08-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Capri
Zappfly

: Aug 2004
: High Desert, California
: 18
Capri  (10)
Native Neopets...The New Pokemon?

Alright I know that Pokemon isn't going to die anytime soon in this lifetime or the next (though I think alot of people wish it would), but is it just me or does Neopets seem to be getting really popluar in the obsevive compulsive way with the 5-12 group?

Don't get me wrong, I'm preety okay with Neopets (I'm StrangeSpiderQueen on the site). But alot of children seemed to be going into cuvolusions when McDonald's started giving out little Neopets stuffies. Are we under an invasion of the Neopets?

08-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Al the Glukkon
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: My house
: 466
Al the Glukkon  (10)

Do we really need another weird/cute/creature thing that kids like? No. But the sad thing is it probably will be as "Popular" as Pokemon or Yu gi oh.
sorry I don't mean to insult anyone.
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
~T.S. Eliot The Waste Land.

08-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Shell Man
Thudslug

: Feb 2004
: Seattle
: 172
Shell Man  (10)

God I hate Yu-Gi-Oh. It's like Dragonball Z where the characters just sit there and talk for like the whole episode, only instead of talking about fighting they're talking about playing a stupid card game. And their hair is so freakin huge...

08-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Lucipher

: Sep 2003
: SE England,hampshire,yately
: 374
Lucipher  (10)

I hate pokemon! Someone kick that smelly little yellow rat!
08-24-2004, 05:08 AM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Jul 2001
: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)

As far as I'm concerned the last thing the world needs is another Japped-up, blatant rip-off of Magic:The Gathering. The market is pretty much glutted with CCGs right now and as far as I'm concerned only 3 are worth your time
Warlord
7th Sea
MTG.

I wanna have El Scrabino's man babies.

Last edited by Statikk HDM; 08-24-2004 at 05:10 AM..
08-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I don't think anything is ever going to recapture the same fever that was present where I live, but then I was going to school with the kind of people who accept any old riff-raff craze that sweeps the nation. The idea of the Pokemon video games was good, but the whole franchise is even worse than the bizarre yo-yo fad, especially since it still churns out rubbish. Bah.

:
Do we really need another weird/cute/creature thing that kids like?
Sorry to drag GD into OT, but OWI seems to think that such a collection is a great move.

08-24-2004, 09:00 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Hey, I used to have a neopet when i was younger .... But i don't get it... Is neopet popular these days? It hasn't comed here in Denmark.

As for pokemon and everything else... IT SUCK BIG TIME! I like anime cartoons, but these rip off's are getting too much. Pokemon stinks, i used to see it when i was younger, but the same story goes again and agai. Ash loses fight, ash trains, ash wins fight. BLEH! And for Yu-gi-oh, it's the worst idea i've evr seen... A little boy turns into a big boy with his little medalion, and then they have these Pokemon creatures -just uglier... I'm done watching Anime cartoons.... Bleh... Someone tell me if theres a cartoon worhy enought to watch.

Neopets is boring. I don't even remember the website. But are they really popular in your countries? O_o
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

08-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Lucipher

Lucipher  (10)

:
Hey, I used to have a neopet when i was younger .... But i don't get it... Is neopet popular these days? It hasn't comed here in Denmark.

As for pokemon and everything else... IT SUCK BIG TIME! I like anime cartoons, but these rip off's are getting too much. Pokemon stinks, i used to see it when i was younger, but the same story goes again and agai. Ash loses fight, ash trains, ash wins fight. BLEH! And for Yu-gi-oh, it's the worst idea i've evr seen... A little boy turns into a big boy with his little medalion, and then they have these Pokemon creatures -just uglier... I'm done watching Anime cartoons.... Bleh... Someone tell me if theres a cartoon worhy enought to watch.

Neopets is boring. I don't even remember the website. But are they really popular in your countries? O_o
They are popular among kids and in my opinion they suck elephant scrotum! I would like to shoot pikachu right in the forehead with a shotgun and see his smelly little yellow rat brains fly everywhere! And chop off ashes head with a big knife! He's such a little mama's boy.
08-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)

Check out newgrounds and go to pokemon...you're prayers are answered.I saw neopets.Are those the little monsters that are in a tank or walking?
08-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Neopets, psh. I found the site entertaining for a few days. Then I forgot my username/password. And the need for parental permission for full useage bugged. Oh, and the toys are some of the worst I've ever seen. Brilliant, though. Whoever worked to create the original site is raking in the dough off of an idea that cost nothing, and probably enjoyed creating the map/world.
08-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Big_Bro_Slig222
Spark Stunk

: Oct 2002
: The Blasted Wastes
: 394
Big_Bro_Slig222  (10)

I played it for a few days about 2 years ago, then my brain kicked in a realized the whole thing was pig sh*t, so I quit. I look into it occasionally to see what madness the site is doing now, and to see how my neopet is doing. The little bastard hasn't died after 2 years without sustenance, he seems to hang in a state of perpetual torture and immortal mystery. Damn.

08-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Ugh. I remember that. I used that for ages. And then realised there was no point at all to it. What surprises me about that site is the amounts of adults on the site, when i joined it the boards were full of idiots going ' i iz @ h0tz0r 9 yr 01D wit|-| hooge b00bz" which really put off anyone who actually wanted to play the pointless little game.
08-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Lucipher

Lucipher  (10)

:
Ugh. I remember that. I used that for ages. And then realised there was no point at all to it. What surprises me about that site is the amounts of adults on the site, when i joined it the boards were full of idiots going ' i iz @ h0tz0r 9 yr 01D wit|-| hooge b00bz" which really put off anyone who actually wanted to play the pointless little game.
What kind of geek says that on those boards?
08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Al the Glukkon
Super Stingbee

: My house
: 466
Al the Glukkon  (10)

:
Sorry to drag GD into OT, but OWI seems to think that such a collection is a great move.
Yeah that true, but Oddworld isn't annoying like Pokemon, but it might be to other people I guess.
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
~T.S. Eliot The Waste Land.

08-25-2004, 03:17 PM
caracal
Fuzzle

: Jul 2004
: colombia
: 107
caracal  (43)

max...what exactly are you talking about on the OWI thinking creature collections are a great move?...no clue what you are talking about, and I'm curious.

and on...pokemon type things in general, I think that a bunch of weird creatures are cool...I enjoyed pokemon because I enjoyed discovering the wierd creature designs..and imaginating how well they could be used...though as far as the anime and the big idiotic hype goes, I think it's really really lame. I still enjoy looking trough a creature gallery every time a new digimon or whatever comes out, though yu-gi-oh is just downright ugly.

but...atleast it's something new you know? I'd rather complain about pokemon than about another street sharks show or another DBZ ripoff whatever...god I hated how much they ripped off TMNT back in the days.

oh yeah..almost forgot about neopets...I signed in it because I like looking trough the characters and stuff, then I tried to raise the little buggers, but it was just too damn annoying, and I didnt even know what I was doing all that for so I quit in like 2 days or something...heh...I might just make a new account and check what new beasts they added now

Last edited by caracal; 08-25-2004 at 03:21 PM.. : oh yeah...neopets!
08-26-2004, 03:15 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

I think I'm too far removed to really understand/enjoy whatever these little creatures are. All of them. I see that Yu-Gi-Oh thing on the covers of gaming mags and have NO idea.

I went to McDonald's and got a Happy Meal once and it came with a NeoPet...it was plastic though and supposed to talk to another one.....I had no idea what it was.

I think the biggest craze (and I was in my late teens early twenties) I can remember was Tamagatchi (or whatever), they were little electronic pets.

VaniLLaKiLLah rocks! She made my sig!

08-26-2004, 08:09 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

:
max...what exactly are you talking about on the OWI thinking creature collections are a great move?...no clue what you are talking about, and I'm curious.
That was just a little not-entirely-serious quip about the appearance of Fuzzles, Meeps, Boombats, Stunkz and Chippunkz. Permit me to steal something very funny from someone else:

"Bolamite, I choose you!"

Sorry.