Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

04-26-2001, 10:50 PM
Banjo X
Chippunk

: Apr 2001
: 26
Banjo X  (10)
What are you going to do on xbox launch?

Im going to go to my local shop, buy the xbox, Munch(Of course),Halo(Of course), a dvd remote, a dvd, and im gonna buy an extra controller. Woo! 500 bucks down the drain, or should i say "Moolah". heh heh. Wat are ya'll gonna do that day?

04-26-2001, 10:55 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

me? assuming I will actually get an X-box, will wait a few months for the price and the mad rush to go down...

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

04-26-2001, 11:44 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

I dont think I will get a Xbox on its launch. I will wait a bit...if Munch comes out for PC, I wont get a Xbox, but if it doesn't, I definately will.

I am not getting a dvd remote, because we already have a dvd plater, and the only games I want for Xbox is Oddworld.

04-27-2001, 12:24 AM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Elum, don't count on it. I also am not getting it at the release bacause mainly I'm really taped from PS2. I love it, I got Timesplitters and Z.O.E AND MGS2 Demo!

04-27-2001, 02:35 AM
Melvin:squeeking paramite

: Bottom
: 879
Melvin:squeeking paramite  (12)

hmmm...I probably won't get an x-box if Munch comes to the computer.I hope it does cuz I probably won't have any money any way.......WHAT A HORRIBLE THOUGHT!!!!!!!WHAT IF I NEVER PLAY MUNCH!!!!!!MUST MAKE MONEY!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHGGGGH!!!!!gooooooooooggggiiiiiiiiigloooobbbbbbbloooooooooddeeeeeeeg ggggii..........(drool)
04-27-2001, 02:42 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Waiting by my postbox for it to arrive in the mail! Well not quite... because it will probably be a couple of weeks after launch date before it gets shipped to me in Australia.

I'll probably be grumbling and thinking "Damn Americans... get everything first".

Then again when it comes out in Australia, I'll be thinking, "Ha, ha, I got mine already and I have finished Munch's Oddysee!!!". *evil grin*

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

04-27-2001, 03:01 AM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Why couldn't I have become a lawyer or a doctor? Why did I have to like art? I never have money! That pisses me off, stupid landlord, always wanting his money! Stupid electric company! Water! Who needs water!

04-27-2001, 06:05 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

I'll probably be sulking. Like Abe Babe, I live in Australia but I think I will have to wait the extra months because the Australian dollar is so low.

If I was to buy it from the USA when the Xbox is released, I'll probably have to pay close to $1,000. I certainly can't earn that kind of money and I can't see my parents donating it to me.

Patience is its own reward, I suppose.

[ April 27, 2001: Message edited by: Sydney ]

04-27-2001, 06:54 AM
Crazy Vykker
Boombat

: Vigo, Spain
: 235
Crazy Vykker  (10)

I will buy the Xbox, the first day!!!!! when they arrive to my country, of course will buy M.O. and surely MALICE. I live in Spain, I will wait until March 2002, damn... it´s a very, very, very, very long wait

04-27-2001, 08:27 AM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

: California, and Europe
: 120
Steel Shark 100  (11)

Guys, guys , guys, where do I begin. MO will come in September of 2002 on your PC, If ever, no confirmation as of yet.

It must first come out worldwide on XBOX. The game will be an ace up the sleeves for Microsoft's XBOX, there is no way they will underscore there new toy the XBOX for a early release on the PC.

By the time it comes out on XBOX in November of 2001 I will have a 2 GIG something system with a GE-FORCE 3 ULTRA. I'd love it on my PC, it's just not happening, face it.

After it's worldwide release, they will do the relative easy translation to PC I am sure, but it will be something like 6 months after that that they will release it on the PC. MO will sell XBOX units, they will not underscore the BOX in anyway. That's basically 1 and a half years until you will play MO, can you really wait that long?

If you wait for the price to come down, you will have to wait for 6 months to a year extra, for what $50. You could wait for the PC for about 17-18 more months, but what about all the other great XBOX games coming?

Basically by the time you start playing MO, Hand of ODD will be coming, it's being layed out now from what I understand, and when MO is done being developed the crew will join the Hand of ODD guys to finish the game.

When you see MO 's company this E3, you will want an XBOX as soon as possible, you'll see. Find yourself some rich boyfriends or girlfriends, work overtime a bit, get early Holiday or Birthday gifts, just get an XBOX somehow. I mean November is already too far off, but September 2002 or so is eternity. Well good luck, I know you will find a way.
04-27-2001, 09:08 AM
LuxoJr
Howler Punk

: 329
LuxoJr  (10)

Do you think that Munch's Oddyssey would even work on a GF3 Ultra? I mean, its predecesor is the only card powerful enough to run Giants: Citizen Kabuto at high resolution, and that's with a maximum of about 15 characters per screen.

Daily Radar (pshaw) said that the Oddworld 3D engine could handle dozens of high poly creatures at once. If it does come on PC, you'll be waiting longer than September 2002.
04-27-2001, 09:27 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

I'm gonna wait till it appears in my mailbox too. I hope they want to deliver it in Belgium! Is there anyone who knows if you can order or preorder an Xbox and MO somewhere?

04-27-2001, 10:35 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Probably will be able to at a later date, Oddipus. Not yet though.
04-27-2001, 10:44 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

yet again stark showed us the way!!!

04-27-2001, 10:48 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

Pacen  (23)

He means "Shark", took me a bit to figure it out .
04-27-2001, 10:57 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

NO I MEAN STARK. thats what i call him

steel + shark

=sheel, sterk, steek, stark, steel shark

i like stark, i used this name for ages

04-27-2001, 11:31 AM
Banjo X
Chippunk

: 26
Banjo X  (10)

Alright, you people are not, i repeat, Not getting MO for pc. Come on, think about it, even if it does, how is your pc gonna beable to handle it unless you upgrade it? and then, MO is only using 1/4 of the xbox's power, theres no way any newer games would work on your Comp.Well, mabye if you spend 500 dollars on upgrading it, so it would be a better idea just to buy an xbox in the first place. well, thats my 2 cents.

04-27-2001, 11:36 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

Pacen  (23)

Sorry Oddbodd, you're on a whole other level there. I completely missed that one.

I agree with Banjo X, I very much doubt that Munch's Oddysee will ever come to PC. And if it ever does, not for a long time yet.
04-27-2001, 02:13 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

hmmmmmmmm...well it doesn't really matter to me because my bro in law's got a ps2 and im getting an xbox. Soill have everything, except for booze. GIVE ME MORE BOOOZE!!!!

04-27-2001, 04:43 PM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

Steel Shark 100  (11)

What I meant Luxo JR. was that I will have a 2 Gig pc with a Ultra 3 this Fall, and that it would be nice to have MO on the PC this Fall. It's just not going to happen As for September 2002 Mo will be on PC no problem, by then Geforce 4 Ultra's will be around with 2.5 gig PC's.

You are right about Giants, it takes power, to play it at 1600x1200 resolution with all the hardware extras on it takes a 900 MHZ Pc with a GEforce 2 DDR.

I believe that MO would take about 1.2 gigs with a Geforce 2 Ultra to play it at top level .

MO on XBOX is not using all the system's power, 733MHZ and GEforce 3 on XBOX is not all the power issues that XBOX has.

I believe that about 6 months after the March 2002 worldwide release, September or so PC's will have it . By then 1.5 Gigs of MHZ and Geforce 3's will be much cheaper. No problem at all for PC's.

But the real issue is do you really want to wait for so long? Don't forget that you get a Dvd system, if you already have one, well an extra one. You will be using the system for about 5 years. That's over 1800 day's of sooo much more gaming options.

Let's say you get 5 games a year on XBOX, that's 25 in 5 years. The games are becoming longer, at least the extra sweet ones, ok 60 hours on average, thats 60 hours x 25 games that equals to 1500 hours or so of gaming bliss in 5 years.For what 250-300 dollars extra. That's like 20 cents an hour. When you go to a movie you're spending 4 dollars or so an hour. For your money you can't go wrong with the system. Don't forget you will be only choosing you're fav 5 games a year, so only top quaulity games need apply.

You're all cool fun people, just at least consider the XBOX, by the time E3 rolls around you will see at least 20 real reasons for an XBOX purchase, and that's just it's first generation games, don't forget the future, more will come then as well.

If there's a problem with expense just get you're loved ones and friends to pool money for you, you know Birthday's and such. Instead of 5 or 10 seperate gifts, get them to get you one speacial one the XBOX.

I just don't want anyone to miss out, so find a way, OK........

Oddipus: You got time my Belgian brother. After E3 preorders will become available. If you wait until March of 2002 for it to come in wonderful Belgium you must first wait an extra 4 months and it will cost an extra $ 100 dollars or so there.

My suggestion would be to pre-order an American XBOX, have it sent out to you the day it hits the States, the cost will still be less for you and you get it earlier. Plus all future games coming for it come out earlier in the States for the most part. I will find out the details soon and relay the message to you about getting it to Belgium. Dont forget MO is 200+ hours of gaming bliss, that's like 5 or 6 games in one, it's worth it. Plus sooo many other sweet titles coming for XBOX.

So you are Belgian, my Mother is Belgian, we have a extra sweet family home in Belgium. I spend about 5 or 6 months a year in Belgium and Europe, I cruise Europe's hot spots the rest of the time, I love it. Do you know of Aalst, that sweet jewel of a town right in between Brussels and Gent, that's the place. I will be expanding my CG studio to either Aalst or Brugge this Fall. My present studio is in Newport Beach California, real cool, but I dig Europe overall more, it's just so much more for me. It's good to have both places.

Man I type too much, I'll see you later.
04-28-2001, 09:04 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

MMMMMMM I LOVE THE WAY YOU TALK STARK, YOIU SHOULD REALLY BECOME A SALESMAN!!!!

04-28-2001, 11:03 AM
LuxoJr
Howler Punk

: 329
LuxoJr  (10)

Munch's Oddyssey on PC...well, I agree that it's unlikely - but let's all keep our fingers crossed. A PC version would look even better than one on Xbox (following the normal console conversion guidelines).
04-28-2001, 01:26 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i really hate microsoft. just because they own one format of MO, they won't release it in another? baahhh, humbug!

i won't be able to afford an xbox or a pc capable of playing MO, so i will probably *sharp intake of breath* NEVER own MO! i'll have to play it at other people's houses.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-28-2001, 03:41 PM
Steel Shark 100
Fuzzle

Steel Shark 100  (11)

Actually it's not unlikely Luxo, It's coming on PC, I know it's not confirmed but the relationship of XBOX and PC are close. The translation will be 3-6 months, and not a difficult task.

You cannot blame Microsoft, it's a biz after all, they will use MO as a great selling point for there new XBOX, and then let it appear on PC's.

By the time it hits on PC in something like September 2002 a 1 gig machine and a Geforce 2 will be able to handle MO pretty well. An upgrade will be very little by then, you probably will upgrade by another year and a half anyway.

As for playing it on XBOX, well plenty of advantages and options there. First you can be playing it in a half year instead of 1 and a half years. In a year and a half I will be looking forward to the next generation games for the new systems, along with Hand of ODD from ODDworld, MO will be one of my classic games by then. Second the PC's advantage over the XBOX is resolution. That can be conquered.

Hook the XBOX to you're monitor, don't forget that XBOX has a potential 1900 resolution option. So play it as high as possible. Also you can play on big screens,I have a 61 inch Sony, nice for some games like racers and such. And don't forget about the sound power of XBOX, perfect on Big screens.

I am going to get HDTV big screen to join the party, now your talking 1900 resolution being used the right way. You see the advantage already for XBOX.

The game I have been playing a beta version of I code named it Heavens beast will be a dream on a big screen.It is going to be something like 200 hours of bliss. Along with MO alone these games make XBOX a worthwhile purchase. You are talking about 400 hours+ of gaming. Thats something like 5 months worth of gaming at about 3 hours a day.And don't forget the extra DVD usage you get and all those other great games coming in the next 5 years.

You know you're right Oddbodd, I am beginning to sound like a salesman, I shudder at the thought.
04-28-2001, 03:46 PM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

INFORMATION OVERLOAD......CURUPTION CORUPTION

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOU TIME!