12-20-2005, 11:05 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

:
If you could have one Oddworld creature, any creture on Oddworld as a pet, what would it be and why?

I would want a.....(man this is tuff).....Mudokon. Just because I feel like they are closer to a human than anything else on Oddworld so we communicate and get along really well.
probably a trained paramite. i'd want a trained scrab, but it would not fit into my apartment home.
12-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

Yeah thats another thing.... you would have to have a bunch of room for the right creature.

12-20-2005, 03:14 PM
AWWW
Stingbee

: Feb 2005
: Sydney,Australia
: 82
AWWW  (10)

I wouldn't really want to tame any of the Oddworld animals, remember in Abe's Oddysee they said they were better off living in the wild, in harmony with the mudokons.

Anyway what I want is a Fleeche, with the long tongue, its ideal to use them to grab stuff from far away or just stuff just out of arms reach.
"Hey Fleechies, get the TV remote please"

Did I mention there are two heads, so you can grab 2 things at the same time!!!

Of course I would also need to keep bucket loads of Slurgs to keep it from eating me.
Ah its a thin line between pleasure and pain...

No worries I wouldn't be cruel I won't flush it down the toilets when its get to big, its off to the zoo for that guy...

Last edited by AWWW; 12-21-2005 at 12:25 AM..
12-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

I would hate to have a Fleech! It would snap its tounge at you all the time!

12-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Yeah, fleech=bad news.
Eat too much and get too big to handle.

12-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

I dont think my family would let me have a Fleech.

12-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

: On the other side
: 333
Icarus  (10)

:
I dont think my family would let me have a Fleech.
Now do you see why i pick on you, ODDWORLD PETS!!! WTF is WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

Icarus...
this topic is simply meant to be fun, to imagine a big "WHAT IF ..."
sometimes it can lead to funny situations, so lead back and relax

It's a bit as your topic about having muds as personal slaves

12-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)

:
Icarus...
this topic is simply meant to be fun, to imagine a big "WHAT IF ..."
sometimes it can lead to funny situations, so lead back and relax

It's a bit as your topic about having muds as personal slaves
But pets? it's a little...uhhh...childish, dont u think so. fine whatever....if i can have an oddworld pet it would be a slog, huhh...i would want a slog so it can guard my house from other dog's shitting on my property....Tssssss.... Childish Bull shit
12-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

A Scrab or a Slig would work nicely, asuming neither runs me clear-through.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

12-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Icarus, you're about ... 17 ish, right?
Really ... if you've lost touch with your childish side already, then ... I don't know, man.
Not trying to take a stab at you - cool if you're mature and serious enough to think childish stuff is pointless; if your this serious, I can forsee success in your future career.
But Xavier is right, this thread is for fun. If you're gonna label it "childish bullshit," it might have been better off if you didn't post in this thread.
I try to be mature, and sure, it's a silly idea, having Oddworld creatures as pets, but ...
I turned 18 last week, and I was acting like an 8 year old ... some people are more in touch with being a kid.

And yeah, so as not to stray for too long off topic, I think you're right, a slog would make excellent home defense. The problem would be keeping it fed ... so much fresh meat/bone... But then, you could go vykker on it and nearly starve the thing almost to death, increasing its savagery.

And Nepharski, I think that, as long as you keep the slig away from the scrab, and don't give the slig any weapons, those might be cool pets, assuming you could find means to feed and train them.

Last edited by Dave; 12-25-2005 at 04:40 PM..
12-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

:
And Nepharski, I think that, as long as you keep the slig away from the scrab, and don't give the slig any weapons, those might be cool pets, assuming you could find means to feed and train them.
True, but I was worrying more about the Scrab impaling me, not the slig. I could replace those easily. Like mail-order wifes from Russia, except Sligs not wives, and...not...from Russia...yeah.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

12-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

:
Really ... if you've lost touch with your childish side already, then ... I don't know, man.
Not trying to take a stab at you - cool if you're mature and serious enough to think childish stuff is pointless; if your this serious, I can forsee success in your future career.
But Xavier is right, this thread is for fun. If you're gonna label it "childish bullshit," it might have been better off if you didn't post in this thread.
I try to be mature, and sure, it's a silly idea, having Oddworld creatures as pets, but ...
I turned 18 last week, and I was acting like an 8 year old ... some people are more in touch with being a kid.

And yeah, so as not to stray for too long off topic, I think you're right, a slog would make excellent home defense. The problem would be keeping it fed ... so much fresh meat/bone... But then, you could go vykker on it and nearly starve the thing almost to death, increasing its savagery.

Yeah, Icarus. Please. If you dont like the thread, just quietley leave and dont post in it.

And Dave, you could feed the Slog....well lets just say...intruders.

12-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

You'll just have to find a way to lure a regular stream of intruders into your house. May I suggest a trail of donuts on the ground?

12-26-2005, 12:30 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

:
High five! I'm just 19 and still have that...
but some quite rescent personal issues have made that I have to take a lot of responçabilities.

The message is, don't try to act mature, act the way it's most fun

12-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

... as long as you don't get plain irritating to everyone else. Everything within limits, of course.

But, like I've always said, the greatest sign of maturity is knowing how to be immature.

12-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)

:

*i'm going to kill that little shit* uh anyways, guys look ive really posted like only 42 post the rest were made by my lil12 year old bro, so don't take any of this stuff personal please. i sign out now every time i leave this forum. oh and if i can have an oddworld pet it would be a Scrab, i could just imagine walking in the park with it. I would always feel safe.
12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

Do NOT make excusses because you did something stupid and now regret it.
Seriously dude, come on.

12-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)

:
Do NOT make excusses because you did something stupid and now regret it.
Seriously dude, come on.
what??? look cullen, im usually out so i don't have time to write too many stuff on an oddworld forum, and besides when you close the page, you are still logged on, besides i'm a nice guy, if somebody says something weird i don't confront them with insults or crude remarks, i just continue with the topic, so if there was anything you took personal that was posted from my account, i am deeply sorry. and another thing, i would never insult someone younger than me. and this post is to, not just you cullen, but to everyone.
12-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

Alright, I will believe you. Besides, you did sound very sicere in the last post.
If it is true, please tell your brother to stop. It makes you sound bipolar.

12-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)
Blind

in MO they made the Scrabs look so buff and strong, always scared me.
12-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

That's why most of us want a trained Scrab, to scareaway enemies.

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

12-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)

:
That's why most of us want a trained Scrab, to scareaway enemies.
i wonder if it would kill my poor doggie, aww the poor thing, heh dog=Scrab meat=delicious for Scrabs belly
12-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

Yes, it would.....for sure.

12-27-2005, 08:04 AM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)

oh well, rather have a scrab than a dog. but only if i can train it
12-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

What about paramites? I think they'd be easier to train. They're cautious on their own, and so I think it might be easier to tame one. And I think they're superbly creepy. Imagine the last thing you see being an open paramite mouth ... *shudders helplessly* No thank you.
Therefore, paramites would make sweet guard dogs.
But I still stick by the idea of fuzzles (the MO fuzzles, not the vicious SW fuzzles), as they're adorable and will attract the ladies, and can still be vicious.

12-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

Yes, Paramites would make a better dog than a Scrab would. Scrabs are more like horses.

12-28-2005, 09:00 AM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)

ahah!! you forgot, 2 things

1)if you corner a paramite, you might get killed

2)remember the old saying "one can be fun, 2, you better Run!)

that's why i don't want a paramite.
12-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

If its trained, it won't care if you corner it.
Dont get 2 Paramites, stick with one.

I think a Scrab would be much more dangerous than a Paramite.

12-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Icarus
Howler Punk

Icarus  (10)

:
I think a Scrab would be much more dangerous than a Paramite.
unless you have a stun-gun on a stick, shock it till it learns.