11-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Freakin Fuzzle Force
Zappfly

: Oct 2005
: Quebec, Canada
: 10
Freakin Fuzzle Force  (10)
Oddworld A gabbit's tale

I've recently been working on my own fanfic, and here it is finally. I know, i got very little posts, well, this fic is actually the only reason I've made myself an account for, otherwise, I'd still be a mystery guest reading your fics. So this is only the prologue, and as most other prologues, this is just to get you into situation, but chapter one will be coming shortly, before saturday I promise.

Prologue

It has been a long time now, glukons had fished every single gabbit amidst the seas except one: Munch. Somehow, this Munch had managed to entirely destroy Vyker’s Lab, bring back a reasonable population of gabbits amongst the neighbouring oceans and prevent anyone from fishing them again. That, and every other facilities Munch and some mudokon, Abe, destroyed later one have proven to result in monstrous losses in the industry. Almost every single glukon who still owned fishing boats gave up and finally sold them for the junk metal they were worth, which is definitely not much. But dozens of years had passed, Abe had been captured and Munch had died peacefully in the depths of the ocean. Other heroes had arisen, but failed miserably.
With no one to get in his way now, Jiulus got back into the business after spending many years in the research industry. He still had his boats no one had, unregretfully, ever wanted to buy. Comfortably sitting in his office, he watched his massive fleet going through Pumer’s Bay, capturing any gabbit they could find. The price for their gabbiar and lungs was more than ten times higher than it used to be. Being unavailable for so many years certainly helped. Jiulus walked, well, tiptoed up to a screen and spoke to it.
-Captain, give me your report!
The screen flickered to life with an unpleasant buzzing sound, revealing a slig’s masked face. He was in a command room with screens and radars everywhere. Behind him stood a big bro slig, guarding the door with a big gun strapped to his back. The definitely high graded slig began to speak with his mechanical voice.
-Boss? Oh, right, my report, humm… We surely got a couple thousands of them by now. We have almost cleared the Pumer’s Bay. We are in final stage, sending divers to get any hiding gabbit and those too small for our nets.
-Good. Once you’re done there, clear the Mudon Lake, and extend a net near the entrance to prevent any of them from getting away. You wouldn’t want any of them to prevent other gabbits.
-Isn’t this specie amphibious anyway? I mean, can’t they just walk away?
-Yeah, but don’t worry, they are all too scared to get out of the water, you won’t have any problem. Get back to work now.
-Understood sir!
And the image died away again, the sound of the slig mumbling something about exploitation faded to nothingness. Business was back up and running once more. Jiulus walked by his window and looked near the horizon. The building was ten stories high, on top of the mountains. Thirty more stories were hidden underground. This is where mudokon slaves lived and worked in total injustice. He could see his ships sailing daringly from one lake to another, capturing anything in their path.
When he would be done, he could drain the rivers and use them for toxic wastes storage. An aquatic research facility would be built underwater in the Pumer’s Bay. Dozens of slig camps were actually being deployed all around Mudos with lots of new recruitment. This was the only way to ensure he would have the monopoly of the entire continent. This was definitely promising and he would not let such an occasion slip through his hands.

Read this if you want (I'm sure you want, come on!) A gabbit's tale

11-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Very interesting start.
You've piqued my interest.
I can't wait to learn about the hero.
Sorry to hear about Abe getting caught and Munch dying. Also sorry to hear that every other hero out there has failed miserably.

11-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Here we go again!
I'm intrigued, continue! Jiulus is one S.E.D! (Seriously Evil Dude).

It looks to be a good story. You've definatleygot my attention, which is a very good thing for a first chapter.

11-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Freakin Fuzzle Force
Zappfly

Dave, everybody has to end up somewhere, and my story required Abe and Munch to be, like, gone... Anyway, you have been waiting for it! (well maybe not, but if you're reading this...) And now, here it is finally! Chapter one!

Chapter 1

As I dragged myself out of the water, I felt the hot sun hammering on my greenish purple skin. Most of the other gabbits kept telling to stay underwater, well, that’s just because they were cowards. Rocks, fishes, algae and water: that’s all there is down there.
I looked down into the water, and looked at my reflected duplicate. My uselessly large eyeballs seemed to be struggling to get out of my skull, barely retained by my lids. My mouth was larger than my head and my lips couldn’t cover most of my short teeth. My nose stood proudly on top of my face, breathing for air by little convulsions. This is the same picture I used to see day after day, Crump’s picture.
I slowly walked into the forest, I had done so everyday for a couple of weeks now, each time going a little further, building up a mental map for myself. As I bounced between the trees, I remembered every single detail of what I saw, and what I had already seen. By now, I knew pretty much what was all around Pumer’s Bay. I had heard tales about crab-like animals: paramites and scrabs, but I never actually saw any of those. I guess none of them nested around, luckily.
My exploration journey led me to some kind of corridor. As I went further in, the rock walls went higher and higher nearing 5 gabbits high. I realized there was an opening at the other end, maybe a cavern or a den? Was anything living in there? If anything did, it was definitely quite big, and obviously carnivore. Maybe I should have been afraid; maybe I should just have turned around and run away, but I was too curious, it was too tempting. I silently approached the entrance. On each side stood big pyramid-shaped stones, both of them wore some engraved writing, but I couldn’t read it.
I peeked in, half tempted, half scared, and entered when I decided it was safe. There was a single chamber, almost perfectly spherical with a flat floor. Now relieved that there was no monster here, I realized how incredibly shaped that room was. A hole in the roof let the sun reach some kind of altar that stood in the middle. There was something special on top of it, but I couldn’t see it correctly because it was too high. Luckily, there was a pedestal.
I jumped on it, and admired the unbelievable artwork: the stone was shaped into a wave, but it seemed so realistic. The light was reflected on it as it would have been on real water. Was this even a rock? Could it have been water? I looked just like if a small wave had been frozen into time. I approached my hand slowly to touch it. What was it going to feel like? Water? Rock? OOUuch!!! As I touched the thing, I felt a rush of painful energy, like an electric shock, go through my whole body! I couldn’t remove my hand, no matter how hard I pulled. After a few seconds, which seemed to be hours, the pain was replace by a feeling of power, by strength, then by lust, then nothing. I finally could remove my hand. What had just happened? I didn’t know, but for some reason, this felt good, so I hesitantly touched it again. Nothing happened this time, to my great disappointment. Now I could really examine the stone with my hands though. It felt like water, but it was weird, imagine touching solid water at room temperature… Impossible, it had to be a rock.
What else could I have done here? I walked away, out of the camber, past the two pyramid-like totems and slowly bounced my way to the bay.

11-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

I like your writing style.
And I like this story.
I wonder what that stone is, and what touching it has done to him?
Good stuff.
Write some more.

11-04-2005, 07:57 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: Nov 2004
: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

Woah, let me tell ya that I'm really REALLY liking this story right now. I really like where this is going-it shows a lot of promise. Keep it up!

11-05-2005, 05:22 AM
metroixer
Outlaw Sniper

: Sep 2005
: Florida
: 1,512
metroixer  (-71)

I likey I likey! Give me more please! Also is this the only gabbit driven fanfic? I ain't to sure since I haven't read much of the fics but if it is then bravo for doing something different!
11-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

A star is born! Our Gabbit just got himself some spiritual powers in an Abe-like fasion, if I'm not mistaken.
Well, previously powers such as these led to the destruction of both Repture Farms and Soulstorm Brewery. Look out Industrials, the gabbit is coming!

11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Freakin Fuzzle Force
Zappfly

I don't think this is the only gabbit fanfic ever, since there are over 1000 posts in Fan Corner... Oh, and by the way, I know I'm great and everything, but I'm not perfect, so don't be shy to say it if you think something could be better, it will only help make this story even greater! So here it is, fellow readers, Chapter 2!!! It might take some time before chapter 3 come out though, 50% exams Monday, Tuesday and wednesday and an overnight party on thursday and friday. So don't really expect it before Saturday. It will only help the suspence!

Chapter 2

What had exactly happened? I couldn’t tell. Too many questions were flying around in my mind, and I struggled to answer them with rational answers. Not really conscious of anything around me, I fell on my face a couple of time, which actually helped me to get back to reality. A good swim would certainly help me change my mind too.
I was almost out of the forest. Finally, I could talk to some guys about that. Oh, it wouldn’t be very useful anyway, they would just tell me they we right about the “dry world”. Well, this experience sure had been kinda fun…
What is that?!? As I reached Pumer’s Bay, I briefly stood in terror. There were easily a hundred boats covering the wide bay. I walked slowly forward, and stared at myself in the water. Something caught my attention, not on my reflection, but on my webbed foot: A black drawing was covering part of it. The tattoo clearly represented water.
Where was that coming from? Maybe when I touched the statue? “Don’t be silly, I told myself, a tattoo can’t appear just by touching a statue! It’s got to be a stupid joke… but what with all those boats?”
I jumped into the water, but saw no one. I carefully moved inward the bay. There usually had a lot of gabbits loitering around here. I let out a long, sharp whistle… no answer. Another one, as intense as I could.
A faint answer from the darkness reached my ear. I distinguished a pale silhouette from the blue water. As the gabbit approached, I swarmed him with questions, but he didn’t bother answering them. It was one of my thirty-seven brothers, Gludzel. He looked panicked, and didn’t even listen to me.
-Gludzel? What the hell is going on in here?
-Go away Crump! Swim! Fast! Or they will catch you!
Only then I realized he wasn’t alone, there was something behind him. Gludzel suddenly stopped swimming. He struggled for a few seconds but the legless creature hit him hard on the head. It attached something to the leg of my brother, who just floated in direction of the nearest boat.
The slig looked at me, and moved with an automotive propeller. I swam to the shore as fast as I could. He moved faster than me though. So that’s what they call technology? Well you be damned technology!
He was close, and would catch me soon. It was no use. I looked behind me, daydreaming about myself killing this bastard, with rage, blood lust and hatred. Suddenly, right in front of me, water formed a strong current, then stronger and stronger, but it didn’t seem to affect me, it actually ran around me.
The slig didn’t have that chance, he lost grip on his propeller, and was violently drawn toward the massif. The poor guy broke his neck on the rocks.
The current died away, water was back to its normal state. I definitely had to get away. I hurriedly swam to the shore, I should be safe there. What actually meant all of this? Such a current can’t have come out of nowhere.
I had nothing more to do here, the best thing would be to run into the forest. Eventually, I might reach another lake and… oh, there would be boats there too. Only one thing to do: run away into the woods. I would surely find a refuge eventually… eventually.

11-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Hmm ... could Crump be ... teh w473r m4573r?!?!?!111/!/one
Clever. Like to see where this takes him.

11-07-2005, 12:58 AM
Splat

Tis good, but as you asked for suggestions I'll give em.
First off, I would make Crump more ignorant of dangers out of the water, things like scrabs, paramites and industrials would be less of a wory and more of a myth for creatures that rarely left the water. That's the way I see it, you don't have to listen to me.
Secondly, don't forget for the next chapter or so that all of Crump's family has just been killed! He just watched his brother killed but pitied the slig when it died more. Bare it in mind.

Still, it's very good, I'm looking forward to seeing this story go in some interesting directions!

11-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Freakin Fuzzle Force
Zappfly

Oh, right, I had, kinda forgotten about the loss of his family, I was more preocupied to violently destroy the slig. Lets just say it was the same for Crump. I'll correct that in the next chapter.

11-07-2005, 12:07 PM
metroixer
Outlaw Sniper

: Sep 2005
: Florida
: 1,512
metroixer  (-71)

Good chapter indeed! I like where this is going .
02-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

Me too, you tis be a great fan ficcer, you remind me of my early works, but I like yours, its original

02-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Mar 2005
: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)

I like yer writing style, how you build up the story - great work. I love this story, keep 'em chapters comin' cuz I'll be waiting

~DS~

02-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Fuzzleman54321
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2005
: Here and there.....Everywhere!
: 545
Fuzzleman54321  (10)

Wow! I just read your chapters! This is a great story! Ive not seen a gabbit story in ages! Nice work!

I'm back because there is news! wooh movie!