Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

08-03-2001, 06:32 AM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: Apr 2001
: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)
My firts proper fanfic: Dark Hood and the Biros Mudokons

(OOC: Okay, now this one I plan to finish. This is my first proper Oddworld fan fic. Hope it isn't too crappy.)

Proluge:
Eddie Tugwell, a 15 year old teenager, went to bed one night after spending all day on the computer, completing both of the Oddworld Inhabitants games, rescuing all of the mudokons, then bragging about it on the internet to his online friends. Before going to sleep, he thought very hard about Oddworld, and dozed off. That night, he had a strange dream. . . He saw a mudokons head, floating in mid air. The first thing he noticed is that it had a very long, and very bushy dark blue ponytail dangling beneath it. The head itself, which was a slightly lighter blue was hovering there, as if it was asleep. After a while, it opened it's eyes, and began to speak in a warm, female voice:

"Use your new powers wisely. Shut down your biggest enemy. Make something out of your own life. Good luck, friend."

Two mudokon hands appeared out of nowhere, and the head and the hands began chanting, and then he felt like he was being possesed. He woke up with a start, to discover that he appeared to be glowing. After a while, the glowing stopped, and he took in what the strange mudokon had just said. When he eventaully got up, he discovered that instead of his normal jeans and t-shirt waiting by his bedside, he had a black hooded jumper with a pocket on the front of it, and he also had black boots and black jogging bottoms. Shrugging, he put them on. He then heard the voice of the mudokon clearly in his head:

"Find your new weapon outside your room, then start your training. Go."

Doing what he was told, he found a wooden stick outside his room, leaning against the wall. It looked quite strong, and had the initails "DH" burned into the end. Later that day, he eventually mananged to find out what he could do with his new powers, being guided by the mudokons voice. He could shoot powerful white hot energy beams out of his stick if he charged it up with energy first. He could also clean stuff, and repair small items using the same method, and enchanted the pocket on the front of his jumper so it could carry anything that could fit through the pocket entrance, and an unlimited amount of items. He could also activate a shield around himself just by thinking about it. His shield was a purple transparent ball that surrounded himself compleatly, made of a glass like materail. Only strong impacts could damage it. When he got back inside his house, and sat down infront of the computer, he then wondered why his online friends had started to call him Dark Hood for no reason. Later that week, after getting used to it all, he sucsessfully shut down Countryside Residentail, a housing company who once destroyed the wood next to his house, by diverting a lightning bolt through thier HQ, insinerating thier company files.
That night, he had another dream with the mudokon head in it:

"You have done well, friend. Please pocket all your belongings."

After waking up the next morning, he pockets what he can in his jumper pocket. He goes to sleep the next night, only to be awoken by a great flash of white, and the feel of travelling really, really fast. The feel of traveling was soon replaced by the feel of falling. He opened his eyes and discovered that he was fully dressed, and looked below, to see a habitable planet, and found that he was falling very fast toward the ground. His first skydivng experience, something he would never do, but found himself doing. He closed his eyes again, and activated his shield around himself, only to just wait for the point where man meets ground, which is normally fine, but not if you are travelling very fast toward it at your terminal velocity. Just then, he hits a massive leaf, which he falls through and lands badly on the ground below it with a bump. He hits his head on the ground, and gets knocked out. . .

08-10-2001, 08:06 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

Thats a good start to your story its cool
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words