02-01-2006, 05:40 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

: Dec 2004
: Minnesota
: 346
sliguy101  (10)
Operation: Railroad Rundown

Having hopes of getting the Oddworld RPG forum back in shape, I decided to crate 'Railroad Rundown'. May not be as popular as 'W@RP', but I'll do the best I can at making this creative and enjoyful.

'MAIN STORY'
------------
In Oddworld, many ancient ruins and temples have been circled by old spirits that guide heroes and tell storys of their past. They reward people who avenge their deaths, and bless them with a place for their very own in the 'Temple of a Thousand Sands' as they call it. The paranormal look down on the future citizens and creatures of Oddworld.

But the word of the paranormal spirits seemed now to strike fear for villagers in 'Transville', also known as the city of agony. After a few years the town was built, an army of Sligs invaded the town and had built a railroad station right next to it. This irritated its townspeople and natives, for Transville was in a santuary area. That means anything built in it cannot be harmed and/or tinkered with. But the Industrals never listened. Transville was a calm town with any kind of Native living in it. It had pubs, tea shops, friendly townsfolk, storyteller, festivals, and everything else all in a lustous forest surrounded by delicious Spooce. But now, the town was forced to take action.

They had planned out an attack at the railroad station. They said that it was the perfect plan, and had been training the army for over a half a year. Their army was consisted of various villagers, farmers, and peasants, whom were taught to use hand-made weapons to go into battle with metal machine guns and advanced technology. But once the battle started, over 90% of the militia was killed in a matter of minutes, and few were able to evacuate the site. Only a few townsfolk from Transville surrvived, and the Industrals had won that battle.

Yet not all was well a week after the battle. The Industrals running the railroad had an eerie mood that something was coming. Also, a few industrals had a few sicknesses and diseases after the fight. They knew that something bad was going to happen real soon.

And something did. Something really awful. A month after the battle, at late night, a rush of blood-curling screaming came out near the railroad. One of the railroad workers looked out into the distance, and found a rush of light-blue wind coming towards the railroad. Right before he could yell for help, he breathed in the fumes, and shortly died and fell to the ground. All of the Industrals working there had died, too. The gas went inside one of the trains. The gas seemed to scream again, and the train dissapeared. One of the Tranville Evacuees witnessed it, and that eyewitness was absolutely horrified. The gas must have been the Transville Army that had fallen, and they hungered for vengence.

To this day nobody is no longer allowed in the town of Tranville, or near the railroad. Because one time, a Steef had gone there to take a look at the deserted town. There was just empty buildings that had no purpose, for all the friendly people who lived in it were gone. Suddenly, a whistling sound of a train came. It was a ghostly train that was speading near the deserted town. The Steef screamed as the train went right through him. Nothing had happened, and the town wasn't destroyed. But the Steef collapsed on the ground, and he layed in a pool of his own blood.

The paranormal can no longer be trusted. The time has come to know the truth. Are the spirits out to get us? What do they want, and why are they vengful?

Well, worry no more! A team has come to solve this strange mystery, and to put an end to these spirits once and for all. Some of them are Tranville Evacuees, and some of them are long-time supporters. They are fearless, and will stop at nothing to end madness. Welcome to the world of Operation: Railroad Rundown.

(kinda sounds like an Oddworld version of X-Files, doesn't it? )

WORLD DESCRIPTION:
--------------------

This entire RPG world will be set near the ruins of Tranville, where the old railroad stands. This railroad and town are in a forest, so just keep that in mind. The railroad stretches long and wide, five times as long as the forest itself. The angry spirits haunt these places, and they won't take visitors going into this property kindly. The team will start out in the deserted Transville, where they will start their investigaton. Then, they'll move on following the railroad to where it ends, and shall look for clues there. It'll lead them to strange discoveries, and new beliefs and urban legends.

Onto the character description. Your character is a very unique part of the story, so try to make him/her the best you can. You may have more than one character, and a maximum of three.
------------------------------------------------
NAME: (The name of your character. First and Last)
SEX: (Male or Female)
AGE: (The age of your character. Can be in human years from 18-90)
RACE: (Can be any native race. Grubb, Mudokon, Steef, etc.)
WEAPON: (What does your character use as a weapon, or weapons)
GEAR: (What is your character wearing?)
DESCRIPTION: (What does your character look like? Tall, short, fat, etc.)
PERSONALITY: (How does your character act. Is he strong, angry, happy, etc.)
BIOGRAPHY: (Tell us the backstory of your character.)
-------------------------------------------------
-NOTE- (Extra characters of your can be made during the RPG)

Now, time to lay down a few rules.

-Try to be active during the RPG. TRY.-

-Keep up with the storyline.-

-Do not embarras other peoples characters.-

-Be serious about the RPG. Don't add: 'OMG AND THEN A BIG CANNON COME uP aNd SHOT a HAPPY bomB at th3m and they DIed t3h 3nd!'-

-One liners are NOT ALLOWED. Make your posts long if you can.-

And as for typing out the story, make it like your writing a book. Example:

Bob walked on the hard ground, shuddering in fear. He saw a ghost starring at him. Bob took out his gun and tried to shoot the ghost, but the bullent went right through.

"WE HUNGER FOR VENGENCE." The ghost said.

Bob screamed, dropped his gun, and ran off into the distance.

That's pretty much all there is too it. We'll start the RPG when three people join, and then I shall start it off.

MY CHARACTER:

NAME: Kealton Olsko

SEX: Male

RACE: Mudokon

WEAPON: A staff with bright ruins encarved in it.

GEAR: Wears a black leather vest, along with a colorful Kilt that he made himself. Also has a white hood in which only his eyes are shown.

DESCRIPTION: Taller than normal Mudokons. His eyes are a light-green color. His appearence is more that meets the eye. Under his clothes are tribe marks known as 'The Rweloy Tribe', whom prayed to the sea creatures of Oddworld, in which he had grown up to love.

PERSONALITY: Has a calm voice, and is always willing to be helping out other people. Yet sometimes when he sees innocent people die, it'll dicuss him and cause him to go into a blind rage. Had a lot of friends in his life, and couldn't stand to be alone. He is now a prophet, whom has blessed other people and has cured diseases off sick children. Loves being near the Sea, for it has been his life.

BIOGRAPHY: Ever since his birth, Kealton prayed at the Ocean near his past village, and always listen to its whispers. He had been called blessed. When he was a teen, he started his life adventures, and was very couragous. HE was good in strength, too. But that didn't mean he could stop by a nearby temple and pray for his heroes and family. He left his village at 17 (human years) and moved to a cabin near a large lake. There, he raised various Sea Creatures of Oddworld and helped them grow up. He still visits his parents, and takes some time to adventure to different lands as well. One day, he heard about the incident at Transville, and was outraged to hear about it. Desperate to regain its superior spirit, he held up an expodition to put the spirits to rest, and to rebuild the town known as the real Transville.
02-01-2006, 07:50 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jan 2006
: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

WOO!!! another RPG! I'm joining. Er.. as soon as I have time

02-01-2006, 07:51 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

Sounds pretty good sligguy. I'll add my new character to this, so people know who he is in the runeblade chronicles. (Short fan fic i'm working on. It's not released yet, but soon will be.)

Name: Jakob Tomahawk

Sex: Male

Race: Mudokon

Weapon: A massive blade, like the pyramid heads in SH have, except covered in glowing neon blow runes along its length. (Check bottom of post for a pic of a pyramid head.) Also uses backup knives.

Gear: Orb of Light (Baseball-sized glass ball covered in leather, except for one area, so it is like a flashlight. In the inside there is a scrap of sunlight that was enchanted into it.), Mail-backed leather clothes, several distraction grenades, and a visor like the sligs, with giger-counter, infrared, and thermal settings.

Description: Has short, cropped, brown hair. He is tall, but not overly so, just enough to give him an edge in battle. He is also skinny. His eyes are blue, and he has long fingers. His back has a tatto of a scrab and paramite attacking each other, and another tatto of what looks like Bigface's mask on his chest. When he fights, it is said that the tattos seem to shimmer slightly. His eyes show suppresed pain.

Personality: He is a usually kind and happy person. He always trys to keep people positive about something, since he has seen firsthand how badly a battle can go when the team isn't 'feeling it'. When he is angry, however, he is brutally ruthless. The sligs who killed his family learned that firsthand. Fiercly loyal, he will defend even a former friend he has not seen in years.

Biography: Born into an average family that lived near around Tranville in the wild, Jakob did not know much about the war. His parents caught the defensive fever, and ran off to fight, believing that they were defending there son. They left him only in the care of the elderly shaman of the villiage, who was named Tree-talker. His mother died in the battle, but his father stumbled home with mortal wounds. After two days of caring for him, four sligs broke down the door to, as they said, 'finish the job'. After a brief struggle, in which Tree-talker was shot and his father's throat slit, Jakob tackled two of the sligs and was restrained. Nothing beyond this is know, except from the facts found in a later reprt made by a paramite-hunter who had found the sligs body:

"Now, the body were really torn up, and so at first I thought some poor bastards had been caught in the open. I looked closer, though, and it looked like someone had ripped them apart using only their hands. It spooked me well, it did."

Later investigation revealed that Jakob had apparently gone into a muderous rage, broke free from the bonds, and hurled himself at the leader. He then promptly tore apart the other three. Jakob will not reveal how he got his runeblade. The only hint given is that he found it somewhere in the deepest reaches of the Sanctuary.

I've written enough for now, I'll get onto the beginning later. Heres the pyramid head:

Wrex.

Last edited by mitsur; 02-02-2006 at 03:03 PM..
02-02-2006, 02:00 AM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)
Happy

OOC: For people who don't know what this means OOC is Out of Character, used for talking to members in the RPG, not characters . Nice RPG. I'll add my character and we can get started. By the way, I'll be releasing my own RPG soon.

Name: Atros Grenn

Sex: Male

Species: Mudokon "crossed" with Steef (It's a long story)

Weapons: Long retractable wristbaldes which he desingned in his spare time and other small hidden knives.

Gear: Except for his many types of knives, he has an emerald necklace which he wears for protection from his ancestors. He also wears a thick brown jacket and specially designed pants made to resist very severely cold weather. He also wears heavy leathewr boots and leather gloves.

Description: Atros is a very large mudokon and he is harier than normal mudokons his face also has a stanger shape and he has long hair. As mentioned above he wears a lot of protection against weather and other things. He has large green eyes and a strangely kind voice.

Personality: Atros is a kind and merciful person at most times. He isn't happy all the time but he doesn't like to act like a tough guy either. His courage and bravery is only fueled by power and doing honorable deeds. Atrros isn't really a technological person. He believes life can be better without lots of complications. He is very spiritual.

Biography: Atrros was born in a village under Glukkon tyrrany. The village was located in the far north of Mudos. His mother was a steef and his father was a mudokon. He never really thought that there aren't a lot of crossed species on Oddworld. Atros spen most of his time in the local temple. He prayed a lot and he was a shy child. At the age of 13 a great storm was predicted by one of the mudokon shamans. The sligs called him insane andbeat him to death. A day later a great snow storm came and killed everyone except Atros, who happened to be playing in a cave near a large fire which he made. Now he trtravels thorugh Mudos, searching for answeres and protecting the weak and innocent.

OOC: OK, we can start now .

Last edited by oddveteran93; 03-01-2006 at 11:21 PM..
02-02-2006, 03:50 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Yeah, looks good now.)

It was a warm afternoon, and the amber sun was going to set anytime now. Kealton knew that was when the real problems were goanna start. Him and his expodition were near Tranville, where they would start investigating. But Kealton already had thoughts of fear for whsiper of chanting had already come into his ears. He and the others huddled together and and made up a plan.

"Alright." Kealton started out. "Right before we go in we need to make up some ground rules. First off, we always split up for searches of places like this. We meet back soon to tell our information of this place. Second, just because I'm the leader of this thing doesn't mean you can give me commands as well. I'm just fine with that. Third, I don't want anyone leaving while this expodition is going on. Do so, and I'll find you and make you come back. That's about it. Are there any questions?"

(OOC: Short for my first post, but I got school soon. I'll make my next one longer.)
03-01-2006, 10:36 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

: Feb 2006
: The shivering isles!
: 441
outlaw king  (10)
Happy

Oh great , id love to join this! Trains is my speshulty!

Name : skraglet
Sex : male
Species : Outlaw ( the short kind like filthy hands floyd NOT like blisterz booty )
Weopons : outlaw rifle and handgun modified to shoot ghosts.
Carrys : notebook , fountain pen , pocket watch , fedora polish , and " spat greener " ( for getting your spats there greenest ) lung busters.
Wears : A heavy detectives trenchcoat ( brown ) with a matching fedora , under this he has a black suit , he wears green spats .
Occupation : Skrags has been ordered by the government to file a raid report on tranville , he has a ckrack team of outlaw detectives following him.
Backstory : Skraglet was once a normal outlaw bodyguard to filthy hans floyd , but when stranger came and did battle with floyd , he ran away . The government caught him on the lam and turned him into a very succesful secret service agent , for some weird reason , he has an obsession with cigarettes and green spats , he neaver leaves without a chunky pack of lungbusters.

The throaty war of buggys cxame from the horizon as skraglet and his retinue smashed into tranville , he wasnt the most subtle at entrances.

" Alrights yer yoofs , fall out , and remember , set yer rifles to ghost kill if any of 'em tries to attack ya . Well regroup later down near the old conducters lounge , NOW BUGGER OFF! " he yelled .

Skraglet leaned against his favourite raid buggy , " the eucoliptus " and lit up a nice long lunbuster . He pulled out his notebook and started writing about the environment . Then , after smoshing his cigarette in the ground , he set of to investigate the elevator that was quite close to him.

OOC : I edited this to suit the writing style of the rpg

Last edited by outlaw king; 03-02-2006 at 09:43 AM..
03-01-2006, 11:20 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

Welcome to this RPG Outlaw King. We've just started (dunno where Slig Guy is) but anyway...Welcome and uh... please trty to use the "storylineing mode". as in, instead of Skraglet : okays you wise guys , get off and search out , well regroup and report in about half owas time in that abandoned maitenance hut , set your rifles to " ghost extermination " AND GET MOVIN! you could change it to:
Okays you wise guys , get off and search out , well regroup and report in about half owas time in that abandoned maitenance hut , set your rifles to " ghost extermination " AND GET MOVIN!, Skraglet yelled. Or something like that. Actually Sliguy should probably tell you what type of RPG this is seeing how he made it; so you probably shouldn't listen to me. Just givin ya a few tips is all.

P.S. You should also probably put in a backstory for Skraglet so we know how he is and stuff like that.

Last edited by oddveteran93; 03-01-2006 at 11:23 PM..
03-02-2006, 04:31 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OOC: Sliguy101, I'm actually very proud of you You started off as a total newbie, and now look at this... I really like the concept of this RP, also you have developed your RPing skills alot. I really think you are the only one to have grown from a newbie to a very decent Roleplayer. I think you'd deserve an award for that XD Kudos to you for that. Just thought I'd show you my apreciation
I might join later, but I'd liek to see how this'll turn out
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

03-02-2006, 05:21 AM
sligco
Thudslug

: Jul 2004
: slig baracks
: 191
sligco  (10)

can I join

pop:
Race: slig
Weapons: 2 machine guns and a hand gun
personality:dumb
description:looks like a normal slig
Bio:he has hidrolics in his pants(alowing him to jump)made by vykkerz to make some money and tested whith pop and they let him keep them him and his boss travel the land

general zipzap:
Race: glukkon
Weapons:none
description:black glockstar suit and maching hat whith medals
personality:dumb and tough
Bio:he was the executive of the sligbarracks and is a glockstar but he was fired for an unknown reason and now him and his assistant pop wonder the land

Last edited by sligco; 03-07-2006 at 05:05 PM..
03-02-2006, 09:51 AM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)

Skraglet gaze up in awe at the elevator shaft , and how high it went , suddenly he had a vision . It was of someone running like hell , BUT HE HAD GREEN SPATS!
Then , he heard a growl and the vision ended .

What the hell was that all about? Skraglet thought to himself , the he heard a loud growl , and a scream . Shocked , he went to investigate . Upon entering the boiler room , he found a dead agent , bleeding , but there was no visible cuts . Skraglet took out a lungbuster , and taking small puffs , he calmed down a little . He pulled out his notebook , and took notes on the body , Then he moved out .

Then he heard the main gates beginning to open.

A GHOST! he screamed ( even though it wasnt , it couldve bben kelton or something else ) And bolted himself into the engineers quarters . Smoking a lungbuster , he peeped out the window.

03-02-2006, 11:08 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OCC: Thank you for taking my advice Outlaw King. Since I've finished a lot of my critical work I'll be posting soon.

03-03-2006, 01:01 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)

Suddenly Skraglet had another vision . He was looking through the eyes of one of his best agents , who was runnung franticaly into the elevator shaft , rapidly pressing the door close button , a huge blue figure went right through the closed door , and straight through the agent , the vision ended.

This scared the hell out of skraglet , then he heard a frantic yell , saw one of his agents running into the elevator shaft , and then he saw a big blue ghost fly straight through the closed door. There was a lot of screaming , but then the screaming stopped.

Skraglet was white with fear , he kept puffing on his lungbuster until it was finished , he then ran over to the elevator shaft , swung open its doors , and saw a mutilated agent lying dead on the ground. The raid wasnt going very well so far. Skraglet read his pocket watch. 11:45 PM it said.

Skrags got on his walkie talkie and told all the agents to regroup immediatley .

03-03-2006, 03:59 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

Atross traveled up the hill. After a few minutes he rached the top and looked down. He hoped to see one of the natives' villages but instead he saw a large industrial building. Judging by the railroads going through it and a de-railed indrustrial train, it was probably an abandoned train station. Atross did see a couple of native huts they were also abandoned. There was an eerie feeling to the place, but needing a place to sleep for the night he continued downhill to the train station.

The air around was cold and dirty. Atross started running downhill because it was already night and it had just started raining. He entered the main building but stopped in his trtracks as he heard a horrifying scream. Atross wanted to he what it was, but he was too tired. He lay down on a couple of old rusty chairs and fell asleep.

03-03-2006, 04:10 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)

Skraglet gathered his team up , they were all confused on what the hell was going on.

Skraglet scrambled on top of a box of monkey wrenches. " Guys , something eerie is happening , And i think that there are a little more ghosts than expected here " He yelled nervously.

" Yeah baus , rusty and daniel are both ded! " An agent replied with horror .

Skraglet gazed down upon what was left of his agents , there were only about 30 left . Each one with a scared and horrified gaze on there faces . " Alright , lets dissasemble the place! spread out , keep on your toes , and get looking for LIVING species , if you find anyone capture them and bring them to me " Skraglet said .

Skraglet watched the 30 agents spread out and go to different areas. He pulled out another lungbuster , and started heading for the main building . The rain was becoming torrential , and it was hard to see .

03-03-2006, 05:04 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)
Happy

OOC: sorry for double posting , but somethings not letting me edit my posts , damn!

Skraglet couldnt see anything , the rain was pouring very heavily . Suddenly , another vision came , but this one was much more horrendous.

It was yet again through a agents viewpoint , he was tied up , and on a conveyor belt , suddenly , he saw a huge ore grinder ahead , The agent fell in , and blood and gore covered the whole vision. Then it ended.

Scraglet was going insane , then he heard a muffled scream ahead , he ran forward and saw One of his agent tied up and heading for a ore grinder up above him . The agent fell in , and died a horrible death , blood went everywhere , and several severed limbs fell down from under the grinder onto the ground infront of scraglets feet.

Then he heard a moan , it was getting closer , so scraglet ran as fast as he could , he ran past the grinder and into the Employee lounge hut , locking it behind him , he hid behind a couch , and had another vision.

It was of something running at the employee lounge door!

The vision ended , a loud thump on the door was heard , a scraglet peeped out the window ,and opened the door.

A dead agent fell through the door into the room , his body was still warm , so he must of ran at the door , tried opening it , and was killed . What killed him is something skrags wanted to find out .

He peered outside , and saw nothing.

03-04-2006, 06:03 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Sorry if I've been long. Thought the RPG was dying out and, well, you know. Great job with the RPG so far. BTW, very nice comment, T! I've improved in my RPG skills over the year.)

Elsewhere, Kealton was searching the outside of the town, about investigating the 10-foot permititer outside of it. He hoped to find a tunnel or shaft where the workers came to mine minerals. He had his staff close at hand, having the bright ruins on it guide him through the pitch-black night. Kealton had already felt spirits around him many...many times. They were yelling indistinguishable phrases that were almost impossible to point out. What exactly did these things want?

Suddenly, about southwest of Transville, his staff strook something that was wood. Exactly where it struck, he took his cold, numbed fingers and started to sweep the dirt off. Once it was all uncovered, Kealton had discovered a large, wooden square. It was about three feet big and two feet wide, and was made of dusty wood that was easily breakable. It could be anything. Was it a chest buried into the ground? Or perhaps a coffin? With a large slam of his staff, he cracked a hole in the wood that was large enough so he could squeeze into.

There was nothing but a big black hole in the square. He knew undoubtingly that a mining shaft was down there. With gentle care, he jumped down his hole and landed with a thump. It was so dark inside that even the keenest night vision wouldn't help. Kealton murmered something in an old language. After that, his staff had become a torch with a green flame. It didn't smoke up the place, so that Kealton wouldn't die. He went deeper into the mine with care.

This mine had very narrow hallways, it gives the illusion of the halls getting smaller and smaller the deeper you get in. It was supported by wooden beams, which would make you feel that the mine will fall apart at an awkward moment. Kealton saw abandoned mining picks, helmets, lanterns, and other various possesions. Bones had lied in it, too. Bones of any kind of creature on Oddworld. Well, almost every one. Mining karts also lied on wooden tracks, carry either gold, silver, crystals, or many a little bit of both.

Kealton already felt a tingly feeling because of the noises around him. There were the sound of mining picks slaming against a hard, rocky wall. Yet nobody was mining here. It was just Kealton, all by himself. But it wasn't like that for long. Not yet deep inside the cave, he heard a scream that could barely be heard. Kealton went into a quick stop, and quickly looked to his left then his right. He ignored it and kept moving on. Suddenly, the scream came again, only a bit louder.

"Hmmm." Kealton pondered. "That scream...sounds familiar."

It came once again, even louder. He quickly look acton and went through the narrow mining halls. He knew where that cry for help was coming from.

(OOC: Much longer than my last post. Just wanted you to keep up where Kealton was ;p)
03-04-2006, 11:11 AM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)

Skraglet was terrified , he didnt care about his agents anymore , so he swung the door open , ran like hell , and hopped in one of his buggys. He revved the engine , and gassed it out of the gates of tranville! Euphoria suddenly entered him , as he thought he was going to survive.

But then another vision came , and skraglet couldnt see the road anymore.

He was looking right at a ghost , a terrible , huge , white mudokon ghost . It went right through him , blood covered the vision , and it ended.

"Bah! " skraglet thought , " Its probably just another one of my agents "

Suddenly , one of the buggys wheels hit a plank of wood lodged in the ground , The two left side wheels hit the air , the buggy flipped , and hit the ground . But the ground gaveway , the buggy fell through the ground , and crashed once more.

Skraglet looked up in fright , the ground was actually just a thin piece of wood like material with grass thrown on top of it. It covered about 42 metres of ground .

Then skraglet looked around , it was pitch black , in a wide looking room . He could hear mining , shoveling , and digging . Skraglet could barely see a bone on the ground , he picked it up , ripped of his tie , rapped it around the bone , and used one of his matches to set it alight.

Skraglet continued through a thin corridor , looking back at the hole in the roof in the cavern casting a pale splash of moon on the cavern floor. Then , he saw a green flame ahead , he turned around , and ran.

03-04-2006, 12:39 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Continuing from the halls of the mine, the scream got closer and closer. Not only that, but he heard footsteps just right behind him. They got softer ever step. Must have been something running away. Suddenly, he didn't know which way to go. He knew where he was going with the screaming, but the footsteps might be a better path to take. But what if the other way was a trap? He made up his mind and decided to go towards the screaming.

After about five minutes running through narrow passways. he finally got to his destination his the screaming. It was a ghost of a male Mudokon. 'Screming Sammy' they called him. He worked for the Transville Mining Company. He was reconized for his screams, because that was all he did when he needed help. He was also confirmed insane. On a normal day he was in his private mining shaft that his boss built for him, since he didn't go well with the other workers. Anyways, there was also a small tunnel that he never noticed before. He was big enough to crawl in it, so he did. Sam was enjoying himself discovering and crawling through the tunnel, when suddenly a tragity happened. The tunnel has completely fallen apart, leaving him stuck inside of it. At the very top of his lungs, he screamed and screamed for hours, but nobody noticed it. He then later died of starvation. As a spirit, he came back to his mining shaft and kept on screaming, all throughout the night. He still does it today, yet nobody ever notices him.

Kealton had remembered the story, and felt bad for the poor Mudokon. Still, the spirit had to be put to rest. He took his staff and mumbled some words for about a minute. Suddenly, the phantom of Screaming Sammy faded away, and he was finally put to an end. Silence spreaded throughout the mine. A book had then appeared here the ghost vanished. Kealton picked it up, and read the title of it.

JOURNAL
PROPERTY OF SAMMY STRUDEN

He wanted to read it now, but he thought he would do so later somewhere safe. He caried it as he tried to find his way out of the mine. Kealton went through a hallway he never noticed, and saw a wooden elevator there. It looked old and not safe to go on. The only direction it lead to was down. Still, curiosity overtook him and decided to go on. The elevator was run by a pull rope, which had been untouched for a long, long time. Cobwebs were everywhere, and it made Kealton very uncomfortable. Without warning, he fell through the elevator floor with a loud crack! He screamed as he was falling down into a black pit. He fell so far, he had gone unseen.
03-04-2006, 12:56 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)

Skraglet was busy running , he was shaken with fear , and he kept running down the thin corrodor , he then tripped , and hit a wall head first! The wall cracked open , and skraglet found himself in a small room , that lead to some stairs. He followed the stairs , opened the door , and found himself in the cellar of the tranville ale house.

Then he heard a scream , and it began fading , like someone was falling . Skraglets guts took the best of him , and he ran in the direction of the scream. He finally reached a elevator , with a broken floor , then , throwing his torch down the hole , he could see that it was about 60 metres deep.

He could hear movement at the bottom , so he drawed his pistol.

" Freeze in the name of the mudos secret service! " He yelled at the figure at the bottom of the broken elevator shaft.

03-04-2006, 08:02 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

Atross woke up later on and noticed it was still dark. He had only slept for a few hours, maybe less, because of all the distant screams. He felt weak and tired but continued thorugh the main building. There were broken windows, loose floor boards, numerous broken objects and the occasional corpse here and there. One of the corpses caught Atross' atention. A mutilated slig lay in a dark corner. His legs were broken badly and his flesh was eaten away by something.

'Who's doing this?' Atross thought. After wandering aimlessly throught the huge complex, he saw a small wodden stairway leading down. He also saw a sign next to it: Maintainence Access, Employees ONLY!!. He went down anyway but stopped at at the entrance. The passageway was boarded up and the words ABANDONED and TURN BACK NOW! were graffitied on it. Atros had no trouble breaking throught them with his wristblades. He continued down into the dark.

03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
sligco
Thudslug

: Jul 2004
: slig baracks
: 191
sligco  (10)

(i edited my charrie)
03-07-2006, 06:31 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)

Skraglet lost interest in the movement down the hole , he tried to turn and move , but some weird force was pulling him towards the hole , he tried to grip the ground , but the force kept pulling him closer and closer , he finally got sucked in the hole , and fell down , but he snagged a nail sticking out of the shaft with his coat , and he lay there , Halfway down the shaft .

He knew he shouldnt try to wriggle loose , it was still a 40 metre drop , so with one mighty push , he unhooked himself from the nail , quickly jumped , and landed on a very thin ledge on the opposite side , from there he found a rotted wooden ladder , which he got halfway downbefore it broke , and skraglet fell , yet again into the darkness.

He woke up some time later , and a lucky thing too , as the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was the elevator hurtling down towards him , he rolled out just in time , and escaped , he continued down the shafts corridors , searching for a exit , He could smell something as well , it was terribly potent.

03-16-2006, 06:39 PM
outlaw king
Bola Blast

outlaw king  (10)

Darn , sorry for double posting again , but this rpg deserved to be kept alive , come on! We need more people to join! This rpg is in my opinion , very clever , And should hang around , ALL OWF MEMBERS UNITE! DONT LET THE FLAME DIE YOUNG!

03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

I'm with Outlaw King! Come on people join! This is fun. I'll post soon.

06-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Paramite catcher
Stunk

: May 2004
: Paramonian temples
: 39
Paramite catcher  (10)

NAME: Skumpy

SEX: Male

RACE: Mudokon

WEAPON: A brand new, shiny submachine gun

GEAR: Just some tattered leather cloth around his groin

DESCRIPTION: He is a little shorter then your average mudokon, although he doesn't change colour like most normal mudokons, due to a birth defect, when he's angry or entertained he keeps flitting from once colour to another. He has lots of small bullet holes in his legs from where he has accidentally shot himself.

PERSONALITY: Skumpy is a complete coward. The only way he was convinced to go on this trip was when Kealton promised to go on a hunting trip afterwards. Skumpy has an affection for guns ever since he was 16, and buys a new one every couple of months - he bought a new one for this very occasion. He doesn't anger quickly, and is quite a nice person.

BIOGRAPHY: Skumpy used to live in a villiage near Transville. He lived a very happy life with his parents, and peacefully co-existed with all his fellow mudokons, untill he was sixteen. When he was sixteen years old, he heard horrible legends of Glukkons commanding Sligs to overturn local villiages, plunder them and then sell the mudokons into slavery, and the entire village was terrified. What Skumpy and his fellow mudokons didn't know was that the Glukkons had no intention of taking over there villiage, since the forested area around there villiage was surrounded with Somk'a, a type of pollen that all sligs were allergic to. When they breathed in Somk'a, they began sneezing and having spasms, and without sligs the Glukkons didn't know how to combat the village. So, they decided to leave Skumpy's village for the time being. But, a few months after the Glukkon rumours had died down, an accident occured by the forest where Skumpy's village lay. Carts of paramites were being driven to a nearby factory to be made into pies, and one of the carts was cut off from the rest of them, getting flipped over by an unidentified obstruction in the road. This caused three other carts to be derailed, and approximately twenty seven paramites escaped. They all escaped into the forest. The glukkons sent Sligs to try and retrieve them, but as soon as they breathed in the Somk'a, they began keeling over and having spasms, and eventually accidentally shooting themselves multiple times. The paramites frolicked in the forests for a few days, and then stumbled across Skumpy's village. The paramites swarmed all over it, eating everything and everyone they could find. A couple of them found Skumpy's house, and overturned it. Skumpy was one of the ones lucky enough to of been awoken by the commotion early on, and had already escaped out of the back window. A few days later, he went back to what remained of his village. Only a few of his fellow mudokons had survived. From then on, Skumpy had lived on his own in a hut in the village, with a crippling fear of paramites. An outlaw had been providing him with submachine guns every few weeks, so he normally slept in the day and kept awake in the nights, guarding his house from paramites which he was convinced were coming to eat him. He has shot himself by accident seven times to date. When Kealton approached him about the expedition, he agreed on the condition that Kealton would go paramite hunting with him afterwards.

And that's my charecter

Last edited by Paramite catcher; 06-18-2006 at 08:23 AM..
06-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Paramite catcher
Stunk

: May 2004
: Paramonian temples
: 39
Paramite catcher  (10)

Skumpy wandered around what remainded of Tranville aimlessly. His hands were trembling. He heard the wind blow through the dusty remains of the town. This place was freaky - he just wanted to wander around hear for a bit whilst Kealton, Jacob and Skraglet's team of outlaws did all the work down by the railroad. He really didn't want to get involved. Suddenly, he heard a scream in the distance. He held out his shiny silver submachine gun in front of him, pointing in the direction of the scream. His hands were shaking so much, he was surprised he didn't drop the gun.

The wind whistled through the dusty ruins of Tranville, and Skumpy heard something. He turned round and pointed his gun in the direction of the wind, he could of swore he heard something. Then the wind blew behind him, and he jumped behind him.

"Skumpy..."

Skumpy screamed - he had heard a voice in the wind. He shot his submachine gun madly, bullets scattering everywhere. He lost control of the gun, and ended up spinning around in all directions, shooting everywhere. He ran away madly, shooting everything in sight. He ran away screaming, and failed to notice the hole in the ground. He ran straight into it, and fell down it into the railway shaft.

06-24-2006, 01:16 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Have I been gone again? Days are getting a lot more bussier for me. Well, I hope this RPG won't die out just yet. Not on my watch)

Kealton only had remembered that he passed out during the fall. He had felt no impact, and didn't know how long he was out. As he awoke, he knew that he was inside a room.

The first thing Kealton saw when he opened his eyes was pure darkness. But there was something he was sitting on when he moved about. It was the sound of coins. They jiggled about as Kealton shuffled through the pile. He managed to grab one of them. Just by feeling it, Kealton knew it was gold. Real gold. Once he had picked it up, torches suddenly lighted up all over the place. It had made him drop the coin and launch up in fright, picking up his staff and the journal of Sammy Struden. What he saw completely blew his mind out of his head.

It was gigantic. almost half the size of a normal Industrial company. The room was made of neatly polished, dark green granite. Piles and piles of rich, gold coins lay on the floors, both in sizes of small and large. Portraits also hung onto the walls. They were so old that the pictures themselves were completely covered is dust. Pillars that were still strong and sturdy supported the stone ceiling. Also around the room was old furniture that was made of velvet and other rich cloths. The center of the room had a stone fountain with the carvings of an artisan. But one question remained. What is the purpose of this room?

The first thing Kealton went to were the portraits. When he wiped the dust off one of the pictures, he was expecting it to be a picture of a wealthy Slig of Glukkon. But it was far from that. It was a metal door, with no locks or pads or anything. It gleamed in the light of the torches. Perhaps there is a way to open it, Kealton thought. From the right side of the door, Kealton pushed it with all of his might. To his suprise, it had opened. What he saw behind it was something even greater than the entire room itself.
07-03-2006, 01:17 AM
Mudoko_Jedi
Bola Blast

: May 2006
: ausralia
: 433
Mudoko_Jedi  (10)

heres mine

name: bobbo

sex: male

race: outlaw

weapon: high velocity grenade launcher, large shiny revolver and a long combat knife.

gear: white singlet with blood stains, dog tags, baggy dark jeans, black leather belt with the teath of all his prized sleg and slog kills, a pack of lung busters and a lighter and a small pocket knife with tools like lock picks and screw-drivers he also carries a notebook for investigations.

personality: Freindly towards other outlaws and sligs but really hates mudokons, gets grumpy towards vykers when they rip him off often hunting down and killing the unlucky vyker.

Biography: Bobbo was an outlaw who was in Scraglets gang. he was picked up by scraglet when he was found lost in the forest hunting slogs. Bobbo has a passion for hunting slegs or slogs, he keeps the two canine teeth from his largest kills in his belt he sells captured slogs and slegs to glukkons who need some extra security. He also catches small criters such as fuzzles and stunks and sells them to vykers for testing. He recently recieved a large cheque from A vyker for his stunks who helped develop the new product STENCH BE GONE.

El'scrabino the best damn scrab on oddworld.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...herMudSig2.gif
quote by marge simpson: We just saw the most amazing cammel...it was wearing a hat!!!!!

Last edited by Mudoko_Jedi; 07-03-2006 at 11:57 PM..
07-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Mudoko_Jedi
Bola Blast

: May 2006
: ausralia
: 433
Mudoko_Jedi  (10)

Bobbo ran towards the raid buggys, he heard the noise of Scraglet drive off and thought that some other member of the team was stealing his. The Dessert Runner was Bobbos, he owned it and he had since he bought it of Elboze Freely before he was bountied by stranger. Bobbo had bought the Dessert Runner for hunting, it was fast and had a mounted machine gun on the passenger and gunners position. When Bobbo discovered that his precious buggy was untouched he lit up one of his lung busters and started puffing...AARRGG!!!!! a scream came from one of the old water facility near Bobbo. Bobbo butted out his smoke and ran towards the source of the scream with his revolver out, he went to open the door but it was barred from the inside so Bobbo took the grenade launcher of his back and took 20 paces back and fired, the grenade spead foward and hit the door and exploded in a ear cracking BANG!! When the smoke cleared not only the door was blown right of its hinges it had also taken chunks off the solid concrete wall.
Bobbo put the grenade launcher on his back and took out his revolver, he walked confindently into the building and began his investigation. He jotted down notes of the blood on the walls and old mechanical slig legs scatterd here and there,he also drew illistrations in his notebook.

El'scrabino the best damn scrab on oddworld.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...herMudSig2.gif
quote by marge simpson: We just saw the most amazing cammel...it was wearing a hat!!!!!