01-24-2005, 08:09 PM
thatsteefdude
Zappfly

: Jan 2005
: The Mongo Valley
: 5
thatsteefdude  (10)
<<<Real Spoilers>>> [Major plot points revealed]

Hello. A "noob" here, if that is what you wish to call me. About a week ago I managed to get my hands on an advanced copy of the game. At the time I had no idea that it wasn't out for public purchase. Went on the internet because I was stuck on a part and saw "Shipping 1/26." Thought that was odd, but okay. Anyhow, I just beat the game yesterday and although it is fairly short and sets the game up for a sequel (almost as much as Halo 2 does) it certainly leaves you satisfied. Well, I was in any case. It's interesting to read all of your thoughts and comments about the game. Some of you are very close in your ideas. *cough*Sektobeingasteef*cough*. Look for another interesting turn in there. There is another steef aside from the aforementioned one, and I think you will be quite surprised to see who it is. The cinematics of the game are simply amazing, but that's not the only thing. Gameplay and storyline in general are great. Like I said is a bit short though, and ends fairly oddly with a quote from Chief Luther Standing Bear of the Sioux Nation. Not sure what that's all about, but alright oddworld! Anyway. Overall is a great game! It comes out tomorrow doesn't it? If you want to know anything else I'll tell you anything you want to know (regarding Stranger's Wrath that is... I don't know the meaning of life or anything like that... So don't ask me!) Have fun.
01-24-2005, 08:23 PM
thatsteefdude
Zappfly

thatsteefdude  (10)

Oh, and just one more thing. For those of you who are wondering if there are vehicles which you can drive. Unfortunately there is only one that you get to use. Which is the row boat which the grubbs construct for you to go after Sekto. They worked the physics out for it pretty well, and it's always neat to see the Stranger hop in and out of the boat, haha. Overall it's a nice addition, makes it a lot easier to get around in the water since the Stranger doesn't swim too strongly. Sorry for the double post, hope this helps.
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Now see, this is the kind of spoiler we don't want to know until the end. I read that and my heart sank, because you've ruined the ending.
I also would like to know how you got an advanced copy of the game, when we (the Americans at least) have to wait until Wednesday, Thursday or Friday to get it.

Ah, it doesn't concern me. Welcome to the forums. Excuse my accusations and whinings, but I really would have liked to have seen the ending for myself.

01-24-2005, 09:03 PM
thatsteefdude
Zappfly

thatsteefdude  (10)

Ah well, my mistake. I wasn't aware that there are different kinds of spoilers. I either thought it was spoiling the game... Or wasn't. I guess you learn something everyday though. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll refrain from any more spoilers, at least until I am able to differentiate from the various types of them. If anyone wants to know anything.. Just PM me I suppose, and I'll tell you there.

01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Don't listen to Dipstikk, he's quite the moron.

As is anyone else who comes into the spoiler section of the forums and proceeds to open and read a topic called 'real spoilers', and proceeds to whine about the plot being ruined.

I personally stopped reading at:

"Anyhow, I just beat the game yesterday and although it is fairly short and sets the game up for a sequel (almost as much as Halo 2 does) it certainly leaves you satisfied."

As it was obvious that you were going to truly 'spoil' the game.

Welcome to the forums.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

Last edited by Disgruntled Intern; 01-25-2005 at 08:35 AM..
01-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

Lucky I stopped reading after the *cough cough* bit. My heart didn't sink, well almost, but thats my problem for coming to this thread. Its is also everyone elses problem if they read it.

Read the title, people.

01-24-2005, 09:58 PM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2004
: Perth, Australia
: 481
The Marching Mudokon  (10)

Welcome to our forums. Although I did read the bit about Sekto i'll hopefully forget about it.

01-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

:
Don't listen to Dipstikk, he's quite the moron.

As is anyone else who comes into the spoiler section of the forums and proceeds to open and read a topic called 'real spoilers'.
:
I personally stopped reading at:

"Anyhow, I just beat the game yesterday and although it is fairly short and sets the game up for a sequel (almost as much as Halo 2 does) it certainly leaves you satisfied."
Oh, the irony!
Contradicting yourself a little bit there, ain't we?
Oh, yes. I'm so the moron here. Totally. I so am.
Here's a cool for you to try tip: maybe...review what you've typed after you type it.

01-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)

:
Welcome to our forums. Although I did read the bit about Sekto i'll hopefully forget about it.
Yes, I think every reader of this thread will read that 'bit', then gag on theirs spleens with, some sort of feeling which I am yet to remeber.

Honestly, thatsteefdude, welcome to the forums. Good information, it is worthy of the 'Spoilers' forum, especially with the title 'Real Spoilers'. Thanks for the info again, just note that many people will gag on their spleens.

01-25-2005, 01:57 AM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

I hope people don't become angry with you, seeing as it is there fault for reading it. Maybe next time you should have a big warning about the magnitude of the spoilers. You never know, you could become famous on these forums for telling us all of these major plot spoilers.

01-25-2005, 07:35 AM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2002
: weeeeeeeee!
: 1,410
sligster  (10)

how strong is the gun on the boat?
Asshole
Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.

01-25-2005, 08:05 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

is the boat in any way alive?

01-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Dec 2001
: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

:
Oh, the irony!
Contradicting yourself a little bit there, ain't we?
Oh, yes. I'm so the moron here. Totally. I so am.
Here's a cool for you to try tip: maybe...review what you've typed after you type it.

I fail to see how I'm contradicting myself if I'm not whining about the pseudo spoiler I did read.

Wait, I get it, you think I'm contradicting myself by even posting in the thread, yes? Well, if that's the case then you're an even bigger moron than I thought.

You were the one whining, not me.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

DI, Dipstikk: cool it. I don't wanna see anything more on the personal subject in this thread.

thatsteefdude, welcome to the Forums. Don't worry about posting spoilers, so long as they're in the Spoiler Forum. The title of this board says it all. Just watch out for those double posts in the future - there is an edit button.

01-25-2005, 02:13 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2002
: weeeeeeeee!
: 1,410
sligster  (10)

:
is the boat in any way alive?
the strat guide doesn't say it's alive, but I wouldn't put it out of the picture... although it does sound like something out of Zelda: Wind Waker to me....

but the guide also says that the boat has a powerful gun on it. "Powerful" is somewhat opinion oriented, and I would like to know exactly how powerful.
Asshole
Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.

01-25-2005, 06:23 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

Welcome to the forums, thatsteefdude! That boat that you mentioned sounds pretty neat! And if it's anything like Zelda: The Wind Waker, then I'll definitely enjoy using it because I had a lot of fun controlling that boat in The Wind Waker.

Last edited by odd chick; 01-25-2005 at 06:26 PM..
01-25-2005, 07:57 PM
thatsteefdude
Zappfly

thatsteefdude  (10)
The boat. (More spoilers at the end!)

Ahhh, the boat, the boat. First of all let me say thank you for all the welcomes. Unfortunately my fame will quickly fade as the game will be out in public for all soon. Which is both a good and a bad thing. As for the boat, sorry it took so long to reply to you. The gun on the boat is quite strong actually, and it's auto-fire. As in, you do NOTHING with it. You drive the boat, and when it "sees" an enemy, it fires what I can best describe as a "laser mini-gun" until the enemy either runs and hides, or is killed. I often found myself docking at shores and just sitting (as cheap as it may be, haha) until it cleared out a bit. Works pretty well towards the last part of the game, i.e. on the "normandy-esque" landing level. Which I must say was very fun. Anyhow. So yeah, the boat is pretty cool, and damn good looking.

01-25-2005, 08:00 PM
thatsteefdude
Zappfly

thatsteefdude  (10)

Oh, and the boat isn't really alive in anyway... Although it does have a pretty cool front (bow?... maybe stern? haha, sorry not a boat person) which is modeled to look like the head of a steef. It doesn't look like much when you first see it, but then you go do some busy work (saving a town) for the grubbs and they fix it up to look pretty cool. How they got ahold of an auto-cannon... I am still trying to figure out.

01-25-2005, 10:43 PM
The Marching Mudokon
Super Stingbee

I see you have added to the title of this thread to say: Major plot points revealed. Hopefully that will stop people from reading it when they don't want to know the REAL spoilers, so good idea adding to the title like that.

Last edited by The Marching Mudokon; 01-26-2005 at 12:53 AM..
01-26-2005, 02:44 PM
odd chick
Outlaw Shooter

: United States
: 1,275
odd chick  (10)

It has a cannon? That's even better! It's kind of a letdown that it's an auto cannon because it would've been cool if you could control it, but it still sounds pretty awesome!

01-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

All the info is cool.

It's kind of funny that people come into the spoiler forum and complain about someone posting spoilers. It's like going into "Welcomes and Birthdays" and telling someone you don't give a shit about their birthday.
01-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Al the Glukkon
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: My house
: 466
Al the Glukkon  (10)

The boat's auto-cannon seems to be like a spooce bow.

:
Like I said is a bit short though, and ends fairly oddly with a quote from Chief Luther Standing Bear of the Sioux Nation. Not sure what that's all about, but alright oddworld!
The Sioux Native Americans were being treated a lot like the Grubs.
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
~T.S. Eliot The Waste Land.

Last edited by Al the Glukkon; 01-29-2005 at 06:57 PM..