noticed it a few months ago.

12-12-2006, 09:06 AM
glokstar
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Budapest, Hungary
: 112
glokstar  (10)

i think it is not a good idea to find a reason for the glowing eyes of Glukkons because there are no creatures on earth of which we know of, that would have such eyes. Spirrow's fish are not the same i think. they dont glow the same way. besides, most night creatures stopped relying on their sight through evolution. they usually have other senses that are very developed. therefore, i dont think that the eyes of glukkons glow so that they can see better. im going for the stick-to-the-ground idea: Lorne and crew thought it looked cool and left the idea in the games.

as i now get femiliar with the forums, i see that so many of u get into such detailed explanation on why this and that is on oddworld. and i really think that is good. nice imagination. but dont forget that this is unfortunately a game after all and in order to make it effective some extreme things need to be included which are not necessarily logical. now, the OW series still holds the first place for me in detailed story parts that do not contradict, and this is the game which has the least unexplainable effects to it and still maintain popularity.

Edit: Just found a picture of Tex the gluk. Look closely: he HAS NO Ears. I think its a simple mistake, unless he is the Van Gogh of OW what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	198.8 
ID:	6902  

Last edited by glokstar; 12-13-2006 at 09:08 AM..
12-16-2006, 03:31 AM
Spirrow
Grubb Fisherman

: May 2006
: Where the rain don't go...
: 946
Spirrow  (25)

Actually, I think I can vaguely make out his ear. It's that dark blotch right
on top of the shoulderblade of his suit.

12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

Yes, he does have ears. Every glukkon has ears. Glukkons just sometimes move their ears closer to their heads. In case ya haven't noticed, their ears are very flexible

12-17-2006, 03:50 AM
glokstar
Fuzzle

glokstar  (10)

:
It's that dark blotch right
on top of the shoulderblade of his suit.
Nope, sorry, thats not it. If u whatch the movie you see its only a shadow.

And yes, i know all Glukkons have big, flexible ears. That gives them this funny/stupid look that actually grabs me. Im shure Tex doesnt have ears, and i dont think its because of an OW thing. It is a possiple mistake made by the graphics designers in OWI. Im sure they realized, but thought the large sombrero will cover this mistake.

Trust, me, if u look at the movie at the end of MO closely whatching only Tex, you will see im right.

The best Glukkon to look at, that examplifies the way Glukkons pull their ears back is Dir. Phleg. Tex doesnt pull his ear back that way, im pretty sure. Until u whatch the movie again look at this pic:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	noears.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	75.2 
ID:	6925  

View my art

Last edited by glokstar; 12-17-2006 at 03:53 AM..
12-17-2006, 04:04 AM
dripik_12
Outlaw Cutter

: Jun 2006
: Europe-Slovakia-Fülek
: 1,165
dripik_12  (18)

you're right! Tex don't has ears I can't see it too

12-17-2006, 04:53 AM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

Did you perhaps take lighting into account? The shadows could possibly be making his ears difficult to see.

Also, if OWI did indeed forget to give him ears, and knew about it, they wouldn't just cover the mistake up. They'd fix it.

12-17-2006, 06:00 AM
glokstar
Fuzzle

glokstar  (10)

God... just look at those pics and the video.
Its impossible that its only me who sees it...

I have spotted this since he firs tim i saw this movie and whatched it like 50 times since than. I still cant see the ears. Im surprised too, about OWI not fixing them but i cannot find other logical explonations.

I seem to be alone with my opinion... But im so sure of it... god its annoying

Edit: Now look in the last pic i showed u: look at the Big Chese behind Tex. Look at the size of his ears and look at the size of any glukkon ears. Now look at tex from the side view... Its so true!!! Do you guys seriously think that is easily hidden by shadows? Look at Lulu, he has the hat but his ears are clear to see.

Edit 2: Ok. Look at this close-up with high exposure, do not consider the quality. Isnt it obvious?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	noearscrop.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	161.4 
ID:	6928  

View my art

Last edited by glokstar; 12-17-2006 at 06:19 AM..
12-17-2006, 06:26 AM
dripik_12
Outlaw Cutter

: Jun 2006
: Europe-Slovakia-Fülek
: 1,165
dripik_12  (18)

yep! I still can't see it!

12-17-2006, 07:23 AM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

:
God... just look at those pics and the video.
Its impossible that its only me who sees it...

I have spotted this since he firs tim i saw this movie and whatched it like 50 times since than. I still cant see the ears. Im surprised too, about OWI not fixing them but i cannot find other logical explonations.

I seem to be alone with my opinion... But im so sure of it... god its annoying

Edit: Now look in the last pic i showed u: look at the Big Chese behind Tex. Look at the size of his ears and look at the size of any glukkon ears. Now look at tex from the side view... Its so true!!! Do you guys seriously think that is easily hidden by shadows? Look at Lulu, he has the hat but his ears are clear to see.

Edit 2: Ok. Look at this close-up with high exposure, do not consider the quality. Isnt it obvious?
Okay, first of all, the quality of that image is awful. Second of all, I see the ear in that one. His ears must be much closer to his head, though, since they don't seem to stretch out that much.

12-17-2006, 03:06 PM
glokstar
Fuzzle

glokstar  (10)

:
Okay, first of all, the quality of that image is awful. Second of all, I see the ear in that one. His ears must be much closer to his head, though, since they don't seem to stretch out that much.
Well first of all i still dont see it im sorry, and second of all that was the only way i could make the image larger and brighter.

:
I see the ear in that one.
How do u know its his ear? Look if uve seen a glukkon before u should know that their ears are huge. There are no Glukkons with small ears close to their heads. That mark is one of the things that makes a Glukkon a Glukkon.

And one more point: Why would OWI bother with making such distinction on Tex's body? First of all, its barely visible that he has "small ears", second of all he is not a very important character in the game.
12-17-2006, 08:04 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

:
How do u know its his ear? Look if uve seen a glukkon before u should know that their ears are huge. There are no Glukkons with small ears close to their heads. That mark is one of the things that makes a Glukkon a Glukkon.

And one more point: Why would OWI bother with making such distinction on Tex's body? First of all, its barely visible that he has "small ears", second of all he is not a very important character in the game.
I'm well aware that glukkons usually have very big ears. However, after reviewing MO's good ending, I found out that I was right about Tex's ears. Apparently, they are very stubby. Once again, you can hardly see them because of the lighting in the movie, but when he turns his head as he says "I can't beat that! I can't beat that...", you can see that his ears are indeed present, and that they're very stubby. Unfortunately, my computer is a piece of crap, and I can't produce an image of this, but if you watch it, you might be able to catch it if you look closely.

Also, as I've said before, OWI would not, and iI repeat would not just ignore a detail like that. First of all, when they developed the character, the designer wouldn't have just said, "Hmmm...I think I won't give him ears. Yeah, that's a good idea,. I'm sure that nobody will catch it" and purposely left out Tex's ears. It doesn't matter whether he is an important character or not. It just doesn't work that way. They have to create a model of the character first, before they create the movies, let alone the game, and in doing so, they have to stick to the character's or creature's original design. This means that the ears would have to be present, and if not, someone would notice the error, and correct it.

There you go. End of sermon.

12-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Spirrow
Grubb Fisherman

: May 2006
: Where the rain don't go...
: 946
Spirrow  (25)

Does this make anyone any happier?

Snuzi, it looks like you lost all your post from our little spamfest
in The Ban Game thread. No problem with me.

Edit:
Damn it, I guess everyone did. Must be a great job for Searex,
Alcar or one of the moderators.

12-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Da Big-Cheese
Chippunk

: Somewhere out there...
: 31
Da Big-Cheese  (10)

Tex's Ears could be behind his large head, or just really small

01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Mudukon Shaman
Zappfly

: Jan 2007
: Australia
: 10
Mudukon Shaman  (10)

Back to the pullution, Mudokons change colour due to their Mood. but then again most mudokons are green. in the firsdt one u will find that 2 of them are in shadows. they have squeeky voices and are brighter green.