07-24-2005, 10:40 PM
quidproquo
Chippunk

: Mar 2004
: NY
: 28
quidproquo  (10)
Oddworld must make citizen siege

I have just learned that our government is comprised of no more than crooks. I know that is no revelation, but I'm having a much better understanding of it and am ready to stop being so complacent. I've been learning from many organizations that what 'truly' conspired on 9/11 is not quite true.

Now, I'm not saying i totally believe what they say. But there are organizations that believe there were many lies told with regard to the events that took place that day.

1. A plane never hit the pentagon, it was indeed a missile. There was no damage on the building where wings should have impacted. There was no debris from a plane left. They claim that DNA was discovered, yet the plane vaporized (perplexing). The FBI rushed to gather recordings from survelance cameras from all local businesses that had cameras trained on the pentagon.
The supposed terrorists flew right over a nuclear power plant. If they had hit this target, it would have caused far greater damage. More dead, with a crippled economy.

2. The towers (all three) fell in a very controlled way. It is believed that bombs were in place in the twin towers and tower 7. The buildings would not have fallen that fast on their own.

YOu guys should check out websites regarding 9/11 truth and see what you think for yourselves.

I just think that oddworld's pending title, citizen siege, would address these sort of issues, and could be the most important game or piece of media released ever.

PS: sorry to all those i let down, who were excited about the project i was working on. It's currently in a coma. I don't own any computer equipment of my own and that sort of put a damper in things when the summer began.

07-25-2005, 04:18 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

In fact, I totally HATE (Edit: shit, I pressed the submit button again. Poo.) the idea of citizen siege.
Oddworld Inhabitants should stay Oddworld.
I mean, WTF? Oddworld goes Earth style. That'd mess it all up.

And err... your theory doesn't make sense to me. Why should OWI make Citizen siege? OWI hasn't got anything to do with earth-ish problems.
And besides, other gaming industries make those kind o' games by day.

Edit2: I read my post over again, and it might be a bit weird. But that's because I just woke up and my left foot is frozen somehow. And that's annoying as hell.

Last edited by big bro boogie; 07-25-2005 at 04:43 AM.. : Argh. The Caps-Lock button and the tab button are too close to eachother.
07-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

:
OWI hasn't got anything to do with earth-ish problems.

If you would actualy pay attention to the story lines in the games, you'd notice that OWI is all about earth-ish problems. From AO to Strangers Wrath. Every game has a moral to the story which is in direct contact with the problems we face on earth every day.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

07-25-2005, 07:10 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)
Stupid Foot.

:
If you would actualy pay attention to the story lines in the games, you'd notice that OWI is all about earth-ish problems. From AO to Strangers Wrath. Every game has a moral to the story which is in direct contact with the problems we face on earth every day.
Oh, err... see, I woke up with a frozen foot. But it's over now so I get the idea.

Alright, but what I meant to say was that Citizen Siege was supposed to be a game ON Earth. That's the part that I hate.
And as I look back at quidproquo's theory, it does make sense.

So, sorry for any misunderstanding. Really. I'm sorry. *crawls back into dark corner*

07-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Abe16
Outlaw Bomber

: May 2003
: on earth
: 2,046
Abe16  (11)

Never thought that it had everyday problems,
AO-Like,some man trying to save his friends from slaughter.
AE-Read previous sentance.
MO-Helping someone with their and your problem.
SW-That's just how muder mysterys start. Someone wants someone killed.

“You shouldn't just be a band, ... If you've got the time and you've got the space you've got to make something of it. We might balls the whole thing up but you've got to try!”~Josh Homme, Queens of the Stone Age

07-25-2005, 11:17 AM
quidproquo
Chippunk

: Mar 2004
: NY
: 28
quidproquo  (10)

Oddworld's oddworld games are excellent, but just because they're called oddworld doesn't mean they have to make oddworld games. Citizen siege is a title that would allow them to move away from parody and to direct commentary of what's so ****ed up about the world we live in.

07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Mar 2005
: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)

:
In fact, I totally HATE (Edit: shit, I pressed the submit button again. Poo.) the idea of citizen siege.
Oddworld Inhabitants should stay Oddworld.
I mean, WTF? Oddworld goes Earth style. That'd mess it all up.

And err... your theory doesn't make sense to me. Why should OWI make Citizen siege? OWI hasn't got anything to do with earth-ish problems.
And besides, other gaming industries make those kind o' games by day.

Edit2: I read my post over again, and it might be a bit weird. But that's because I just woke up and my left foot is frozen somehow. And that's annoying as hell.

I agree with BBB, cuz I personaly I like the "real Oddworld" and exchange Oddworld with Earth doesn't sound good to me... I mean What would Oddworld-games with NO conection to Oddworld become? NONE! that's all! And by the way If OI are going to make a new game then I suggest that they have to do a game which has or have relations to the previous OW-games... That's only my opinion though so...

07-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Scrab Watcher
Boombat

: Aug 2004
: Ireland
: 212
Scrab Watcher  (10)

Oh, I don't mind. I'd like to see Citizen Siege pop up somewhere, it sounds hilarious. As long as they don't quit with the Oddworld stuff (which I really can't see happening) it'd be fine. AmeriCo. Brillaint. How can you not want a game/movie with stuff like that in it?

07-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Mar 2005
: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)
Native

:
Oh, I don't mind. I'd like to see Citizen Siege pop up somewhere, it sounds hilarious. As long as they don't quit with the Oddworld stuff (which I really can't see happening) it'd be fine. AmeriCo. Brillaint. How can you not want a game/movie with stuff like that in it?

Hmmm good question.... well they're calling themselves Oddworld Inhabitants and what I want to say with that is; If they're going to make a game, like this one I'm not against the Idea I like it, but when they mentioned Earth then I thought; Why Earth when they got Oddworld? I like Oddworld more... It's a special thing they have which what shall I call it... ah never mind, the Oddworld's something which is created by OI and start something new, when not having finished the first one at the first place? It sounds kinda wacco to me.

Anyhow, the Idea's good but the plot/story has to be on Oddworld, It's only what I'm thinkin' 'bout and I guess that'll be all. If you want to talk more about it then you may send me an email, then we could have a lil chat...

See Ya!

DS

Last edited by Dancing Steef; 07-30-2005 at 07:27 AM..
07-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I'd love to see a CS movie a bit in the "Sin City" style (thus Humans in a CG world)
I realy think Lorne has to spit all his anger about politics, something that's hard to do on oddworld because on oddworld different creatures have different functions...

on earth all the functions are done by humans.

that's why politics would be a lot more complicated to do on oddworld