Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)
Oddworld Be a news reporter for Oddworld-Web :: Apply Now

Hello all ...

It's time for me to find some staff. Namely in the position of reporting news. Simply because I don't have time to go around all the gaming websites and see what's what. I can handle Oddworld.com, and larger gaming sites [IGN, GameSpot, etc] ... but smaller sites and particularly Xbox sites I don't really get to anymore. So this position would most likely suit someone who visits gaming and Xbox sites on a regular basis.

The person will need to find news and then upload it to the site. Alcar has been kind enough to write me a basic news script ... so once Oddworld-Web's name servers get fixed and the site moves over completely ... the news script will be installed too. This was something I couldn't do in the past because Pilot's server did not let us install things like that.

The news script will be very easy to use. Just type in your news and upload it with a link to the article that you are reporting about. No need to worry about making images or anything [I'll come along and add these later].

If you are interested, reply to this thread or send me a PM. It would be good too if you could give an example of a news report as well [use some past news or make up a piece of Oddworld news and write a short summary of it].

Regards,
Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

01-20-2004, 08:47 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

I would be interested, namely because I love writing and I love oddworld. Together, it is perfect. I've done some writing for hobo's site.

Here,

here...

...and here. This one isn't that great though.

As you can see, I'm pretty capable. Although, if I got this job, I would need a list of the gaming sites to visit. The smaller ones, like you said. There's also this feature on google that I could use. You put a keyword or phrase in their database, and they search it everyday and send the resutls to your e-mail.

-oddguy

-oddguy

01-24-2004, 09:49 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

From the lack of response, I see that Abe babe obviously didn't like my work. Oh well...

-oddguy

01-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

Actually it's more that I was waiting to see if anyone else was interested. By the looks of it, you probably will get the job Oddguy ... not only are you the only one willing to help out ... but aside from that I do like what you have done and you have done stuff before. Although the stuff you'll need to write for Oddworld-Web will be a lot smaller than that ... so I think you'll handle it easily.

I would rather give the position to a forum member as opposed to try and advertise it on the site and get unknown people apply. Being a forum member shows your regular interest in Oddworld rather than it being a passing fancy.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

01-26-2004, 11:29 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

I was just joking about you not liking my work in my last post. It was just my way of seeing what you thought. I figured you were waiting for others to post.

Anyway, I'm ready to take the job when you're ready. Thanks.

-oddguy

01-26-2004, 04:03 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Hey...I just found something interesting on a SLO website.

:
And finally, does White House Chief of Staff Andrew H. Card keep a home on the Central Coast? A local man by that same name -- including the middle initial -- donated $2,000 to the Bush re-election campaign. But that would be the 28-year-old Andrew H. Card, who works as a programmer at Oddworld Inhabitants, a video game company in San Luis Obispo.
Ta-Da!

_oddguy

01-27-2004, 11:22 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

: Dec 2002
: Hell
: 675
ANN NEELY  (14)

Hey, I might be able to do this. I write articles for the school news all the time. I LOVE Oddworld, and I check the news every chance I get.

01-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Miss Odd
Bola Blast

: Apr 2002
: Australia
: 403
Miss Odd  (10)

:
Hey...I just found something interesting on a SLO website.

Ta-Da!

_oddguy

LOL! That is funny!!!! You would be perfect, finding something like that! LOL

~Miss Odd Serenity

.::[Oddworld Online]::.

01-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I might be interested in doing it too Abe Babe. I just am a bit unsure and was waiting to reply to this thread because I know Oddworld News is just slow right now. As we get more information however I would probably like reporting stuff because I enjoy visiting game sites a lot of times when on the web.

Ive always wanted to do a bit of field reporting, or any online journalism.
02-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

I'd be intrested, but Oddguy would be great for the job. I mean...how can you find that stuff? *praises Oddguy*

I read this after just posting Oddworld FM and i did a small article in that. But you all already know about Oddworld 4. But still heres the link. Here!.

I like getting info and presenting it, but i'm not good at it . And I'd find stuff without getting paid...or titld or whatever you crazy kids do these days. (But it'd be a bonus j/k)

Okay. Bye...

02-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

Cloverfield  (72)

If Oddguy is still interested I would like to offer him the position. I've been overly impressed by his ability to find news and information over the past few weeks.

Now I'm just going to nab Alcar and ask him if my news script has been finished ... and you will be all set.

Welcome aboard Oddguy ... and congrats. And to Al and Rex ... thank you for your applications. It's good to see some interest in the site.

Abe Babe...

02-29-2004, 04:54 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Congrats to Oddguy!
02-29-2004, 06:02 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Thanks guys! I hope to do a good job.

So...Abe Babe, does that mean all the news I find I directly report to you, or should I just post it on the forums like I do now?

-oddguy