Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

02-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Niteowl
Fuzzle

: Apr 2001
: 135
Niteowl  (10)
Mad Those d@mn two glocktigi

Do they ever run out of spit? They keep wrapping the steef before I can get a shot off and then that helicopter move of theirs keeps him from getting up to run...Just one of them would've given me a hard time.
I'm fearing I may have met my limit...
02-15-2005, 03:15 AM
Voodoo Hand
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2005
: Not from around here
: 290
Voodoo Hand  (190)Voodoo Hand  (190)

i am with you on that pal. Mr. S`s two recepitionists have Stranger`s hands tied.
i keep getting caught in a corner with that breakdance slice`n dice move they use.
The outcome always the same, plenty of Steef Sushi to go around.

02-15-2005, 05:58 AM
brom42
Chippunk

: Wisconsin
: 27
brom42  (10)

They are definately the hardest thing in the game to beat. The thing that always made me mad is when they would spit and I get hit by one blob that made it through the bookcase I was hiding behind. I found that the best thing to do is run up to them so they start spinning and let them have it with both barrels point blank. You do more damage to them than they do to you and they will move to the other side of the room after you give them a few shots. This gives you plenty of time to shake it off.

Don't give up Niteowl, you are so close to the end.
02-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Volsung
Boombat

: Mar 2004
: At the margins
: 212
Volsung  (33)

The two gloctigi are far and away the most difficult. Something I found helps is staying in first person mode unless I'm running away. If you shoot at them and jump to the side, you can often avoid the spit. And when they helicopter you, you can still shoot in first person, but often are just pummeled in third.

Keep at it. They're tough, but not impossible.
02-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Niteowl
Fuzzle

Niteowl  (10)
Thanks guys...got em..

I didn't know first person would make the difference. And I noticed a little spark that would show me where they were when hiding. My tired eyes couldn't see it last night.

Last edited by Niteowl; 02-15-2005 at 09:01 AM..
02-15-2005, 07:58 PM
brom42
Chippunk

brom42  (10)

I thought Sekto was too easy after beating the glocktigi. What did you think?
02-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Volsung
Boombat

: Mar 2004
: At the margins
: 212
Volsung  (33)

Yeah. Sekto was a cakewalk after those two. But someone else said they viewed the run, the gloctigi and sekto as one big boss battle. By that notion, it sort of works out. Still, Sekto did have a bunch of hunting guns up on the wall that he could have grabbed. I originally thought that fighting him one on one would reveal the secret, but I'm pretty sure OWI could have worked around it.
02-15-2005, 08:31 PM
brom42
Chippunk

brom42  (10)

:
Yeah. Sekto was a cakewalk after those two. But someone else said they viewed the run, the gloctigi and sekto as one big boss battle. By that notion, it sort of works out.
I never though of it that way, but that makes sense. Everyone knows that the final boss has to conform to the 3 form rule. :>

:
Still, Sekto did have a bunch of hunting guns up on the wall that he could have grabbed. I originally thought that fighting him one on one would reveal the secret, but I'm pretty sure OWI could have worked around it.
Spoiler, since this isn't in the spoiler section, here is your warning. I made it hard to read (atleast in the industrial skin), so highlight it to read it better.

After beating the game and seeing that he was controlling a steef, I though that after destroying the forcefield around him, he would have reveiled that he had taken control of the old steef. He then could of grabbed a gun and started to fight you. Using your steef moves (like charging you) against you.

Oh well, the ending was great anyway.
02-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Niteowl
Fuzzle

Niteowl  (10)

It took me a little while to get the rockfall, beam powerup timing right. If not for those rocks, I wouldn't have a chance...
As for Sekto being too easy, remember Abe finally faced those Gluks in the Boardroom? If you'd made good time, you land, Shrykull would fry the lot of them, take two steps and pull a lever and that's it.
Sekto was harder than that for me at least- forget where you are just once and....
02-17-2005, 10:58 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I found that the two Glocktigi are easier to battle when you are far away from them. What I do is keep running from one side of the room to the other side which will in a way keep the two Glocktigi in the center. When I am running I quickly switch from first person to third person to get some speed as I quickly pass the glocktigi they can't keep up with me. Thus as I get to the otherside of the room I quickly switch back to First person as I am quickly turning around faceing the Glocktigi. I pull out boom bats, thud slugs and bolamites aswell as sting bees which can be helpful and start shooting. The glocktigi spit the green slime at me and I wiggle myself free where I can have one more chance to inflict damage. Then they spit again and wiggle myself free now they are getting closer but this I repeat the process and move to the other side.

I am basically back and forth trying my best to keep my distance spite of the fact I am getting caught in their green slime. As long as you stay far from them you can beat them spite of being slimed.

02-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Mudokon Princess

: Nov 2004
: America
: 153
Mudokon Princess  (10)

I fought them when they were right in front of me, that way i could do more damage with riot slugs
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
samtesla
Zappfly

: Carmel, IN
: 10
samtesla  (10)

You can't be serious? the game ENDS after the two Octigi and Sekto?

It was only a few screens ago I got out of New Yolk City...
02-23-2005, 04:52 PM
TheLonelySteef
Bolamite

: Knoxville, TN
: 64
TheLonelySteef  (10)

Thats exactly how I beat them also ParamiteAbe.