Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

08-02-2005, 11:42 PM
grubb_runt
Bolamite

: Jul 2005
: england
: 74
grubb_runt  (10)

*runt continued to walk the hallways passing the now empty elevator shaft an tilting his head as he looked downwards into the darkness of the shaft* "woah !!" *just then runt smilled gettin another idea*

runt: "HELOOOOO ! ?"

*he shrugged then turned the other way to head of not before cleanign up some of the mess that had been left behind for somone else to pick up after just as he bent down he heard the sqeak of a wheeling noise behind him "not him again" *he thought rolling his eyes as he heard from behind him "HI !" *the greeter had gotton his voice box installed again and was now determined to follow runt around*

runt "go away i have to work"

*the greeter just laughed at his coments wheeling away*

runt: "wow that was easy now back to work !"

"cry not for us our souls survive justice awaits the water rise"

08-03-2005, 03:43 AM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

: Jan 2005
: Sydney
: 1,631
mudling  (123)mudling  (123)

ooc: hi! i'm back, i had a bit of a writers block. what did i miss?

08-03-2005, 05:34 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: I'm glad yur back but, Pléase just go read back. This RP is becoming very messy you know?

08-03-2005, 05:36 AM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

: Sydney
: 1,631
mudling  (123)mudling  (123)

ooc: thanks, i know, but i have to read through about 10 pages, and i don't have the time, sorry.

08-04-2005, 01:02 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

#7 Slig turned to Arthur with a puzzled expression.

#7 Slig: "Uh... Why? I might as well ask that why do YOU Sligs have normal names instead of numbers? Anyways, welll... I dunno, I've always been known as #7 Slig. I suppose I had a longer set of numbers as a serial, but they just called me as the last number of it, 7. Don't know for sure. OK, let's see what can you do around here..."

He turned to Arnie.

#7 Slig: "Hey, boss, do you have any ideas?"

Arnie: "Well, the FeeCo station is kind of empty. There should be a watch Slig over there."

#7 Slig: "That should do it. OK, Arthur, you're assigned to the FeeCo station. You guard the area, report in if a train comes in, you know."

------------------------

EDIT: OOC: The 2nd page of the W@RF comic is ready at Fan Corner!

Last edited by dripik; 08-04-2005 at 09:29 AM..
08-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Arthur cocked his head to one side "Your serial number? Poor you. We got our names cause we either called ourselves that, like me, or some got their name from their nickname. Normally insulting stuff ya know. Anyway the Station? That should be easy, that was my job at FeeCo. Thanks er, #7. " He turns to Arni and Otto "Hey, thanks for the job, you know, boss er, bosses."
Arthur walked out and turned to them all (Boogie, Dek, Scruben, Floyd) "Hey guys, I got my job, I'm now supposedc to report on deliveries at the sation, just like my job at Feeco." He finishes the sentence with a sort of strained grimace. "Anyway, where we off to now?"

ooc: Boogie, if they just need to walk to the elevator you can control them.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

08-04-2005, 04:51 PM
ObscureSkillz
Chippunk

: May 2005
: Oddworld
: 23
ObscureSkillz  (10)

OOC: Can you control someone if you chant?
--------------------
Name:McSpud
Species:Mud
Personality:Weird.
Appearance:A mud kind of appearence.
--------------------

Last edited by ObscureSkillz; 08-04-2005 at 05:31 PM..
08-04-2005, 09:05 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OOC: Um, sorry but you can't. Just "chanting" to be able to control other players, would be a lame excuse to powerplay.... Sorry =/
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

08-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)

OOC : Unless it's a special event, and the other player agrees, like in w@rf v2, Kix possessed CS, and sorry I haven't been posting much, I got bored, but since I got a custom title, I'll probably start posting again. Only tommorow though, going to bed soon...
08-05-2005, 02:45 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Hey, you're back here! Your custom title is different to most. Anyway boogie hasn't replied yet so I can't do anything. And I too would think possesion isn'r allowed, as you can't control another player's character without their permission. So, if you want to be always able to possess a character, would suggest creating another guy who your mudokon can possess, or get permission from whoever you want to possess first via PM.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

08-05-2005, 09:38 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

OOC:
:
ooc: Boogie, if they just need to walk to the elevator you can control them.
Okay.

-IC-

Boogie: "Um, Fl-"
Floyd: "Yea, yea. Follow me."
Boogie: "I'll carry Scruben again."
Scruben: "Okay."

*Boogie makes Scruben sit on his back.*
Boogie: "Where to?"

*Floyd walks to the door where they entered.*

Flody: "Erm, we came from left so we'll go to the right from here. Down the road.
And then, If correct, there should be a working elevator there.
When we go down, we're at the um... the... the Packaging.
So we'll need to go to... right,... right,... past the grinding area, and then
we're back at the cafeteria. Okidoki.

Follow me."
*Floyd starts walking down the hallway*

Boogie: "Okay then."

*Boogie, Arthur and Dek follow Floyd*
*They arrive at elevator.*
*Boogie takes 'em down.*
*Floyd walks further with them all following*
*They arrive at the grinding area.*

"Well this is an interesting trip isn'it?" Floyd asked.
Boogie: "Whateva. Hey, who's that?"
Scruben: "Who?"
Boogie: "There" *points at Sefon*

Floyd: "I dunno. I barely see him."
Scruben: "And I can't see anything."
Boogie: "What's he doing?"
Floyd: "Hey, that looks a bit like um, that guy who wanted to help you earlier."
Scruben: "Sefon?"
Floyd: "Yea, that's him."
---

OOC: Gretin, if Sefon isn't in the grinding area anymore, I'll change it.

08-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Arthur and Dek followed Boogie's finger. Arthur squinted, his Slig eyes proving to be of little use "Uhh, yeah, I see a sort of, greyish...thing, a bit like a mudokon." He rubs his mask goggles "Damn mask, still grimy. And what's with all this scrap metal?" *He points at the remains of the grinders*
Dek looked "Sefon? Sefon? Ah yes, the mudokon who was with you all earlier. Yes, looks like him. Hello!?"

ooc: Gretin, same as boogie. Also, for those who I RP with, would it be easier to follow for you if I changed to the more conventional RP style like you all use?

08-05-2005, 01:05 PM
ObscureSkillz
Chippunk

ObscureSkillz  (10)

OOC:I was hoping I could posses Lulu...
McSpud: "Lousy scrape metal! Always getting dirty!"
Random Slig: "Freeze!"
McSpud: "What! If you got something to say to me, SAY IT! I'm just waxing SCRAPE METAL! SHUT UP!"
Random Slig: "Whoa, you ever thought of being a guard?"
McSpud: "Really?"
Random Slig: "Yep."
*Calls #7 Slig*
Random Slig: "Hey boss, McSpud should be a guard, Over!"
*McSpud kills the random slig and steals his gun and Radio.*

Last edited by ObscureSkillz; 08-05-2005 at 01:10 PM..
08-05-2005, 01:39 PM
General Dripikk
Thudslug

: Slig Barracks
: 188
General Dripikk  (10)

*Arnie's door swung open.* "Hey, Arnie, my main man. hey, what did ya want to discuss about? hey, I've got the money you wanted, $300 in cash," Hank said in a greeting voice. Zack lit up Hank's cigar. "If you wanna discuss about anything, I swear I will answer your questions." Hank said.
:
:/Soulstice that was a little harsh... correction, very harsh. These kids are annoying, yes, and I know I've had a right old go at them in the past,
Dino being nice to dumbass kind??? O.o

08-05-2005, 01:49 PM
ObscureSkillz
Chippunk

ObscureSkillz  (10)

*So McSpud killed 75 more random sligs and threw their guns in Arnie's room.*
*McSpud ran away before anyone saw him.*
McSpud: "Hahaha"
08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: ObscureSkillz, it would be nice if you would A) Read the backstory, if you haven't already, and B) Read the rules Dripik stated at the start of the RPG. It is clearly stated that random characters are not allowed.
Thank you.

:
OOC: Gretin, if Sefon isn't in the grinding area anymore, I'll change it.
:
ooc: Gretin, same as boogie.
Yeah, I haven't moved him yet, so I guess he's still there.

IC:

Sefon heard voices coming towards the grinding area and quickly lowered his hand, making the piece of metal he had been "carrying" fall down on the ground.
He turned to face them.

Sefon:"Hey, guys. Yep, it's me, Sefon. This is a pretty big mess here."

OOC: I'll do some stuff with my other characters when I've got a bit more time.

08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

OOC:
:
Also, for those who I RP with, would it be easier to follow for you if I changed to the more conventional RP style like you all use?
Nah. You can RP the way you're dong. It's fine. But it would be clearer if you'd hit the enter button more often.

--IC--

Floyd: "Whoa! This place is pretty messed up! How come I didn't see this earlier? Better make some notes. *grabs notebook* hmm, grinder number which ones?"
*Floyd walks up to the grinders and starts making notes*

Boogie: "What in the name of Odd happened here?! It seems that this place IS falling apart."
Scruben: "Hi, Sefon!"
Boogie: "This can't be good."
"It isn't" Floyd answered while writing things down.
Boogie: "Ye-wu-Why? What happened?"
Floyd: "Hmm...*looks at grinder* er... *writes some other word down* Could you ask Sefon? I'm kinda busy."

Boogie: "Yea I noticed. Erm, Sefon?"
---
OOC: I just choked in a choclate-chip muffin. Could you believe that?

08-06-2005, 09:35 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: I might as well welcome the two new members, but I'm not really happy with the start. ObscureSkillz, your posts don't make sense. A Mudokon killing a random Slig, then suddenly turns up at Rupture Farms after killing more 75 random Sligs... And your character's profile should be a bit more detailed. And General Dripikk, your post is a bit better, though I don't remember that Arnie ever wanted to speak to Hank even without knowing him, and that $300 is new for me, too. But the character profiles are great.

-----------------------

RG-49: "If you agree, Boss, I shall go to Maintenance for a system check."

Arnie: "Yeah, sure, go on, RG."

RG-49 went out of the Board Room.

Rick: "And I think I'll go down to the Cafeteria, maybe I can do something there, sir."

Arnie: "Sure thing. Move along."

Rick went after RG-49.

08-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

I'm finally back from holiday! And with a whole new bunch of ideas, I recon it's about time to add another character for those awkward moments when Stivik is taking a shower and no one wants to know any more than that (or something), so here we are!

Name: Jim
Race: Mudokon
Appearance: Generally your average mud, green skin, loin cloth. Black and purple feathers and several long scars down his back.
Bio: Jim was captured at an early age and was given to a very nasty slig. Since than he's been terrified of them, he can hardly work when they're around but is fine when the area's slig-free. This has got him kicked out of several jobs before getting himself packed off to Repture Farms!

Stivik sticks his head out of the cupboard in time to see a slightly unorthadox-looking greeter trundle past. Shrugging, he steps out of the cupboard and heads off towards the grinders. The odd spanner in the works should make Arnie look even worse, this was why he never bothered to learn machanics, for a snoop it's a lot better to be bad at this sort of thing!

Meanwhile, Jim's train pulls into the station very soon after another. He sticks his head nervously out of the door and spots a slig and a mudokon talking. Gulping, he slips back into the carraige, hoping that the slig at least goes away!

08-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

:
OOC:
Nah. You can RP the way you're doing. It's fine. But it would be clearer if you'd hit the enter button more often.
OOC: A-heh-heh-heh, yeah. I mean to but when I start typing I often forget to press it. Heh.

IC:
Arthur whistled "Phew, this is some wreck. Imagine the moolah we could make selling this as scrap to metal processing plants! Er, I mean, gee, someone should really fix this so the factory can keep running. Yeah. Anyway Sefon how'd you manage to do this? I didn't hear nothing that sounded like stuff breaking and you're one mudokon, so how did it happen?"
*He turns to Floyd*

"And why do you need to note this? I'm sure he already knows, or do you wat a promotion? Nah I'm only messin. But I bet Arnie knows, cause like, how can you miss this?"

*Dek sighs to himself, muttering to Boogie and Scruben*
"Health hazard after health hazard here. If this doesn't get cleared up then someone will hurt themselves. Oh well, at least I might be able to earn my pay. "

OOC: Is that better spaced?

08-06-2005, 02:04 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Yes, that's much clearer, Munch Master.
Welcome back, Splat.

IC:
Sefon:"Haven't the foggiest idea! I just came along and saw a big mess, so I started trying to tidy it a bit, you know, just sorting the scrap."

Groll growled.

Groll:"Well you'd better keep out of my way. I don't take kindly to goofs."

He managed to lift the crate and staggeringly made his way down the passage to head for the grinders. It was pretty heavy, but there was no way he was asking that mudokon to help him!

Frod stood grinning for a moment, then started walking down the passage after Groll.

08-06-2005, 03:10 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: Way clearer, MM.
---IC---

*Floyd stops writing and checks the grinders once more*

Floyd: "Few. Well, that's done. And why I'm noting this? Well, I know that people have seen this, but I'm almost sure that None of them takes the time to write down serial numbers. That way we can't order materials for things like these to be fixed.
And I don't think we can re-forge the residue-scrap here to fix them grinders up. That'd take way too long."

*Turns to group*
"Well, I think we can be off then. The cafeteria is right round this corner."

Boogie: "Sure."
Floyd: "Bye Sefon."
Boogie: "See ya."
Scruben: "Well I can't but anyway, bye Sefon."
*Floyd walks off to the cafeteria with Boogie following*

Floyd: "Navigate..., navigate... MAP!"
*Floyd spots a map and runs towards it*
Floyd: "What does this say.
1... Door 2... North... hmm... FeeCo station. Found it!"

Boogie: "Cool. And what about Dek's lab?"
Floyd: "Well, lemme see... Labs... labs... Laboratories. Yup, found it."
Boogie: "Great. Where to?"
Floyd: "Dek needs to go through that door and down the entire hallway, then he'll reach the um, Labs. The FeeCo station is through that door, up the hallway, and through the second door right. That's the station."

Boogie: "Okay. Where will we go to?"
Floyd: "There seem to be lots of machines at the station, so I'll be going up there. And you and Scrubby can better stay with Dek. Just in case."
Boogie: "Yeah. In case."
Scruben: "Aww. But you're right. Okay. I'll do it."

08-07-2005, 02:21 AM
grubb_runt
Bolamite

grubb_runt  (10)

ooc: hey guys anyone can interact with me or anything......please ?

*runt then pulled himself to his feet heading to higher levels to check what was there hoping he wouldnt bump into greeter again on his way he began to hum to himself a kind off simple hum but it kept him ocupied whilst walking up and down the hallways witch seemed barron at the moment"

"hello ?? anybody out there ??.......damn it !"

*he growled to himself muttering "meat factory hmp !" *kicking his bucket over as he walked he then scurried to pick it back up* "agh now i need more water but on the plus side i have a lighter bucket *he grinned to himself now walking with a spring in his step to the nearest platform passing more mess on te way "not my problem" he thought as he looked for any signs to wear he was now*

"if i stay here somone will be bound to come..............right ?"

08-07-2005, 02:52 AM
SligNewsCasterGod!
Chippunk

: Boogying on down!
: 29
SligNewsCasterGod!  (10)

OOC: You could've interacted with me... if you stayed with me.

Everybody hates me.

NEW AND TASTY!: Hells Servants RPG coming soon!

08-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Grubb, why don't you interact with someone? There are plenty of people about!

Stivik wandered down to the grinder and looked around. That annoying mud that Groll had warned him about was there, plus the vykker he'd met earlier and a slig.
Stivik: "Hey guys, come to admire the mess? Gonna take a week or two to get this fixed up isn't it?" He looks around. "Who shifted all the junk? Yesterday it was all over the place!"

Jim watches Groll leave the station and decides its safe to leave the train. The mudokon runs after the slig as he steps out and with a sigh, he runs after him. Making sure the sligs not too near, he whispers:
Jim: (to Frod) "Hey, dude! You new here too?"

08-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

ooc: I really want/need to post something here to help develop Arthur's character, but I can't without causing a spoiler to my fic. Should I post it? If you think I should then say yes, but be warned, it'd be a pretty big spoiler for my fic.

Arthur turned to Stivik "Yesterday? Oh great, so this is why those alarms were ringing when I first arrived. It's still a wreck though, and let's just be glad someone shifted it, means we won't trip up on anything right?"

ooc: Sorry, it's just i can't post more without doing the spoiler.

08-07-2005, 07:26 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC: Sure, grubb_runt, that is what RPGing is about - interacting with others and see how they react.

--------------------------

Arnie: "We might as well leave too, Otto."

Otto: "Can I have a decent meal at last?"

Arnie: "Oh, whatever. Let's go to the Cafeteria, then."

They went out of the Board Room.

--------------------------

Rick: "Hey, RG, wait up!"

He ran after RG-49.

RG-49: "What do you want, Mudokon organic? You cannot join me for Maintenance, altough I can try refreshing your memory, might do some good for you... or not."

Rick: "Right... No, I just remembered about the broken grinders. You should hurry with your business..."

RG-49 stops and looks at Rick.

RG-49: "A Mudokon organic lecturing me what to do?"

Rick: "Hey, hey... Don't take it that serious, I just said we might need you at..."

He took a few steps back.

RG-49: "I advise you to get out of my sight before I empty your memory core out of your head just by pressing a trigger."

Rick: "Whoa... I'm out of here."

Rick ran down the corridor.

Rick: "He really needs some maintenance. I hope bad temper is repairable at these robots."

He ran towards the Cafeteria.

08-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: Everywhere!
: 123
Jarnww  (10)

Sev woke up a while later. He was in a dark place which looked old and worn down. He knew where he was. This was the old part of Rupture Farms, the part which survived the destruction Abe caused when he came here.

Sev looked above him. He took a deeper plunge than expected. The bottom of the elevator shaft had broken when he fell through it, and he was now resting on some web-like substance.

Sev:"Damn, so this is the old plant. doesn't look so impressive when it's covered in dust and web. Wait a second....WEB?!?" Sev grabbed his gun and checked it's ammo. He sighed with relief. It was still full. He thought the ammo canister may have broken during the fall.

He then attempted to stand up. Nothing happened. Sev turned around to see his pants broken on the ground. Sev cursed and looked around. It was paramite webbing, that's for sure. There were rumors that some animals escaped the stockyards when the first Rupture Farms was destroyed. Looks like the rumors were true.

Sev:"If I get out of here, I should tell the boss that we've got a new, easy way to find animals now."

Sev laughed to himself and slithered into the darkness with his gun tight in his hands. A huge pile of debris dropped, blocking the hole in the elevator shaft and exterminating any trace of light. Hisses could be heard in the distance. Hisses for BLOOD! BOOGABOOGABOOGA!

OOC: Sorry about that. And sorry if the post was a bit long. This may spice up some things! I may make a new character soon, but it isn't a Mud, Slig, Gluk or Grubb. STAY TUNED! Sorry for that too.

08-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Splat

ooc: MM, now you see the problem of posting a character from your fiction. It's really up to you, but my personal choice would be to write a different backstory and such for ths Aurthur, even if the characters (personalities, habits, ect) are the same.
That way you can develope the character without saying to much.

Stivik: "Well look at all this junk! It's hardly a 10 minute job to clear it all up! To get it done since last night it would take about 20 people working all night! We don't have that many mud -okons here for some reason, and I can't honestly say I could see sligs doing this. It's hardly our line of work!" He looks suspiciously at Sefon.
Stivik: "What ever anyway, we should just get on with this before Repture Farms shuts down again, which would be a tragedy, anyone here have the slightest idea what we're gonna do?"

08-08-2005, 04:37 AM
grubb_runt
Bolamite

grubb_runt  (10)

*runt continued down the hallways humming as he tryed figure out the size of this place heading onwards towards the grinding area passing Stivik trying not to catch his attention as he gripped the handle of his bucket as much as he could*

"ok runt just shhhhhhh not that hard is it ?"

*he slowly headed into a dark area just behind him as sat down thinking he could slack off for a while the task of finding water was basicly imposible so why try ? he asked himself silently watching from the shadows perfectly suited the shy attitude of runt before he started to close his eyes to drift of for a while hoping he'd tsya out of the way*