06-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Scrab-Meat
Bolamite

: Sep 2005
: Bottom of the Universe
: 65
Scrab-Meat  (10)
Anybody see X-Men 3 yet?

Has anybody on here seen X-Men 3 yet? Out of all three I like this one for a number of reasons. One because Gene is now Phenox, Beast was there, Arc Angel (my favorite X-Men character was there) and a lot more mutants made it fun. Though I do not want to ruin the movie for people who haven't seen it yet but do you think there will be a forth one?
Because RuptureFarms has driven Meeches, Scrabs, and Paramites to the edge of extinction, the only way to boost profits is to turn Abe and his pals into lunch. Thats right step on up and become Scrab meat!

06-01-2006, 09:40 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jan 2006
: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

I'm seeing it tomorow with some friends. I've seen all the x-men movies just out of interest. I haven't been following the storyline though.

06-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

The reference to the 'Juggernaut, bitch' video alone made it awesome.
I laughed so hard at that.

It was pretty cool other than that as well. I know it got slagged quite a bit, as there was very little character development, but there was a fair bit of that in the others, and sometimes I just like to see shit asplode.
06-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

: Dec 2001
: I'm everywhere...
: 2,258
Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)Mojo  (224)

Yep, seen it as well... I thought the part where Logan (Wolverine) and Hank (Beast) worked together, somewhere near the end, was fun.

And also when all them soldiers start attacking the mutants, and Magneto goes "Humans, with their guns..." was funny...
- And you're still a dick.

06-02-2006, 05:35 AM
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

: Hong Kong
: 396
Ninjaxe  (10)

All those who haven't seen it. Wait for the end of the credits for an alternate ending. Believe me it worth it. It might make you cry or leap for joy I say no more

-SPOILERS-

I was very disappointed in most things. I dont mean to be agressive but Jean tried to get off with whom she saw. Plus Cyclops died, magneto, mystique lost their powers. Also Rogue gave up her powers. Jugganaunt wore a stone helmet. I thought the helmet was simialar to magneto's for not allowing prof X. get into his head. I could pick holes in the movie all day, better stop. Dedicated Comic fan of xmen. It annoys me that tiny details that the directors done. Plus killing off all the characters if they are planning to do a sequel x4.

There may be an x4. The chance are slim though, it goes by 'if movie goes well with the viewers.'

Another point kitty pryde is a highligh I suppose. What happened to the incredible Nightcrawler? He is the game¬_¬ Do you think they following the idea of Matrix 'There are movie in the game that dont appear in the film'
In the game you can play wolverine, ice man and nightcrawler only. So....in both cases game and movie....a total flop!!!

You have my full respect if you don't agree

Last edited by Ninjaxe; 06-02-2006 at 05:41 AM..
06-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

I thought it was awesome how Kitty and that Anti-Mutant Boy fooled The Juggernaught.

06-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2006
: England
: 1,008
Mutual Friend  (41)

It was average - in an annoyingly average way. Though the news bulletin of 'MAGNETO ISSUES THREAT' tickled me in places I didn't realise I had.
06-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2002
: Wales
: 530
Nath  (89)

I thought that film was a kick ass mo' fo'

Better than the other two. The characters were alot better, and the woman who play jean grey (sorry can't remember her name) is a brilliant actor.

the end part with magnetto just got me and my mates pumped. there is so going to be a forth one.
And anyway, i heard vinnie jones (why, oh why) had signed up to do two more x-men films.

06-02-2006, 10:14 AM
OANST
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

: Jun 2003
: Them dark fucking woods
: 12,320
OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)

I think that since I had such low expectations for the movie that I actually thought it was decent. Now, I did have some problems. They killed off a lot of characters that are still alive in the comics. I'm not talking about Cyclops as we never saw a body and I'm sure he'll be brought back. I also have a feeling they will bring Jean back. But they killed a ton of smaller characters like Psylocke (who by the way, they had fighting on the wrong side). I was not impressed with the Juggarnauts helmet or the fact that he kept taking it off. He loses his power when not wearing the helmet. Also Xavier didn't seem to even recognize him. He is his brother of course.

My bowels hurt.

06-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I went with low expectations for this movie - and i was still disgusted. There'll be spoilers here by the by, so if you read on without seeing the film, meh...boo-hoo.

Firstly - What. The. Hell?! ...in terms of the story and the build up from the previous films. Now, i know the other two films were wrote by the same Writers, who expected to be writing the third, but...MY GOD! So, in the first film they talk about a war. Yes? Then in the second film...they still talk about a war.

Yet...the war turns out to be...what? Six X-men and 18 Acolytes?! Oh yeh...war(!)

Not only that, but the writing is dire..."Can you let me out now? I need to pee", "Come on then, dick-head!" ...as well as other repugnant lines that should never have even been thought of.

Then there were the not-so-emotional moments, which clearly should've had an emotional impact - Scott dying, Jean dying, Xavier dying, Magneto being cured, Mystique being cured...all lacked the needed 'oomph' that should've been accompanied with them. Also, did anybody notice the sudden change from just-turned dusk to pitch-black night at all towards the end of the film?!

Now, i'm not a big fan of the X-men films, 'cos i think they could've been so much better, the second one, to me, was the best. And as somebody who hopes to get into Scriptwriting in the future, i often watch a film/series and say "I could do better"

With the X-men films, however, i don't do that - 'cos i know sod all about the material (well, i know quite a bit, but that's from wikipedia not from reading the comics) and i wouldn't know where to start, HOWEVER, with the third installment i am quietly confident i could've done so much better.

It annoys me so much when a decent series is slaughtered. It's Fox's fault, really. The two Writers and Director were going to come back after they'd finished their other projects, but Fox was being a whiney, little bitch.

Oh, and who's inanely idiotic idea was to have that scene at the end of the credits?! Who thought that having him come back in such a way would be a good idea?!

...characters who die should stay dead.

End-the-f*ck-of.

"Psylocke (who by the way, they had fighting on the wrong side)."

Psylocke wasn't in it, was she? I initially thought she was - but it turns out that was Calisto.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Jacob; 06-02-2006 at 01:58 PM..
06-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Sassenach
Chippunk

: Jun 2006
: 34
Sassenach  (10)

"What have I done?"
06-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2006
: 1,008
Mutual Friend  (41)

That also tickled me in places I didn't know I had.

EDIT: See also - "...by ANY means necessary".

Last edited by Mutual Friend; 06-02-2006 at 04:41 PM..
06-02-2006, 05:06 PM
OANST
Our worst member ever

OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)

Psylocke wasn't in it, was she? I initially thought she was - but it turns out that was Calisto.[/QUOTE]

Psylocke was the asian girl with the purple hair. She got very little screen time.

My bowels hurt.

06-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

I thought it was a good movie, but not a great one. I'll pretty much second Jacob's sentiments about certains scenes not having any 'oomph'. I always felt that in the previous movies, the action and special effects were only ever there to serve the story and this felt like it was the other way round. This could still have been okay if it was good spectacle but the cinematography was dull to the point of making an amazing scene like the GG bridge look meh

06-03-2006, 01:23 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

:
-SPOILERS-

I was very disappointed in most things. I dont mean to be agressive but Jean tried to get off with whom she saw. Plus Cyclops died, magneto, mystique lost their powers. Also Rogue gave up her powers. Jugganaunt wore a stone helmet. I thought the helmet was simialar to magneto's for not allowing prof X. get into his head. I could pick holes in the movie all day, better stop. Dedicated Comic fan of xmen. It annoys me that tiny details that the directors done. Plus killing off all the characters if they are planning to do a sequel x4.
I have never read a comic, so I don't care that they changed the storyline.

One thing I have to ask though, what was with the girl mutant who looked like a guy? I can't remember her power.
06-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

Nath  (89)

I really feel sorry for you, Jacob. You don't ever seem to get excited about anything. Everything you post on here has a negative attitude. Now that just may be your personallity (I dont' even know you), or whatever else.

You say you want to do script writing, that's brilliant, good for you, but don't be so hard on things you think you can do better. Say what was good about it more, you may surprise yourself and actually learn something off it. I'm studying screen acting and would love to do films one day, so i'm watching films all the time and learn from it by picking the bad things out and knowing to do things the right way, but I take out the good parts the most and want to enhance on it.
Trying to improve the bad points isn't always the way to go about it... it's enhancing on the good parts that really shows.

Everyone loves saying what they didn't like about it and how they thought certain parts were stupid and shouldn't have been done that way. But I say talk more what you liked about it, you can enjoy it more that way.

[spoilers]
Yeah Jean Grey and Xavier died, but they were two of the most powerful mutants. When Magnetto lost his powers by having those four darts stabbed in him by Beast, at the end it showed that his powers hadn't completely gone and that they were returning. So in the fourth one, Jean Grey and Xavier might come back. I know some of you said that they shouldn't return dead characters, but the writers may do it in such an original way that you'll be glad that they're back. They may not even return in the next one, it could be the fifth one (as i'm sure that there will be a fifth), but they could still get talked about and you could have the smallest sign of their return in it.
Even if their return isn't as big as you hoped, try to read in to it more, you may discover something that you're over looking.

There's lots of things I didn't like about that film. For instance; Vinnie Jones shouldn't have been jugganaut, sideshow bob shouldn't have been Beast. I was hoping for Nightcrawler to be in it and for Sabretooth to return as he never died. As for that boy who they used to create the cure, why kill him? They could have just used the cure on him to stop him from doing what he does. I was also gutted about Rogue getting the cure, I was dissapointed with that.

But I loved all the scenes with Angel, he was brilliant and I hope he has a bigger part next time.
When Magnetto lifted and moved Golden Gate bridge, I was loving it. Imagine that actually happening. Someone moving a bridge like that with just their mind.
Every scene with Phoenix was amazing. When she was in her old house with Xavier and Magnetto and Xavier died, you could really feel the emotions coming out from Magnetto. It made you realise that he has just lost one of his best friends (even though they were enemies).

All in all, even though there were a few parts that i didn't aggree with, I thought it was an excellent film and it's making me want to go to the cinema to watch it again.

06-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Two things I agree with you; Ian McKellen was brilliant in this one and Angel was great, if only for eye candy . Only, it seemed like 3/4 of his character arc had been cut out; he just pops in and pops out in random scenes. Hopefully there'll be more of his stuff in the DVD to make sense of it all.

But, to clarify people's theories, they've all but ruled out a fourth movie. If there will be, it will be either the Magneto or Wolverine prequels that are already in pre-production.

06-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

Ninjaxe  (10)

Good point Nath O_o. That puts a point across. Why didn't the mutant boy with the cure get close to jean. Or she that powerful that she could block his powers? How powerful is the boy? If I was colossus throw the boy into jean. That would block her havoc.
06-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Yeh, i love Ian McKellen. He's lush as Bread and butter! And Angel too was very prettyfully.

It's all very well saying "Just look at the good points"...but throughout the entire movie i felt as if there was just something missing. And there are too many bad moves in the film for the good points to shine.

I'm also a big believer that when a major character dies, they should stay dead, and nothing should bring them back. Though they failed, the Writers obviously tried to incorporate some emotion when Xavier got eviserated, now, such emotion is wasted now that he's back.

Ideally, they should've had hints of Apocalypse throughout the trilogy (so in the first one something in Egypt was discovered - and you hear this on the news or something. In the second Xavier senses something etc). So at the end with the big fight, Magneto could've been stopped (presumably killed), but then after the credits (or, say, in the middle of them) it cuts to a scene with Magneto crawling out of some rubble. You then see a pair of large legs stood in front of him and as the camera pans up you get a half a second glimpse of Apocalypse.

...or something.

It also annoys me that so many of the small sub-plots weren't built upon or given enough screentime as they should've done. I blame Fox, however, 'cos that studio is just...Gay in the face.

Fact.

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Mojo
Wired Forever!

Ehm, enlighten me, what was the scene after the credits? My friends all wanted to leave, so I didn't have the chance to watch it.

Also, the girl who looked like a boy was "Arclite". Her power was a shockwave induced by slapping her hands together.

About Characters coming back:

Phoenix (Famke Janssen, btw) has a great chance to return, after all, when a phoenix dies, it'll burst into flames, and then follows a re-birth from the ashes.

Xavier: Hard to bring him back, he was blown to smithereens.

Cyclops: Can be returned, body never found.

06-03-2006, 08:28 AM
OANST
Our worst member ever

spoilers

Xavier has already been brought back. If you had stayed to watch the final scene you would know that.

My bowels hurt.

06-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Ninjaxe
Spark Stunk

Ninjaxe  (10)

oh yeah..arclite, that was a girl I thought she was a boy. psyloke wasn't in it or was she? She has powers like the invisible woman in Fantastic Four.

I was hoping to see more of the sentinels, slightly disappointed that we only saw the head.

I would like ask was the black guy called Trask, same guy from spiderman in research corp?

Plus for earlier on, I am sure that Xavior never saw Juggernaut. oh another point, when mystique went to human form, did they change the actor? I am thinking the point of X2 with the 'playing rough' blonde, they didn't look the same. Cause I thought the actor (dont know her name) would play her original face. The point is the blonde and darkie don't have the same face.

-_- I only watch the film once honestly. Don't get any funny ideas!!!!
06-03-2006, 08:49 AM
OANST
Our worst member ever

Again. YES! PSYLOCKE WAS IN IT! She was the asian girl with purple hair. And yes, xavier saw the Juggarnaut. He walked right past him to get into Jean's house. And yes, it is the same actress playing mystique. Makeup on and off.

My bowels hurt.

06-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

Nath  (89)

:
Ideally, they should've had hints of Apocalypse throughout the trilogy (so in the first one something in Egypt was discovered - and you hear this on the news or something. In the second Xavier senses something etc). So at the end with the big fight, Magneto could've been stopped (presumably killed), but then after the credits (or, say, in the middle of them) it cuts to a scene with Magneto crawling out of some rubble. You then see a pair of large legs stood in front of him and as the camera pans up you get a half a second glimpse of Apocalypse.
Fact.
That sounds like a good idea. I see where you're coming from with that.
I respect the fact that you didn't bitch back at me aswell

I really want to watch it again. I'll have a clearer understanding about the story and I can focus on what happens, pick up any points that I (and probably most of us) missed.

06-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Martian
Thudslug

: Nov 2004
: UK
: 162
Martian  (10)

I enjoyed the movie.

It just seemed quite different from the other two. But that was mainly because it was directed by someone different (Brett Ratner).
06-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

"I really want to watch it again. I'll have a clearer understanding about the story and I can focus on what happens, pick up any points that I (and probably most of us) missed."

Yeh, i'm definitely going to get it on Dvd, but that's 'cos i have an OCD thing when it comes to games/films and i like lining them up, heh.

"It just seemed quite different from the other two. But that was mainly because it was directed by someone different (Brett Ratner)."

It was wrote by different Writers, too, which is one of the main reasons it's crap. The previous writers were clearly setting up the war, but the new writers didn't know where to take it.

Joss Whedon's idea of a cure was used though, but i think he should've wrote/directed the film. It's such a shame that schedule clashes were one of the reasons this film was poop.

06-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I liked it. There wasn't as much of the "Oh shit, this is badass" feeling as with X2, but I liked it nonetheless.

Various reasons:

a) I don't read the comics, and don't care about plot changes.
b) In my opinion, the actors all fit their characters well.
c) The action-esque scenes were all put together well.
d) "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" My god that delighted my body.

On the other hand, I share some of the negative sentiment. From the previews, I figured Angel would have a role more relevant than show-up-for-three-minutes-on-screen-but-not-actually-do-anything. And no Nightcrawler? C'mon, that dude was responsible for the coolest moments in X2. And it's true, there wasn't much emotional weight to speak of. Due to the short length, they probably could've added another 20-30 minutes of material to flesh out the film, and give it that boost from "good" to "great." But hell, it was still an enjoyable movie to sit through, and I'm sure I'll buy it on DVD when it comes out.
06-03-2006, 11:15 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

I saw the movie today and it was actually pretty good. Better thatn I expected. The storyline was pretty good and so were the special effects. BTW, what was the last scene? I left when the credits started.

06-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

The guy who was in a coma wakes up. Turns out Xavier is in him now.

...what a f*cking idiotic thing to do.

I read the Script when it was being drafted up and it seemed a lot darker than what it was - moreso the bit where the young Angel was cutting his wings off. That should've resembled something to do with self-harming.

Meh.

It baffles me how they can make X2 over 2 hours long - and still have it successful. Yet they have the third an hour shorter (or...something like that, don't know the exact time).

06-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

It was 103 minutes long. Definately too short.

***SPOILERS***

And, just to give a tad more detail than Jacob did; the coma guy is the one that Xavier talked about to his ethics class about whether it's a good idea to insert the mind of a father of four into the body of someone with no mind. So as he was dying he transfered his consciousness into the coma guy.

Which begs the question; seeing as the coma guy wouldn't have the mutant gene, would Xavier still be a telepath?

And, with reference to something someone else said; was Magneto getting his powers back at the end? I must have missed that.