02-05-2005, 12:58 AM
AWWW
Stingbee

: Feb 2005
: Sydney,Australia
: 82
AWWW  (10)

What going on??
I thought the books were avalible internationly, that they were only printed in Australia.
So all you people brought your Oddworld art books online??
Anyone find it in any shops??
I always love concept art (I was shocked to see the MO credits not having any concept art) as I like to draw and stuff.

On a different note good on Oddworld for releasing a art book, as there an't that many western game develpers doing this (as in Japan have good art books for all of thier major games and anime)
This could mean more coming for other games companys too*fingers crossed*
02-05-2005, 03:44 AM
smerles
Stingbee

: Feb 2005
: Germany (and Oddworld)
: 98
smerles  (10)

There's a reseller in Germany, but that would be more expensive than buying the book online... (Book costs 20 Euro more in the german shop than on ballisticpublishing.com, that are roundabout 40 AUD) Other shops I don't know.
02-05-2005, 05:11 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

:
What going on?? I thought the books were avalible internationly, that they were only printed in Australia. So all you people brought your Oddworld art books online?? Anyone find it in any shops?? I always love concept art (I was shocked to see the MO credits not having any concept art) as I like to draw and stuff.
They are available internationally, via the online sellers. Ballistic only have a select few "real world" retailers they sell through, as I understand it - so if you want the book, you have to buy direct from the publishers.

...And yeah, agreed on concept art, that was (if I'm honest) the only reason I bought the book, really... *guilt, guilt*

BTW, Max, did your book ever arrive? I've had things delayed a couple of weeks because of customs and whatnot (something I ordered from a seller in Cirencester was diverted, via SWEDEN), but they turned up in the end.

Last edited by Teal; 02-05-2005 at 05:16 AM..
02-05-2005, 12:57 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Yes, my book did arrive, and I sure do love it to bits. I have this nagging in the back of my mind that there must still be a copy floating around the Royal Mail/Post Office/Consignia/Whatever they call themselves now.

The Marching Mudokon, that is some amazing info. Completely independently I saw that Folio edition listed (when I got the limited edition) and wondered what it was. I asked my dad if he had any clue. All he could tell me was that folio is a standard book size, double that of octavo, which TAoOI is. I was thrown into convulsions of happiness at the prospect, and immediately told Xavier of the possibility. Good on you for asking Mr Snoswell, though! I want that folio edition!

02-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Karamsoul
Zappfly

: Jan 2005
: Atlanta, GA
: 2
Karamsoul  (10)

:
to karamsoul-

www.budplant.com in Grass Valley, California has the book for order in the states, just type Ballistic in the search bar and they have it. And it seems it only takes 1-6 days to deliver (depending on the distance of course)...I live about 4-5 hours away from Grass Valley and they even allow you to visit thier wharehouse in person if you live nearby.

Thanks Comick! That's where I ended up ordering from. I will receive it sometime next week in the mail.
Karamsoul.
02-08-2005, 11:31 PM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2004
: Perth, Australia
: 481
The Marching Mudokon  (10)

I wish I could get that folio edition, but I don't have enough money on me (I'm only 14). I can't believe there would only be ten! Now that something for every oddworld fans dream.

02-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

Has anyone noticed Stranger's Poncho desgine has the same pattern on the Mudokon temple on the inspration page. Mabey Stranger stripped it off the wall or something.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

02-12-2005, 04:14 PM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

What page number? You know how the Weirdos are assigned the scrab, paramite and fleech theme, I was wondering why the fleech? I thought it would be a creature that had more meaning to mudokon culture.

02-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

The Wierdoes are from Necrum, where the main creatures seem to be Scrabs, Paramites and Fleeches. That's all I can suggest.

02-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Comick
Zappfly

: Feb 2002
: Reno,NV
: 7
Comick  (10)

-To Tsioc, Sorry about the slow reply, but I'm glad I could help!!
-And same to Karamsoul, hope you get it soon !
02-17-2005, 12:43 AM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

:
The Wierdoes are from Necrum, where the main creatures seem to be Scrabs, Paramites and Fleeches. That's all I can suggest.
That makes sense Max. Maybe the fleeches have been living there so long they adopted the fleech theme.