Söhne Mannheims)and R.Kelly!

Bye
Why don´t you come and play, I guarantee you a great big smile.
I come from the imagination, and I´m here stricly by your invocation..so what´d you say?
Why don´t we dance a while?
Cause' I know what you feel boy.
I know just what you feel boy.
You call me and I come a-runnin.
I turn the music on I bring the fun in.

I can bring whole city`s to ruin, and still have time to get a soft shoe in.

Now, we´re partying, that´s what it´s all about!