04-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I guess I'm still kind of confused about what this concept is about. To me it sounds like it's some kind of spam or chat forum. Which I think there has been a lot of people against in the past. Also, if it's supposed to promote a more "laid back" discussion area, I can really see newbies probably not realizing that things should go in there anways.

I don't know, I guess I kind of see the two sides of forums with the forums I admin. My other forum is a really huge forum with 300 people online at at time sometimes. And it's split into lots of different sub-sections for different games, entertainment, artistic stuff, RPing, etc. It works well on there because of how busy it is. But I look at OWF and just aren't sure about lots of sub-forums. I wasn't even around when Non-Oddworld Gaming was added, so I can't really comment. But if we split up some of Off-Topic some more, it would leave different sub-forums really empty and inactive. Like Max already said, Non-Oddworld Gaming is dead for the most part. That's not to say I have seen smaller forums with lots of sections, I have. But they are usually Invisionfree forums. Of course there's always exceptions too. I know this really isn't a suggestion to split up the forums into lots of smaller parts, but I don't know, I guess I just think it will die off.

Of course the decision isn't mine to make. I really sometimes feel I shouldn't really say too much, as I was away for so long, so I might be somewhat out of touch with the current member base of the forums.

Flame forum. I'd be against it. Simply because I've been on a forum where they tried that. Although it did do well to keep people's anger out of other threads, it turned into a disaster. Some people got really hurt by flaming of a personal nature that occurred. So it was closed down soon after.

:
This has probably been suggeted before, but Fan Corner could be moved to Zulag 1, leaving non-Oddworld creativity in Zulag 2. It would help to pad out Zulag 1, which is looking thin. Thus the Forums are would efficiently be divided into Oddworld-related talk and Oddworld-unrelated talk.
I'm pretty sure we used to have Non-Oddworld Art & Literature under Off-Topic, but it didn't go very good because most of the artists on the forum at the time didn't think to find it there. Then again, that's one place I haven't checked since I've returned, so it's probably just as dead now from what you say. Although in theory the structure makes sense.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

The forum is just to small to start expanding. We have maybe 40 active members at most, and OT can function perfectly for anything related to games and stuff. What Abe Babe says is right, it would be a good idea if this forum would have thousands of members visiting a day and needs more room. But we don't, so why expand. Just to look nifty?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

04-22-2006, 04:30 AM
[Neo]
Chippunk

: Apr 2006
: Netherlands
: 21
[Neo]  (10)

I Completely agree with Havoc's earlier posts, I'm not a Oddworld fan, I don't belong here at all, and my opinion may not yet be respected, but still I'll give it. This is a Oddworld forum, Off-Topic is good, but don't expand these forums to something bigger then Oddworld, else you'll get 'Teh IQ' posting/spamming all over your forum. Isn't it worse enough people like me are here? This is a oddworld related forum, I'm a guy who likes to post and make some fun so Off-Topic will be my section, but if you want these forums to be Oddworld related, then keep it that way, new members should adapt to the forum, the forum shouldn't adapt to new members.

Also, if you get frickin idiots around, you'd still give them a chance.....

/Teh Neo

*P.S* Listen up, you guys should be happy with these 40 active members, if it get's bigger, the forum can't be followed by the elder members, which means oddworld forums get a complete new look for people, also for you, and I don't think that's what you want...

Where can I buy the Nike shoes?
1337 GFX