Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

07-31-2006, 04:55 AM
sketch
Bolamite

: Jul 2006
: Sheffield, U.K
: 56
sketch  (10)

well turns out I have Autism, I have Asperger's syndrome and Dyspraxic tendencies
07-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Primus inter pares
Stingbee

: Mar 2006
: Denmark
: 76
Primus inter pares  (10)

what is dyspraxia
07-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

I want to amputate both of my 'wedding fingers'. Well, my 'wedding' and 'engagement' fingers, rather.

I'm pretty sure this makes me autistic, too.

edit: Also, stop diagnosing yourselves based on some website you skimmed for ten minutes. Leave that sort of thing up to a trained physician and stop trying to jump on the mental retardation bandwagon.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-01-2006, 12:38 AM
sketch
Bolamite

sketch  (10)

:
what is dyspraxia
It means I'm not good at sports, I'm slightly clumsy and it also explains why I can't ride a bike....

:
stop diagnosing yourselves based on some website you skimmed for ten minutes. Leave that sort of thing up to a trained physician and stop trying to jump on the mental retardation bandwagon.
and a proffesional at my college diagnosed me....
08-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

Oh. My. God. They've got a euphimism for lack of sporting ability? ****ing christ. What ever happened to personality traits?

08-01-2006, 03:18 AM
sketch
Bolamite

sketch  (10)

I know it's great
08-01-2006, 07:48 AM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

: Sep 2004
: Florida
: 1,178
AquaticAmbi  (10)

Gosh, I wish I had known that term as an excuse when I was still in grade school... PE was so humiliating; that ridiculous word would have came in handy.

Hah, I'm with Super Munch on this one though. The inability to ride a bike is not a condition/disorder/whatever.

08-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyspraxia

I really shouldn't have read that myself; I now have one more condition with which to diagnose myself.

Sections of note include:
:
This disorder causes an individual to be clumsy to the point of knocking things over and bumping into people accidentally. Tripping over one's own feet is also not uncommon, as is a poor sense of balance in general.

Some people with this condition have poor spatial awareness in that it may be difficult to determine the speed and position of a particular object, such as potentially a baseball. Dyspraxics may also have trouble determining the distance between them and other objects.

Dyspraxic people may have Sensory Integration Dysfunction, a condition that creates abnormal oversensitivity or undersensitivity to physical stimuli, such as touch, light, and sound [citation needed]. This may manifest itself as an inability to tolerate certain textures such as sandpaper or certain fabrics, or even being touched by another individual (in the case of touch oversensitivity)... An aversion to loud music and naturaly loud environments (such as clubs and bars) is typical behavior of a dyspraxic individual who suffers from auditory oversensitivity.

Dypsraxics (along with people who have similar conditions on the Autistic spectrum) may have difficulty sleeping since there is an inability to force the brain to stop thinking and "shut down"[citation needed]. A dyspraxic is nearly always thinking about several unrelated things at once,
All of which applies to me quite nicely. I only hesitated when I read
:
Dyspraxia... has been believed to affect 8% to 10% of all children
Which seems like an unusually high incidence for a condition that would make someone abnormal.
:
A dyspraxic is nearly always thinking about several unrelated things at once, (the inverse is also possible, with only one dominant thought occupying the dyspraxic's entire attention span at any given time)
Which wonderfully covers all bases, I think.

08-03-2006, 05:12 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

:
Yes and let it fester there where it will one day become a mental illness.

Hmmm, I was diagnosed with ADHD. Because of this I was put on the learning support list. One day someone found out and told everyone about it. Since then I have been regarded as a sped and treated as if I were mentally weak.

It's not that people with these conditions like ADD are stupid. I mean, I prefer to think of them as people who are willing to see all the options available at the time. In my beliefs, most of the 'slow' kids aren't in their positions because they're stupid, it's because they just lack motivation. I could care less if I nod off every once and a while. I've meditated some of the greatest things possible about lifea and probably wouldn't have been possible without my so called condition. It's more of a gift rather than a weakness in actuality.
my English teacher had ADD, and she's brilliant.

AS for me, I don't think I have any real mental differences. Some might think otherwise. But for all I know, I have none. Though I don't have that Dyspraxia crap, i.e. I can ride a bike. without hands, for hours on end

Last edited by Abeguy; 08-03-2006 at 05:22 AM..