Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

05-11-2004, 11:09 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
Your early early works of art! Your child hood drawings.

This is for everybody who is now a well established artist. Can you remember the very day you picked up a pencil and started drawing? Do you remember how pathetic those early early drawings looked? Well just the other day I was cleaning out some old storage stuff and I found all these note books of mine filled with my earliest art work I have ever done. And wow they look so horrible. This was drawings I did during 5th through 8th grade and all I got to say is damm I have come such a long way with my art that it makes me appreciate my earliest little crappy sketches and scribbles I did in my young grade school years. Here is a view back in time to grade school and my first scribbles that prompted me to persue this dream of being an accomplish artist.

You can post some of yours if you want if you can find them.

This was my first Oddworld crappy art work of Elum. I did this when AO came out and I wasn't in high school at the time I was like in 8th grade I believe.

This is one of my better pieces of scribbles I did in my early days. It goes to show you that in this crappy drawing I was destined to become a true artist.

This early drawing was apart of my vision. and as crappy as it looks it sports great possibilties for me to go in and actually recreate this as a genunie illustration for myself. Now that I am an acomplished artist these scribbles can be well refined into some spectacular works of art.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002F.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	26.9 
ID:	1835   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001F.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	45.4 
ID:	1836  

Last edited by paramiteabe; 05-11-2004 at 11:11 AM..
05-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

ehh, the first one did, as you said, stink, but the second one was better
Bravo!
Encore!

05-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

Hey cool, I would like to post my earliest art too. But my scanner here at school works like a dead turtle. My scribblings look horrible in comparison to my current art.

Well, I think I'm going to scan some new drawings this week. Be patiently.

- Alector

05-13-2004, 02:40 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

I always had a keen eye when drawing in perspective. When I saw a book called The Art of Star Wars my artistic ability began to blossem even though my work was pretty bad. This is a paticular one I like. I did this in my freshman year after I took my first art class.

Some of these early drawings I was doing in my first year of high school and 8th grade. Some of them were inspired by Oddworld like this one. It was suppose to be those industrial furneses we saw in AE I believe. It dident take me long to really get good at my work infact it took me 2 years.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	286
Size:	35.0 
ID:	1841   Click image for larger version

Views:	275
Size:	34.0 
ID:	1842  

05-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

Old art (early 2001)

Newer Art (well, early winter '03)

Yay.

Sidenote: *not able to blow own trumpet* One thing I've noticed is that most people that say they're great artists never seem to live up to the hype they give themselves. So I don't say it. But then I'm not anyway, soo... rar.

05-17-2004, 05:41 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Why must everyone be better than me?! This is some awesome stuff. I don't have any art to add to this thread. If I don't learn how to draw manga-style by the time I die, I won't be able to live with myself!... heh heh heh. Pero yo soy muy comico, no? Ja ja ja.

05-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Abeguy
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2003
: United States of Merka
: 1,940
Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)Abeguy  (264)

oh come on raisen! you got to be better than someone!

just not me

art coming soon!

05-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Im afraid I can only show you guys pics of a one year period. Sorry . Anyway, here they are.

And here is some Sketch to Digital Art.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

06-23-2004, 08:22 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

: Dec 2002
: Hell
: 675
ANN NEELY  (14)
Dead Scrabs?

I drew this in second grade. Scrabs, perhaps?
The secomd picture is of a Slig, Slog and Greeter, I think...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OldScrabs.gif
Views:	138
Size:	114.8 
ID:	2036   Click image for larger version

Name:	oldsligsloggreeter.gif
Views:	143
Size:	78.6 
ID:	2037  

Last edited by ANN NEELY; 06-23-2004 at 08:26 AM..
06-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

the Slog has a crown! That's class!

06-24-2004, 07:55 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

ANN NEELY  (14)

No, it's supposed to be that crest they have. When I was little, I used to think Slogs looked like Triceratops and Dogs combined!

06-24-2004, 09:57 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

-dies laughing at Ann's art/comments- I'm sorry, I just found that hilarious. You're still definitely better than me, but... BWA-HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHA!!! Ohhh my god. M'kay, sorry, sorry. I do like them. Ha ha. Triceratops and dogs combined.
Havoc, your stuff is really schweet. I love the angular look to it all, and the color. It is coo.

Oh yeah, if I had a scanner I would show you some stuff I did when I was a tiny little kid. I sucked SO badly, but it never stopped me. I had the wildest imagination. I would draw all kinds of lizard people with laser guns and spacecraft and giant worm creatures... man, that was fun. I guess I realized in about third grade that I sucked way too badly to ever really express myself that way, though, so at that point I started writing little stories and things. They were hilarious. It was at about this time that I really started to develop an adult vocabulary and writing skills, so I was always a source of amusement to the class when we read our short story writing entry tasks out loud. I retained some of that insane creativity, but I got bad at writing, so it started to show more in my personality and actions. I'll tell you, laughing out loud all the time and shouting words in nonexistant languages at yourself will quickly earn you a reputation as a stoner in middle school.
Wow... I was laughing as I was typing all this, but now I'm just depressed. I never had drawing skills, and now I've lost my writing skills. Friggin' teenage years. Can't even write stuff anymore. Feh. Okay, I'm going to bed. Tomorrow I'll try breaking out the old pencil and paper. Umm... it's not spamming if I don't post any art, is it? I hope not.

06-25-2004, 07:39 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Mar 2004
: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

Oh wow - everyone's 'early' works are TONS better than I could do now!!!!

TheRaisin - that's great that you have such an imagination and you enjoy art so much!!!!
06-25-2004, 09:15 AM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Well thank you. Thank you very much.

06-27-2004, 09:14 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

ANN NEELY  (14)
Happy DUN DUN DUN DUNNN!

:
-dies laughing at Ann's art/comments- I'm sorry, I just found that hilarious. You're still definitely better than me, but... BWA-HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHA!!! Ohhh my god. M'kay, sorry, sorry. I do like them. Ha ha. Triceratops and dogs combined.
Don't worry, I still laugh at my old art, too. Triceratops and dogs combined, what the heck was I thinking back then?!? The answer to that would probably be....Nothing!
Eh, when Munch's Oddysee came out, I drew my teacher as a Vykker. It was extremely funny, and luckily she didn't find it, or the consequences would have been dire.

06-27-2004, 09:58 AM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Ooh, you MUST post that one, Ann. Teacher as a Vykker, that's hilarious in its aptness.

06-27-2004, 09:59 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

ANN NEELY  (14)
Mad Teacha!

&%$#ing computer Adobe Photoshop! It won't let me resize pictures so I can post them!

Last edited by ANN NEELY; 06-27-2004 at 10:17 AM.. : :X
06-28-2004, 01:32 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Wow. Ann mad. This is new. Don't worry, we can wait.