Thudslug

: Nov 2004
: UK
: 162
Martian  (10)
Maniacal Mind

Only the prologue at the moment.

Prologue
The enormous drill was positioned carefully in front Mr. Widrow’s face. The light reflected off its rusty metal arts as the dentist proceeded to turn it on. The drill slowly moved forward towards Mr. Widrow’s forehead.
“Erm, doc,” said Mr. Widrow, with a worried sound in his voice, “Aren’t you suppose to be drilling my…”
Before the man could finish the drill was tightly lodged inside his forehead, spinning, causing immense amounts of blood to fly across the room. Mr. Widrow’s dying body shook violently as the white-coated maniac drilled further and further into his delicate skull. The drill slowed down, and the dentist pulled the drill from Mr. Widrow’s blood covered head. His brain could be seen through the broken pieces of bone and blood which the dentist seemed to have fun looking at. The dentist stepped back to his desk and pushed a red button, signalling the next patient to enter.
06-29-2005, 07:13 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

Wow...that was really disturbing. But it was a great beginning for your story! I'd love to see more of this soon-it's very intense and creepy.

06-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

Martian...are you familiar with the legend of Sweeny Todd, the demon barber of Fleet Street?

A very queasy beginging. I'm not much for gore, but I am interested in this dentists motives and whatnot, so I may hang on for a bit.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

06-30-2005, 09:00 AM
Martian
Thudslug

: UK
: 162
Martian  (10)

Thanks for reading guys. And, yes, I have heard of the demon barber of Fleet Street Nepharski.

Here are Chapter 1, 2 and 3.
Enjoy
[Does Contain Some Bad Language]
Detective Boris Wilson was making his way through crowds of various other policemen and journalists inside the squashed conditions of the dentist ward. A previous 2 hours ago, Mr. Widrow was brutally killed after having come for a small filling in his bottom tooth. Wilson never wanted to see the body as he was squeamish – unfortunate for any detective investigating a murder. Still, he wanted to keep his job so he had to do it.

The white sheet was pulled quickly from a body underneath it. As the air rushed to it, it let off a stench that made Wilson and many around him hold their noses in disgust. Wilson wanted to leave now; he couldn’t take anymore of the body’s cold stare, it’s bloody wound which revealed parts of the fragile brain, the blood-covered walls.

“Damn it Wilson, why did you throw up?!” shouted a short sweaty man. He stood up from his little chair behind an even smaller desk. “There was sufficient evidence there, and you went and ****ed it up with your pepperoni pizza and fries vomit!”
“Actually it was cheese and tomato, sir,” replied Wilson.
“I don’t care! The vomit covered some of the body and most of the evidence! Now when we go to take samples we’ll get covered in your shit!”
“Actually it’s vomit sir.” Wilson was trying not to laugh as his boss moved closer and closer towards him. His boss’s eyes were large and red; veins were showing clearly through the white of his eye. It was as if his eyes were trying to escape from his sweaty face.
“If we’re going to catch the guy who did this, you’re going to have to control yourself, Wilson.”

Victor Donaldson sat drinking coffee at his dining table. He looked like an unhealthy man, about 30 years old. Below his eyes hung purple bags, indicating his had lost considerable amounts of sleep. His back was hunched over, as he sipped his coffee slowly. Every now and then his eyes would close, but he would always wake up again. His wife, Jennifer, sat beside him. Unlike him, she was happy. She had cooked him and his baby son, Ted, full English breakfasts and now she was eating it with a constant smile. Over the years Victor has grown to hate his wife – she had the better life - better job, better friends. It was envy.
“Aren’t you going to eat your breakfast Victor?” asked his cheery wife. Victor didn’t answer. “Well, Victor?”

Chapter 2
“This time, Wilson, don’t mess things up!”

Wilson sat at the dining room table and spoke into his radio.
“I’m at the Donaldson house. A murder of a wife, about 30 years of age, and a young child; boy, about 1 year of age. I’m investigating now.”
Wilson stood and walked over to a crowd of people surrounding something in the corner of the kitchen. They moved aside as Wilson stepped closer and revealed a man shivering in the corner.
“He’s the husband,” whispered a detective.
Wilson stepped closer and kneeled down and began to speak quietly to him.
“Hello sir. Can you tell me what happened here?” The room lay silent. Wilson stood up again and turned to a fellow detective.
“Get this guy down to the station for questioning.”
“Wait,” said the quivering man in the corner. “I have answers…”

Dr. Sunderland sat in the interviewing room at the local police station, twiddling his thumbs. He wiped away the small droplets of sweat from his wrinkly forehead, and stared at the small window peeking out into the rest of the station. Dr. Sunderland was waiting to be interviewed because he was a dentist. The dentist in the ward where Mr. Widrow was murdered. Dr. Sunderland looked over to the small, brown door, waiting and watching, when it suddenly opened.
“Dr. Sunderland,” said a bald man, quickly entering. “I’m Detective Ray Weather; this is my partner Detective Jessica Car.” The two detectives sat down opposite Dr. Sunderland at the small blue table in the centre of the room.
“Dr. Sunderland, do you realise the seriousness of what happened in your dentist room?” asked Detective Car.
“Yes, yes I do,” replied Dr. Sunderland, staring straight into Detective Car’s eyes.
“Then tell us…” began Detective Weather.
Weather was quickly interrupted by Dr. Sunderland.
“Look, I didn’t kill the guy!” Dr. Sunderland looked panicked and worried; almost frustrated.
“When did we say you did, Dr. Sunderland?” replied Car.

Opposite in the next room at the same station, Victor Donaldson was being interviewed by Detective Wilson.
“You said you had answers, Donaldson!” shouted Wilson. “Tell me what happened to your wife and kid.”
There was silence between the two.
“It was that dentist… Dr. Sunderland…” muttered Victor.
“Dentist?!” Wilson had a confused look on his face.
Victor began to tell his story. “I discovered some text messages last week on my wife’s mobile. They revealed what she had been doing the weekend before. Having sex with… him… Tim Widrow; my friend from work. Although I hated my wife greatly, I felt betrayed by Tim. I wanted revenge. I discovered a website on the internet. It was Dr. Sunderland’s website. He suggested ways to get revenge on his site. But I wanted to kill Tim. I rang Dr. Sunderland on the phone number he suggested on his site, and requested he brutally murder Tim. He agreed. He killed Tim Widrow for me. I wanted more revenge, so I killed my wife. My son also perished as I felt finding out his own father killed his mother would be hard for him. I am sad about killing my family, yes, but it needed to be done, Detective.”

Chapter 3
“Wilson! WILSON!” cried a young woman detective, being held by the neck by Dr. Sunderland. Against the side of her head was a small pistol. One pull of the trigger and she would’ve been dead. Fire was all around the station, bodies were lying everywhere on the floor in puddles on blood. Wilson was trying to take control of the situation.
“Look, Sunderland, if you kill her and get away, we’ll find you and Donaldson in the end.”
“Donaldson is dead. I killed him. He told you everything. He’s a coward,” replied Dr. Sunderland. “Plus I can always cover my tracks, Detective Wilson.” A twisted grin spread across his face as he pointed the gun to Wilson and fired. A small metal bullet flew across the room at immense speeds and plunged itself inside Wilson’s stomach. He fell to the ground with a thud. And in all that time Dr. Sunderland had escaped the station.

5 minutes previous…
A gun shot was heard in Dr. Sunderland’s interview room. Detective Ray Weather was lying in his chair, his chest heavily bleeding. Detective Jessica Car was being held by the neck by Dr. Sunderland, threats thrown at her every second. Then suddenly: an explosion. Other Detectives in the station set on fire; thrown across the room, balls of flames demolished half the station. Dr. Sunderland kicked open the interview room door, breaking it off its hinges. He fired two shots of Detective Weather’s pistol at a man – Victor Donaldson.
“****ing coward,” he said to himself as watched Victor fall to the floor.
“Don’t move, Sunderland!” suddnely shouted a voice.

Last edited by Martian; 06-30-2005 at 09:12 AM..
07-01-2005, 03:07 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

Great story, Martian-it's very creepy, descriptive and suspenseful in some areas. I could see a story like this becoming a horror movie-it's that good. Keep up the good work! *gives two thumbs up*

07-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

I like it. It's exciting.