12-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Impaler
Bolamite

: Apr 2003
: U.K.
: 68
Impaler  (10)
Question Attention Web Designers!!!

Hey I'm currently studying Web Design at College and was wondering if anyone on the forums knew any software packages for Windows Xp (don't get me started) which include mysql, apache, php and phpmyadmin all in one so I don't need to manually install them.
If anyone knows any packages or has general hints could u please let me know ta!!!

See me here =>Me,Me,Me

Last edited by Impaler; 12-15-2005 at 05:58 AM..
12-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Dino
Outlaw Sniper

: Feb 2005
: AFX - I'm Momma Employed
: 1,544
Dino  (10)

I take it you basically want to set up a test server for a php site? If you are then you should look up php website building software, which will work like a whole website without needing to run all the software to simulate a server.

As for suggestions on that, you'd probably need to ask on a web design forum. There's most likely some form of server simulator software out there...and I'm sure that if there is the people who hang around the web design forums would know what it is.

OR alternatively you could set up unix or linux on a seperate machine, and network it with yours. Then you could set up the unix/linux box as your server and use your windows machine as the user...that would probably make your life a lot less complicated. You could have the mysql, apache, php server client and phpmyadmin software on the server and access it from your windows machine just like you would if you were working on a site on a remote webserver over the internet. If I recall this is how most serious web designers work on their projects.
12-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

: Dec 2005
: On the other side
: 333
Icarus  (10)

:
Hey I'm currently studying Web Design at College and was wondering if anyone on the forums knew any software packages for Windows Xp (don't get me started) which include mysql, apache, php and phpmyadmin all in one so I don't need to manually install them.
If anyone knows any packages or has general hints could u please let me know ta!!!
hey man there are sites out there where professionals can help you, you dont need people like us who are talking about oddworld and other pointless stuff. talk to the pro's. only pr4oblem is where are they.
12-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Mad

AHEM!!!!!!
ODDWORLD IS NOT POINTLESS!

12-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Yeah, Dino and Icarus are right. You need to ask on a site/forum full of people who have more idea what they're talking about. I'm sure someone here'd be able to help you, you're just more likely to get a quicker response from a 'proffessional site'.

And Cullen, calm down. God what is it with you nowadays?

- Rexy

12-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

I dont know.....too much.
Thanks Rexy.

12-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

: Dec 2005
: On the other side
: 333
Icarus  (10)

:
AHEM!!!!!!
ODDWORLD IS NOT POINTLESS!
u see man, this is the reason i said why this site is useless.
12-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Impaler
Bolamite

: Apr 2003
: U.K.
: 68
Impaler  (10)

:
hey man there are sites out there where professionals can help you, you dont need people like us who are talking about oddworld and other pointless stuff. talk to the pro's. only pr4oblem is where are they.

I did post on forums more appropriate to the subject but thot I'd try here as well, thanks anyway

See me here =>Me,Me,Me