Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

11-21-2001, 12:50 AM
DaBoy1216
Zappfly

: Nov 2001
: 3
DaBoy1216  (10)
MO: Trying to get perfect quarma.

Okay, here's a question for all of you who, like me, couldn't put this game down until you'd beaten it!

I've beaten the game, and I'm going for perfect Quarma now. Every fuzzle, every Mudoken. I'm in the sloghut where the sligs are pulling levers to drop bombs on you. I've gotten 7 of the 11 mudokens out okay, but there are still 4 mudokens scrubbing away on the platforms where the sligs are. Does ANYONE know how to get them down off of there?! I have successfully possessed all 4 sligs on those platforms, and killed them, but the scrubs are still up there, and there appears to be no way to get them down. Any help would be appreciated!

Overall, great game, with some fantastic cut-scenes!! I wish there was a way, after you've beaten it, to go back & watch the cut-scenes!

Lunch
11-21-2001, 01:22 AM
Conzumah
Stingbee

: Oct 2001
: Asheville, NC
: 86
Conzumah  (10)

if you have saved the 7 mudokons then you know where the bird portal is at the end of the level. right next to the bird portal are two vendo machines. one of them is BOUNCE. drink the bounce and run to the platforms, then you are able to jump to the muds, throw them off onto the floor and carry them to saftey. you say that you've possessed and killed all of the sligs in the stage, but if you find that you haven't killed all of them, the second vendo machine happens to be an INVISIBILITY, so drink it and don't worry about it. hope that helps you out.

Spiral out. Keep going...

11-21-2001, 04:29 AM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

You completed it ALREADY!?
cool

Apparently, if you don't kill ANYTHING in the whole game you get a special ending. That could have been a rumour though. Try it anyway.
11-21-2001, 01:44 PM
Chris Co Depot
Boombat

: Aug 2001
: Maine,USA
: 236
Chris Co Depot  (10)

I just thought i'd tell you incase you didn't know if you are trying to get perfect quarma you can't kill the native muds. even though you can bring them back your quarma will stil go down!

11-21-2001, 02:24 PM
DaBoy1216
Zappfly

: Nov 2001
: 3
DaBoy1216  (10)

Wow! Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees! I guess I misspoke when I said I got out the first 7. Actually, they're still standing in front of the levers, waiting for me to tell them to pull them. I got so caught up trying to get the other 4, I didn't even think to open the door! Thanks!

BTW, I've killed some Native Mudokens, & my Quarma's still perfect. Just thought I'd let you know!
11-21-2001, 03:13 PM
Conzumah
Stingbee

: Oct 2001
: Asheville, NC
: 86
Conzumah  (10)

yeah, the natives don't matter. if you go to the check quarma screen, on levels with ONLY native muds, there is no quarma to be gained or lost. so you can kill and ressurect as many times as needed. otherwise obtaining perfect quarma would be all based on luck, and OWI don't usually base these things on just luck.

Spiral out. Keep going...

11-21-2001, 03:49 PM
Chris Co Depot
Boombat

: Aug 2001
: Maine,USA
: 236
Chris Co Depot  (10)

thats weird the first time I played I saved every thing(for as far as I got)and killed some natives then brought them back so my quarma said 95 out of 95 but the pic of munch wasn't all the way to the right!

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Chris Co Depot ]

11-21-2001, 06:32 PM
FuzzyFuzzle
Spark Stunk

: Sep 2001
: 369
FuzzyFuzzle  (10)

I think Native muds can die, but if you purposely (according to the game) kill them you get bad quarma. I forget which level it was, but one I had to throw muds between platforms, and kept dropping them to the mines below. And I got very bad quarma on that level. So I guess as long as you don't throw natives off cliffs or onto mines, or kill them by slapping or shooting, you won't lose quarma.

As for whether you get a "perfect ending" or not, in the previous games even if you missed a couple muds you got the perfect ending...but now there are more factors to quarma, so my theory may be wrong.
http://oddworldian.net/misc/banners/FuzzyFuzzle.gif